It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

User Generated Content. Where Is It? A Call To The Membership

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Now everything we see on ATS is user generated, we all know that much, however I have seen a sharp decline in the ammount of actual stories and related conspiracy discussion in the past few months.

Now we've had a few very outstanding members leave ATS for various reasons, and it's left us a little dry.

What were you expecting to happen? ATS is a business. It has had sharp member decreases before and if it continues to run like it currently does then it will rebuild its membership and then do something to cause another sharp member decrease.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of older members? Isn't strange the new members out number the old members? Is it because of poor UGC? Or is their another reason?

As for starting new threads, I for one, will continue to lurk from now on. After being ignored about adjusting some of my very own UGC I have decided to sit back and see what others have to contribute.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Now everything we see on ATS is user generated, we all know that much, however I have seen a sharp decline in the ammount of actual stories and related conspiracy discussion in the past few months.

Now we've had a few very outstanding members leave ATS for various reasons, and it's left us a little dry.

I've been trying my best to "step up" and provide more thread and read more information, but it is up to ALL of us to make an effort to keep ATS as diverse and progressive as possible.

So my fellow ATS'ers, even if you aren't sombody who posts a lot of threads, or haven't done it at all, a good time to start would be now.

Thread making is relatively easy, some get more responses than other, but that all comes with time.

Myself have about 300 threads started as you all have seen if you've visited my profile sometimes I get to responses and no flags, but at least the content is there to for research if the need be.

It's up to ALL OF US to make ATS a great place, we are all contributing members, even if you are just here browsing and reading.

So, please folks...

TAKE THE PLUNGE!

Edit to add: Even if you are a new member, who perhaps feels a little "threatened" by some of the more established members and their threads, please REACH OUT to them, most of them are glad to help with any of your questions regarding Thread creation.

Ive seen new members who started in September who have more flags than I do, so it's not something to be worried about. It's all about the issues and the presentation, not who is presenting it.

~Keeper

[edit on 11/28/2009 by tothetenthpower]

I think this is a goodthread and topic worth discussing so if you all don't mind, I'm going to bump it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by miss_silver

What were you expecting to happen? ATS is a business. It has had sharp member decreases before and if it continues to run like it currently does then it will rebuild its membership and then do something to cause another sharp member decrease.

Has anyone else noticed the lack of older members? Isn't strange the new members out number the old members? Is it because of poor UGC? Or is their another reason?

As for starting new threads, I for one, will continue to lurk from now on. After being ignored about adjusting some of my very own UGC I have decided to sit back and see what others have to contribute.

Membership at ATS is at an all time high actually, we get a ton of new members every month, the membership is not the problem. The quality of the membership is.

Wait, scratch that, that's not even the point either. It's the fact that so mnay here don't contribute because they feel it's not worth it, or they don't get enough attention from staff or other members.

ATS for me, is about presenting and discussing information that you find NOWHERE else on the net. At least not in this well moderated and respectfull setting.

All I wanted was to give the message to our members, young and old, that's it's ok to come out of the woodwork again. We can't fix it if we don't try now can we?

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

What a true and lovely sentiment this is. You should get an applause for this, and I can't even give you a star. (Where are we?) lol.

But I'm glad that somebody stated the obvious. It needed to be said and I am glad it was you. You say it well.

I know the reasons several people are MIA, and they will be returning, just life's occupations have kept them away. But the others, the majority of our AWOL, I don't know. Mass exodus. Poof. (I actually made a list of people who were banned in the last couple of months, and it is stunning.)

Anyway, good thoughts; good thread

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

and I will admit there are threads which get more attention that shouln't, but that's simply because we have created that environment for ourselves
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Most defenitely have you seen the posts on the 4 cops killed in Wash, where do these people come from..

[edit on 30-11-2009 by femmefreud]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join