It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious question should people with HIV be tattooed??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
After being diagnosed.

The main reason HIV is spread is though SEX, this is a fact.

The idea of abstinence is just not going to work, fact.

Condom use is good protection but people do not like using them, in most cases fact.

You can not tell if a person is HIV positive for at least 5 years after infection by looking at them, fact.

Many people living with HIV have unprotected SEX anyway and don’t tell the potential sexual partner, fact.

I am not suggestion that they be tattooed across there forehead. A small tattoo in any area that will be hidden even on the beach that will be seen prior too the sexual act will do nicely.

I have many answers but let’s see what people post on this subject first; I am calling for a first class discussion that I believe the law makes should be debating.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I thought this was about HIV people being allowed to get tatoos. This notion is crazy.

HIV isn't the "huge" problem we have nowadays and these people are treated like crap enough from simply having an immune difiency.

EDIT TO ADD: I just read the last line of your thread....YOU are crazy if you think we should tatoo people who have HIV. Gee, I guess we can sure pick out the jews after WWII huh?

Give me a break

~Keeper

[edit on 11/28/2009 by tothetenthpower]

[edit on 11/28/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Dear tothetenthpower

The question was not meant to be about the actual tattoo but more about the Human rights issue that would surround such a practice but thanks for your input.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Well it's obviously a HUGE human rights issue. You can't force people to have tattoos because of an affliction. There are much better ways of doing this.

You know a med alert bracelet or pendant, that sort of thing.

I dunno I apologize for being brash I just got a WW2 Germany-esque feeling from your post is all.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
First of all HIV is near impossible to transfer via tattoo. Just had to get that fact out of the way. The virus us tattoo studios worry about it hepatitus. It is the most easily transfered virus. We follow what are called "universal precautions in order to prevent the spread of blood borne pathogens.

As far as weather or not it is ok for you to get a tattoo. Yes. But you need to be in good health with no current immunity problems. It is best to consult your doctor and see what their take is on your specific case.

I am a tattoo artist of almost 14 years and own my own shop.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Kind of what like Hitler did to the Jews with the armbands?

[edit on 11/28/09 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
NO

Because HIV isn't even the cause of Aids anyway

You'd be Tattooing allot of people who will never get sick anyway

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Big fat no.

It's your responsibility who you have sex with. I didn't have unprotected sex with my wife (then girlfriend) until we had both been tested for any and all STD's.

Personal responsibility obviates the need to even consider this kind of 'gold star' nightmare.

Further, I'm an acupuncturist - in regular contact with needles and blood. I've spent time practicing in a special facility for HIV patients. And most of the time, in my regular setting, I have no idea who might have what. But this is a path I have chosen, and it's on me to be careful, use popper technique, and to deal with the hazards that come with the territory.

Just be safe!

[edit on 28-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Dear tothetenthpower

When I wrote the thread above it looked perfectly clear to me but I was wrong as I now see.

Yes the idea that people having been diagnosed with HIV should have a discreet tattoo that will only be visible before the SEX act to show there infection is what I would like too debate.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
HIV doesn't exist and not transmitted by sex, so if you think you should be tatooed, then you probably will be tatooed,

next year is the HIV year and everybody who gets swine vaccine will be submited to 'AIDS' patients, due to:

'acute immune deficiency syndrome'

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Dear LeaderOfProgress

When I wrote the thread above it looked perfectly clear to me but I was wrong as I now see.

No I am not worried about the tattooing process a further description is in an answer below.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Dear Fred

Yes this is true but such a tattoo should only be visible to a potential sex partner.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Dear mopusvindictus

I am glad I started this tread because of your comment.

It is become very obvious to me that the people who you would expect top have a good idea of the subject obviously do not.

HIV dose bring on AIDS I watch the dye every week. I work as a volunteer in an HIV/AIDS hospice.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

Dear angelx666

Sorry you are totally wrong please do see my other answers it may save your life.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

Ha! I just posted something about this a few hours ago in the Uganda thread.

Well, obviously, I'm all for a big fat yes on this one.

You see, people with a spreadable, permanent passable disease should be tattooed somewhere discrete so that it gives the rest of the populace a reference check. Yeah, doublecheck time, you got tyhe mark, you better wrap it before you tap it.

As I stated before, basically, they're a walking loaded gun and death sentence for anyone they contact within the method of transmission, and if they knowingly and willingly infect another person with it.. instant no questions asked bullet to the back of the head death sentence. period full stop.

Social situations aside, for medical workers as well. Check reference spot, ok, they have this and this, so watch for complications and symptoms.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

HIV doesn't exist and not transmitted by sex, so if you think you should be tatooed, then you probably will be tatooed,

next year is the HIV year and everybody who gets swine vaccine will be submited to 'AIDS' patients, due to:

'acute immune deficiency syndrome'

This is horribly, horribly wrong.

It very much does lead to AIDS. I have no idea where this myth sprouted, but I too have been working part time in an HIV/AIDS clinic, as I mentioned, and perhaps you should too. Go talk to the people who've suffered the progression from one to the other. Go talk to a hundred of them.

This a pernicious rumor, and I hope people have the good sense to choose science over myth.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
reply to post by MAC269

Ha! I just posted something about this a few hours ago in the Uganda thread.

Well, obviously, I'm all for a big fat yes on this one.

You see, people with a spreadable, permanent passable disease should be tattooed somewhere discrete so that it gives the rest of the populace a reference check. Yeah, doublecheck time, you got tyhe mark, you better wrap it before you tap it.

As I stated before, basically, they're a walking loaded gun and death sentence for anyone they contact within the method of transmission, and if they knowingly and willingly infect another person with it.. instant no questions asked bullet to the back of the head death sentence. period full stop.

Social situations aside, for medical workers as well. Check reference spot, ok, they have this and this, so watch for complications and symptoms.

So, you want THEM to be marked, so you don't have to be responsible for who who take home and boink?

That's some dark stuff there man. Very dark.

YOU are responsible for where you dip your carrot. No one else.

Period.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
reply to post by MAC269

You mean like a medical file? Or like...a Chart? Cause they have those already....

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

In the spirit of fairness, although I could not disagree more with that poster - medical workers don't always know the patient has HIV.

As anacupuncturist, outside of the HIV clinic, I basically never do.

It's just a hazard of life. But I respect privacy, and I accept the risk.

It's better this way.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Dear CoffinFeeder

Thank you for that you obviously have my point.

However I would argue about the certain death sentence as these days it is perfectly possible to live with HIV for a long time which is part of the reason for the tattooing process that I have brought up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join