It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about Miley Cyrus's pole dancing at the teen choice awards?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

It was horrific! Only a Atheist would do such a thing, so her claims of being a devout Christian are bunk!

This has to be the most unreasonable thing I' ve ever heard.

I can't believe you're all calling this dancing. I wouldn't have her dance at the north pole.

LadySkadi

It's a serious workout! I can attest to that, I take the class at the gym. What more can one ask for? Exercise that is fun? Yes, it exists.

hmmmm

[edit on 29-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
Don't be ridiculous lol...

I would never

Whew! That's reassuring.

But I wont lie and say she is not attractive either

Doh! I guess I must just be getting old then.

She's "cute", but so are puppies and kittens. To me "attractive" implies something deeper, and she just hasn't hit that point in my eyes.

At this point, when I see her, I still just see "Hannah Montana"; a.k.a., a kid. Maybe it's a side effect of the overhyped licencing blitz bombarding most every retail store over these past few years, but she's got a loooong way to go before I'd be able to see her in any other light. Furthermore, "pop-tarts" were never my weakness; so if she's following the formula, and entering that phase, then it'll be even longer till she's got a shot at being "attractive" in my book.

She shouldn't be up on a pole yet

I'd have to agree. Personally, I subscribe to the the Chris Rock philosophy; "A father's only job in life is to keep his baby off the pole!"

We'll know it's all over when Miss Montana breaks out the clear heels.

[edit on 11/29/09 by redmage]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Why on Earth were you (any of you) watching the Teen Choice Awards anyway? Screening it or digging it?

[edit on 11/28/2009 by Phage]

I wish I could throw you a hundred stars for that one.

Beautiful

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
She's 16 right?

That makes her legal in my country! w00t!

She's a fitty alright, and a very professional one.

Seriously, what's all the trouble? I regularly see 15 year old ladies doing far worse, (and not getting one dirty look for it) in my town.

It's not 1950 anymore y'all.

The Para.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
and lets not forget the infamous festivus pole.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

What do you think about Miley Cyrus's pole dancing at the teen choice awards?
I think it was hot and I would love to see more of it again.

And btw this thread sucks! No thank you for bringing ATS down to your level.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

First off SD I have seen Kids....that makes Miley's dance look like a game of patticake...If you all can't stomach Miley's stupid dance I highly recommend you go out and burn a copy of Kids just to be safe and make sure you don't accidentally see it

Now then...to those attacking mopusvindictus and claiming he is a pedo let's look at some things here

Pedophilia does occur and I do agree it is a disorder but there are some factors here you are jumping over. As part of my Master's degree I will be writing my thesis on the myraid of factors that deal with underage attraction. So let's look at some of them

If you can't handle this sort of discussion please skip this post...while you're at it let's skip the'Kyo is a pedo' comments...not true...never will be...just presenting the way life works from 4+ years of studying this topic as a future Psychologist)

Biological: Often a man, being an animal at heart, is looking to spread his seed throughout the community of females. Now he is geared towards looking at women who can provide him the most babies. Now a 40 year old woman will have just a short time left of her 'breeding' years. She will not be able to have near as many as say a 17 year old girl.

Psychological: A man typicaly looks for youth in attraction. Obviously there are many who like older women and that is fine. It doesn't stop the fact that many other men stare at girls Miley's age and probably alot younger. Does it make it right? No...does it happen? I would say yes.

Sociological: This is real simple...have ya seen how parents let their girls dress?

Evolutionary: Not 200 years ago it was considered normal in may places for a man of 30 to wed and begin sexual contact with a teenage girl. Now obviously things were different. We needed many children and needed to boost the popultion. Things have changed and frankly we don't need any more kids but that means that we've only had two hundreds years to try and change patterns.

Legal: The very fact that it is illegal and taboo garners interest for some guys looking to do something not typically accepted by society.

Entertainment: Of course we have many MANY example via Britney, Christina or Amanda Bynes. As one poster mentioned Miranda Cosgrove of iCarly is getting skimpier by the episode. My niece watches that insufferable show and I remember catching a glimpse of an episode where she had to participate in a UFC-style fight with another girl. The two weren't wearing terribly much during their 'match.'

Corporate: Look at the clothes retailers are making for our daughters. Go to Hot Topic or the Rave stores and see how you feel about your daughter wearing the materials on the rack.

Look the fact is it is in our face. The problem exists. I as a psychologist will do all I can to help combat the problem and help the victims of underage sexual abuse but I am realistic enough to know that I will not be able to solve it. Probably nobody ever will but why attack this poster when these problems exist? Of course some like to jump and slap the pedo tag on him. Maybe some will to me too but at least I know in reality it just ins't true. The guy was merely making a statement which does have some truth to it.

Pedophila and underage attraction is an ugly thing but (and please read this blurb...this is ONLY my opinion) if men were forced to be completely honest I think the answers would shock alot of people harshly.

Thanks folks and for those parets who deny their daughters the ability to dress in a horrific manner like alot of the United States, kudos to you and keep up the good fight.

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

was just having a conversation with a friend last week - about how slutty the girls are nowadays

she was going on and on about how outrageously under dressed and provocative they all are

I had to remind her about how much time we spent in our younger days running around in halter tops, tube tops and cut offs

oh, yeah - right :-)

the pole was just a prop, she's 17 now - and in showbiz. If you contrast this against everything else that's out there - and I mean everything - seems pretty harmless to me

[edit on 11/30/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

I had to remind her about how much time we spent in our younger days running around in halter tops, tube tops and cut offs

Pics or it didn't happen!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

got nothin'

:-)

guess it didn't happen - was just lying to get attention

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by staple

I see no difference other than the music, and the brainwashing that one athletic form is a classical sport and the other is for "sluts".

Pole dancers get my vote, they are athletes, if you have issue with the skimpy outfilts, splits and use of pole, you should also with gymnasts.
PLs don't call a girl who dances a slut, she's just working, like any other profession.

In gym, we make our little girls get all bendy, dress skimpy, and use poles (parallel but thats just a technicality) People have been conditioned to believe gym is a sport, but the actions are similar, one is just "made" acceptable by society.

Young girls

Male pole gymnast , is he a slut or a athlete?

[edit on 30-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

wow zazz - that was fast - all good

was looking at that first one in an earlier post - amazing

PLs don't call a girl who dances a slut, she's just working, like any other profession, however look at the men who pay to watch more than accusing women trying to make a buck of being something they are not (not that I care people can do what they want)

I've known a couple of dancers - they weren't sluts

it's a word I hate anyway - and one that seems to come more often than not out of the mouths of other women - I don't get that

or - maybe I do

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

That word.
I read it on the first or 2nd page, and I found it terribly upsetting. I find that kind of aggression, judgementalism (that a word?) and misunderstanding of people more upsetting than if I see a girl in a pair of knickers swinging on a pole.

BTW what was fast?

[edit on 30-11-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

you put that whole post together pretty fast - that would take me all day LOL!

yes - that word...and a few others - along with all the rest of the judging

and all directed at the girls - 'cause the boys never do nothin' slutty - do they?

:-)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I did? not sure how we gage what a fast post is?

I spent about a half hour reading this thread, you hadn't even posted yet when I started writing you dill, it wasnt fast at all , lol!

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I honestly care so little I nearly passed out. She can do whatever she wants to do. So what if it influences the rest of the idiots. The Adult Entertainment industry will have a surplus.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

here here!

Really isn't a big deal...I finally watched the whole video start to finish...that was pole dancing??? Not buying it

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join