It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A serious question should people with HIV be tattooed??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Dear ldyserenity

The USA is not the world it has 300,000,000 against nearly 7 billion. What is true for you is not for the rest.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

And how do you know they are an every day occurence? Do the sufferers of AIDS tell you about their sexual exploits, do you have medical proof to back up your claims?

How can you compare SARS to AIDS? One is transmitted via bodily fluid and the other is through the air....thats a pretty poor comparison.

And again, its not about where the tatoo is, its about forcing people to suffer the humiliation of having to go and get it. You dont seem to understand, but I wouldnt expect you to as your ignorance has been proven within the posts in this thread.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If we want to be REALLY safe, why don't we just take everyone's blood, create a massive DNA database, implant everyone with microchips, and allow public access to all of our communications?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

Dear TrueTruth

You are thinking USA I am thinking world and where I am people have been rightly imprisoned for deliberately spreading the disease.

If imprisonment ie, quarantine is legally right for SARS what if not my suggestion is right for HIV??

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear TrueTruth

You are thinking USA I am thinking world and where I am people have been rightly imprisoned for deliberately spreading the disease.

If imprisonment ie, quarantine is legally right for SARS what if not my suggestion is right for HIV??

Because with SARS, self restraint isn't enough, due to how it is spread. And with SARS, it's brief. With HIV, it's forever.

Big differences.

How about a REVERSE mark system? Rewards/Badges for people who are regularly tested? Some kind of certificate proving their HIV free status? That, of course, and some cashola.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Dear UmbraSumus

No I am not unnerved at all in my work as I am totally aware of the dangers and how to avoid them.

Unless someone can come up with a better idea the Tattoo would be mandatory and the younger the better. To stop the spread.

Please give me a better idea that is well though out to work.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by UmbraSumus

Dear UmbraSumus

No I am not unnerved at all in my work as I am totally aware of the dangers and how to avoid them.

Unless someone can come up with a better idea the Tattoo would be mandatory and the younger the better. To stop the spread.

Please give me a better idea that is well though out to work.

How about promoting safe sex and handing out free condoms etc, to help people avoid the risk?

Bet you didnt think about something like that, again you seem to think its ok to discriminate against people who you dont consider normal

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Dear OzWeatherman

You know if I did know better I would think that you didn’t like me.

However this subject is far too important for me to worry about being liked or not.

If you had SARS they would look you away until you are no longer infectious correct??

I am not suggesting that this should be done to people who are living in most cases through no fault of there own.

However to protect the population as a whole how would you go about it???

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Dear TrueTruth

What you are suggesting here is far more intrusive than my idea.

With my suggestion only potential SEX partners would ever know.

You are also just thinking USA again.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I dont know, you so how can I not like you....the problem I have is your opinion on this matter.

SARS and AIDS are completely different. While SARS people can be isolated until the virus passes, AIDS is for life.....if you want to compare that, its like isolating these people for the rest of their life, which is comparable to Hitlers policy on the Jews.

I explained in the post above how I think the issue could be more appropriately approached

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Dear TrueTruth

At least you are doing some good thinking.

The certificate for everyone that is not affected one would not work, it would be forged good black market there.

Two it is 90 days before your infection will show on a blood test. Cheap version ie, most of the world. So any certificate would at best only prove you were negative 90 days ago. A lot can happen in 90 days.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Why stop at aids? Perhaps people should have temporary markers or tattoos when they have the flu. Since approximately 250,000 to 500,000 people die globally a year from the flu or from it's complications. A large X on their front doors and vehicles might be beneficial also.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Dear TrueTruth

What you are suggesting here is far more intrusive than my idea.

With my suggestion only potential SEX partners would ever know.

You are also just thinking USA again.

I'm not talking about anything mandatory. Just an incentive to get a 'clean bill of health', that people may choose or not choose.

Why wouldn't it translate to other countries? And which one are you in?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Dear TrueTruth

At least you are doing some good thinking.

The certificate for everyone that is not affected one would not work, it would be forged good black market there.

Two it is 90 days before your infection will show on a blood test. Cheap version ie, most of the world. So any certificate would at best only prove you were negative 90 days ago. A lot can happen in 90 days.

Of course. But it's something, and beats nothing. In terms of a black market, that's a hard one to battle. But does the possibility of forgery of documents mean that we should abandon all attempts to use any at all, for any purpose?

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by CoffinFeeder

Dear CoffinFeeder

Thank you for that you obviously have my point.

However I would argue about the certain death sentence as these days it is perfectly possible to live with HIV for a long time which is part of the reason for the tattooing process that I have brought up.

no doubt about that, One of my good friends and best clients has kept his levels so low that they have to bring out the 'real' hiv text, not the initial up front one they normally give people. Now, he takes scrupulously good care of himself, exercises, etc and so on.

Mind you, most people do not. Others, live on expensive cocktails of drugs and chemicals and still die, all while draining the system, and that's just here in the states. Now, what about africa? They don't have the level of care we do in many places so they're stuck in a lingering death for a goo dlong while. ho wmuch could have been prevented?

link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Dear OzWeatherman

I know you don’t like me and think I am the next Hitler but do please read the thread.

On the 1st of December there will be a big do here for AIDS day as always and I have no doubt that condoms will be given away. More will be used as balloons than for the purpose intended.

This has been done world wide since the beginning and it dose not work.

link   
reply to post by MAC269

I'll say it again.

IF YOU GET HIV FROM UNPROTECTED SEX, YOU HAVE NO ONE TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take some responsibilty people. Jeez.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Dear Kaploink

Thanks for that I had to smile.

Now try being helpful.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
How about promoting safe sex and handing out free condoms etc, to help people avoid the risk?

Bet you didnt think about something like that, again you seem to think its ok to discriminate against people who you dont consider normal

hmm, haven't we been doing that for years, pretty much world wide? hasn't done a thing really, has it? worked for a little while then there's been a world wide backlash really after people realized.. condoms really suck, and there's all kinds of new things to worry about.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

You can stop with the whole U.S.A thing. The ideas people are throwing out on this thread can be use in other areas in the world and not just the U.S. Your tattoo idea is insane. If this idea was to take off, then it would be like World War II all over again. A group of people shouldn't be singled out just because they have Aids or any other disease.

I can't believe that you had the nerve to bring up such a foolish idea.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join