Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What do you think about Miley Cyrus's pole dancing at the teen choice awards?

page: 2
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog
 

Whoa! Whoa, dude! Not a woman anymore? Tell me more. This is interesting. I always find your observances interesting, and well thought out. Enlighten me more, if you please. You caught my interest once again.




posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by calstorm

Well, I'm not sure that this is really an ATS topic. Unless you think its a conspiracy to turn all our young girls in to mindless sluts.


You know, I'm not a woman (any more)
but this kind of broad brush generalization really bothers me ...

First of all, some of the most intelligent and least promiscuous women I have ever met were dancers in clubs. What a person does is not who they are! And EVEN if they were "sluts" by YOUR definition, why exactly should they be in line with your or society's moral standards requirements. If everybody was themselves as opposed as to whom arbitrary others demand this world would be a much better place imho.

In fact, and sorry if this offends you, this very statement is more mindless that most have ever uttered.


Apologies for harshness, it is simply how I feel.

[edit on 28 Nov 2009 by schrodingers dog]
My post was made in anger and bitterness over being a woman trying to earn a little respect in this world. Woman like that have ruined things for the rest of us who expect to be treated like something more than a sex object. I am sorry my post bothered you but that is how I feel as a woman. No, you did not offend me for having your own opinion.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
Disney should cut her contract in half... Who does she think she is?


Really?

Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera were Mouseketeers once upon a time. Hannah Montana is just following in the cash cow footsteps of those that have gone before her. Personally, I'm amazed that there's actually people out there who didn't see this coming on the horizon. Disney is a factory for springboarding pop-tarts, and Miss Montana is nothing new; she's merely next in line.

*shrugs*

[edit on 11/28/09 by redmage]



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
I believe that this is part of a systematic plan to make teenage girls believe that it is acceptible to be a stripper. E.g.- MTV, Movies, CK Billboards, etc..
On the other hand, compared to the rest of the globe the puritanical USA is very modest, even by most european standards.
Thank you FCC.


And it's obviously not an accident that she's walking out of a trailer either.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I agree with Faiol, this is such a non-issue thread.

Some people have way too much time on their hands, and this kind of moronic, religion fuelled victorian england style phoney bullcrap morality idiocy needs to end.

She should have her contract cut in half eh? listen to yourself. Grow up. You should have your ATS posting priveledges revoked. Take this nonsesnse to some backward bible-bashing idiot forum where people still think its the 1950's and might actually give a rats patooey about your outrage at the presense of a pole.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
It was horrific! Only a Atheist would do such a thing, so her claims of being a devout Christian are bunk!


Stuff like this really annoys me. Didn't Jesus preach not being judgmental of others? If you're going to use a Christian approach, then you should at least adhere to Christianity's basic tenets. Maybe you didn't mean to come across this way, but it definitely seems to be a holier than thou attitude.

Back on topic, I don't think this should be getting too much attention. It's more like a scapegoat for all of society's problems than anything else. Raging on about this is like treating the symptoms of a disease instead of the cause.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
WHY IS THIS THREAD ALLOWED ON THIS WEBSITE

This is the biggest load of crap thread I have ever seen and am truly shocked someone would actually START this on here and think it was valid in ANY way to be on this site.

Go to the stoopid E channel or E website and discuss it with other morons.

ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS?

I've seen alot of people bitch about the quality of ATS dropping.. this solidified it in every way.

b



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
reply to post by schrodingers dog
 

Whoa! Whoa, dude! Not a woman anymore? Tell me more. This is interesting. I always find your observances interesting, and well thought out. Enlighten me more, if you please. You caught my interest once again.


I wuz kidding ... honestly!



Originally posted by calstorm
My post was made in anger and bitterness over being a woman trying to earn a little respect in this world. Woman like that have ruined things for the rest of us who expect to be treated like something more than a sex object. I am sorry my post bothered you but that is how I feel as a woman. No, you did not offend me for having your own opinion.


I appreciate and respect that ... as it is often said women are much harder on themselves and each other than anyone else.

I have just seen sooo many of my friends have to bear the burden of solitude simply because so many never took the time to see past their occupation or dress code. They have brought much into my life and so I get frustrated when peeps seemingly get discarded for such reasons.

