It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it mean if you keep having dreams of psychokinetic powers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What does it mean if you keep having dreams of psychokinetic powers? I keep having them and they seem so real. I even wake up within them, thinking that I'm awake, and testing to see if my powers are still there, and they are, only I'm still in the dream but think I'm already awake!

Yet they are so vivid! What do you think they mean?

Also, I often have lucid dreams but I can barely control them. I can manage to fly and float around in them but all I see are random places and images.

How can you turn a lucid dream into an OBE or astral projection? And how do you know the difference?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

This is really cool. I wish I had dreams where I had psychokinetic powers. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you it's probably nothing but at the same time I'd be tempted to try to use them outside the dream world as well. I doubt it's any OBE or some other out of this world thing, likely just some weird dreams (as dreams do tend to be weird)... I wouldn't know how to astral project, I kinda don't believe in any of that stuff, though I don't rule it out entirely there just isn't any evidence for it...

So if you do develop these powers outside the dream world let us know but until then I wouldn't worry about it...

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
What does it mean if you keep having dreams of psychokinetic powers? I keep having them and they seem so real. I even wake up within them, thinking that I'm awake, and testing to see if my powers are still there, and they are, only I'm still in the dream but think I'm already awake!

Also, I often have lucid dreams but I can barely control them. I can manage to fly and float around in them but all I see are random places and images.

How can you turn a lucid dream into an OBE or astral projection? And how do you know the difference?

Thanks.

Well, really what you see and experience are directly related to how expanded your mind is. It is said that most people only use 10% of their brains (actually it is overall capacity at 10% of the brains total), but just imagine the potential were someone to expand their total brain power to 20, 30, or 80%?

This is the same concept. Practice, remember to not panic, you hold the keys, you are standing at the doorway to the dreaming itself. As well as try mental exercises to expand your mind so to be able to better live your life.

It makes finding your car keys a snap! Also, the more energy you have, the healthier, more intelligent, and more capable of responding to change in society and life in general.

I've seen some pretty crazy things when I sleep, just remember your imagination is your first and last defense against whatever you may find.

The mind is the ultimate technology, use it to better your life and the lives of others. You control your reality, and Freddy Kreuger is just not as scary in a pink tutu with daisies growing out his nostrils.

If you have enough experience at this point you'll know what I mean. Think of those pictures that don't make any sense as your "antenna" is not powered enough to catch the signal, retain the signal, prevent decaying of the signal, much less to actually project an image that you can tell what it is.

Don't force it.

"Where you are is real and where you are not is unreal",

"It is not whether or not something is real, but how you react to it that counts".

These are two quotes from people that I can't confirm the reality of, most likely never will. But, what I was told will help you get over what most people will never understand or transcend.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm not being facetious, but it's more than likely means your just having dreams of flying around and having special powers as in wish fullfillment type dreams. I have had dreams like that too. Probably not unusual for people who delve into subject matter as on this site on a constant basis.

You can ask yourself what is going on in your life? Are you seeking escape from a bad situation and are these dreams manifesting themselves as such to tell yourself something? These may be questions to ponder.

Of course there may be another theory, perhaps you are tapping into something that is trying give you a messeage through your dreams?

Enjoy them if they are pleasant.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ive had 3 of them before as well, and they were much like how you were explaining it. Heh, I was shooting electricity out of my hands, and i remember seeing the color and it was so intense. But I was 13 and I really liked star wars....

Originally posted by The Alfer
Of course there may be another theory, perhaps you are tapping into something that is trying give you a messeage through your dreams?

My last dream i had like that was in thailand, and sittin in my bed moving stuff around. Later that morning I asked my thai roommate about dreams, and she took me to a person who could tell the meaning of dreams and moles on the body and all that other good stuff, and apparently it means hidden potential. Not necessarily telekenetic potential but potential.

I was also having dreams of losing my hair, hair getting cut off, and according to them it means im gonna lose a family member or lose power... Some Asian culture is quite in touch with the spirits and meanings of things.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by scorps]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I had a very vivid dream recently, that I was just released from prison, but I was totally lost. I was in an area I'd never heard of, or seen before, and I couldn't use the phone for some reason. All I had were the friends I made in prison that came out with me.

In the dream, I decided to run once I got out, just for the thrill of being free. I decided to jump off a seven-storey floor, somehow knowing I'd be fine. As I jumped over the railing, I felt like I activated something dormant in me, since it felt like a 7th sense, and I was able to fly. I practiced in my dream, and slowly managed to progress from being able to simply slow my fall and levitate, to eventually being able to fly at a decent speed. I then progressed into focusing that mental energy into wherever I wanted it to go, which would cause a decent amount of damage. For example, I could "throw" the energy at objects, and it'd smash a fist-sized-hole in the wall. I couldn't see the energy though.

Essentially, that dream was me discovering a dormant ability every human "has", and then my prison friends using it to their own evil needs, progressing too fast for me to stop them.

Still, I have a lot of dreams about flying, and things like that. I'm pretty sure it's just because I want more from life and mess up a lot :-P. If nothing else, it just makes for an awesome dream!

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Alesanjin]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My dreams for the last several years have involved Levitation. I think Levitation does relate to psychokinetic powers in a sense because I am always able to lift up off the ground using my mind, and steer/direct my body where I want to go. It feels very real at the time, and I am often convincing myself that "this is real, how am I doing this?"

I am not sure if I am doing this through astral projection or what, but it is a strange feeling. I used to be very fascinated by Magical Levitation a few years back, so maybe it stems from that. It's strange that I still dream about this stuff until this day.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Heres something, apparently this is the meaning of having a telekinetic dream..

Telekinesis

To dream that you are telekinetic, represents a higher level of awareness and consciousness. You are not utilizing your full potential and need to start putting your stored energy levels and mental abilities to use. In other words, your dream may imply that you need to put your thoughts into action. For some, dreams of telekinetic powers may indicate your latent paranormal abilities.

www.dreammoods.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

In the name of truth, just wanted to mention that in fact, we use our entire brain. The 10% thing is a myth, based on what, I know not.

www.snopes.com...

Interestingly, I learned earlier this year that the 'frog in a boiling pot' thing is also a myth. They'll hop right out when it starts to get hot. Kind of a cruel experiment, no?

[edit on 27-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Awesome.

I dream occasionally of having psychokinetic abilities. One time, there was a man's voice demanding I push my abilities further. The results were impressive, for as brief a dream it was.

Other times, I dream of zombies.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ive had dreams where I have all sorts of powers, sort of a hybrid between the kids of "The Covenant" and "Dragonball Z" lord know what that might mean.

Personally I think dreams are a window through to another dimension, so who knows maybe some other you, or me has all sorts of wicked powers.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Sometimes I am able to fly around and occasionally teleport. During the dream (and after I wake up) I think i'm actually able to do it in real life. And then i get sad because i'm unable to do it, yet

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it. I've had dreams for many years with many powers that are only now in the last several years making it into movies. I think it had something to do with lucid dreaming and being able to control your dreams at times and then your brain thinks those powers are normal so then you can have normal dreams except with powers. Some of my dreams at times got really weird. One time I could have sworn something woke me up. I looked outside my bedroom window and I wasn't in the US anymore. The sun was glowing red. I couldn't take my eyes off the surrounding. Instead of looking out my bedroom window, I was about 2 or 3 stories up with some brick buildings but the plant life in the distance was alien looking, very strange. Then there was a weird creature eating some of the plants. I never recalled seeing anything so strange. I just knew I couldn't be awake. I lied back down and woke up later and everything was normal.

Another time I was observing two alien species in space with large space fleets battling each other. Apparently one species could see me. They attacked me. After they ticked me off, I blew up all their spaceships in all their star systems with a mere thought. The other species was celebrating. I was still angry. I went back in time and wiped the other species out of existence. Afterwards, the other species never even knew I existed since they never developed large space fleets to battle the other species.

Flying around or levitating is no big deal when it comes to dreams in my opinion. When other objects in your dreams start levitating up out of the ocean, that does make me wonder what in the world am I dreaming about? In the same dream I was following a helicopter at one time that was trying to evade me. I wasn't in any flying craft myself.

At times my dreams seem to get really weird. Communicating telepathically with an alien species but I'm semi-conscious so I can remember it, telepathically communicating with an advanced AI form of life in the distant future talking about the characteristics of humans or some other stuff, or waking up thinking I'm really awake but I'm on a different planet. I even had the idea (I probably dreamed it up or read it somewhere on the internet) that a few people's minds here on Earth may be used in some large galaxy wide telepathic hub used mainly for telepathic communication between alien species. I have lots of weird dreams but I only remember a small fraction.

I remember a few dreams where I would walk into a bar and do a parlor trick. I would hold out the palm of my hand and say watch this. Above the palm of my hand, you would see a very bright nuclear blast and mushroom cloud rising up several inches above my palm. It even had a loud blast effect. I had complete control, no blinding light, no radiation, no deafening sound blasts. I could do that as a little trick and the dream seemed as real as any other.

Someone once told me that if you know you are lucid dreaming, you may be able to concentrate and clear everything away in the dream that your mind has created. Then you may be able to find something called the akashic records that can answer about any question or tell you about your life and what you need to know. I haven't tried this yet to my knowledge even though I did have one dream where I was one with everything in the universe. I was extremely powerful in that dream and somehow didn't quite feel human anymore.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by orionthehunter]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777

Thanks.

Same Here!! I always seem to have a six sense. Like for instance I can control what I'm doing in my dream and feel like I'm trying to warn my self. It's confusing, Maybe A website that has a dream dictionary can help me.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It was my dreams of telekinetic abilities that pushed me into exploring psychic abilities in general, and also start practicing Psionics.

I didn't know what to make of these these dreams. They weren't visually vivid, however, whenever I moved something in them I could feel it in my brain. It felt like my head was just barely containing an electrical storm. Often times, I'd wake up because of this feeling and it would linger on for, sometimes, another 10 minutes after I woke up.

So basically, for me, these dreams opened me up to an entirely new world. Could mean something different for you though.

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I've had these dreams nearly all my life (probably had hundreds of them by now). It's gotten to the point that for years now as soon as I use any of the psychokinetic powers in the dream I start to realize I'm dreaming and am disappointed it isn't real. I've been trying to do it when I'm awake for 25 years now, and I still can't.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I've had short dreams about telekinesis. It felt like the most natural thing in the world... and then I woke up! :x

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

I think it's a dream of "wanting" so badly to have those powers that your brain is fooling you into believing that you have them...

Desire is a powerful thing.

I think everyone has wanted to be able to move things around with their mind, even if they are small objects. The ability to do that, would be stupefying.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I've also thought this would be so cool that I'd started contemplating a way to make it possible using technology. Technopsionics would be the ability to control your environment through computers, and electrical technology, as well as cybernetically....

Because I doubt our minds will ever be able to generate enough electrochemical reactions to manipulate objects far from our apendiages...

Without some technomechanical aid...

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrath5639
Ive had dreams where I have all sorts of powers, sort of a hybrid between the kids of "The Covenant" and "Dragonball Z" lord know what that might mean.

Personally I think dreams are a window through to another dimension, so who knows maybe some other you, or me has all sorts of wicked powers.

I'd like to switch realities now please... then.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join