[edit on 28 Nov 2009 by schrodingers dog]



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
retracted pointless talk

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian

Disney should cut her contract in half pole dancing is unnaceptable on a kids show. Who does she think she is?



My friend....

She is doing that because she is controlled by Disney. They brainwash kids and much worse. Look at Justin Timberlake and Brittney Spears for starters. Disney is not what you think it is....

...Of course, neither is anything else.....



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Who cares? Is this a conspiracy forum or some scandal sheet gossip column?
2nd line.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What do I think about it? I couldn't care less. And I'm also offended that this is even a topic here on ATS.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Btw, I should qualify my comments by pointing out that I don't have kids, never mind daughters ... so other than my personal experience with the later consequences of girls being judged in their formative years, I am mostly talking out of my bottom.

The thing is, I am shocked at some folks who seem unable or unwilling to understand the times ... if not for themselves, for the benefit of relating to their children. It's as if they are stuck in a Norman Rockwell painting and they won't hear any more about it.

To them I suggest, watch the movie Kids, if you can stomach it, and then tell me if what you see here on this thread is your greatest fear.

I don't know about the parents today any more!



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by korath
Who cares? Is this a conspiracy forum or some scandal sheet gossip column?
2nd line.


Precisely. This is white trash tabloid fodder. Why ATS stoops to this level is beyond me and its a shame quite frankly. Like most of Hollywood's junk, if people would simply disregard it, it would disappear. The fact that she dresses and acts like a 2 cent whore certainly ups the ante in some people minds I suppose.

brill

[edit on 28-11-2009 by brill]



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I saw the perfomance, and in no way, shape fashion or otherwise was any pole dancing going on. Yes, there was a pole. Yes Miley was dancing on top of an ice cream cart. But she absolutely did NOT do any kind of pole dancing. For those prudish souls aboard this thread who wish to think such nasty stuff about a 15 year old, you need to see a real pole dance, go ahead, youtube one, and fill your mind with images of what you consider to be sooooo wrong of a 15 yr old to do, and you are right, a 15 yr old should not pole dance, but, Miley did NOT do any kind of a pole dance.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I don't know about the parents today any more!


Hmmmm, "parents" you say?

Do you mean the sperm and egg donors?

I think I heard something about those once... something about parenting being a "lost art". To think these donors plopped their progeny in front of a TV, and didn't expect the producers to continue marketing to them through puberty and beyond is ludicrous. I guess that's why they call it a "lost art".

[edit on 11/28/09 by redmage]



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Why on Earth were you (any of you) watching the Teen Choice Awards anyway? Screening it or digging it?

[edit on 11/28/2009 by Phage]



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by calstorm

Well, I'm not sure that this is really an ATS topic. Unless you think its a conspiracy to turn all our young girls in to mindless sluts.


You know, I'm not a woman (any more)
but this kind of broad brush generalization really bothers me ...

First of all, some of the most intelligent and least promiscuous women I have ever met were dancers in clubs. What a person does is not who they are! And EVEN if they were "sluts" by YOUR definition, why exactly should they be in line with your or society's moral standards requirements. If everybody was themselves as opposed as to whom arbitrary others demand this world would be a much better place imho.

In fact, and sorry if this offends you, this very statement is more mindless that most have ever uttered.


Apologies for harshness, it is simply how I feel.

[edit on 28 Nov 2009 by schrodingers dog]


This so so true, but it seems like the majority of humanity has the mentality that they must satisfy these disgusting popular standards because they feel that they need this fake sense of attention, or belonging.

Being yourself, individual, unique is pure.

This is why being around public schools and areas makes me feel sick, seeing 80% of the kids/people trying to be something they're not....

Disgusting.



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Why on Earth were you (any of you) watching the Teen Choice Awards anyway?


Disclothesure?



posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
reply to post by schrodingers dog
 


look at miley and then look at her minions. they wear what she wears they do what she does. this is a rather disturbing trend that needs to end before its too late.


What happens when "too late" arrives? Will Miley and her brain washed, fembot slaves take over the World? You may be right, I think it's time to call in The Unit.









 
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join