It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Mabs1982
Great post Summerday
The questions i would like to ask or for advice are:-
1) Do you have any methods of relaxation? I own a small business and have a little girl so making time to listen to my soul has been hard of late. I could do with some advise to see if i can drown out my thoughts and meditate without me trying to force it.
2) Have you come across any starseeds? I fit the description to perfection and it explains alot of issues i have or had in my life, but talk about being confused. I know what i want but i don't, if you know what i mean? It hasn't been explained to me yet by my guides but do u have any experience with this?
Originally posted by Zsaqulz78th
reply to post by Zerra
She mentioned that she was created by god and was a creationist, that's why I said she can't grasp the big bang or evolution.
I don't think a creationist should be answering any questions, or you know what the obvious answer to most of the questions will be.
Originally posted by light_circle
Hi all, thank you for starting this topic summerday.
1. Magic, visions, auras
2. How is order and chaos integrated into our reality?
3. With information comes responsibility, are there karmic consequences of knowing and not acting?
1. I am starting to see auras and lights around myself and others now. The other day I had an intense visualization of lights surrounding my body. when this happened i had something of a rememberance of when magic used to be more accessible. The feeling was awesome and uplifting, although I do not want to pursue it because I feel that I have already played with enough fire, so to speak. I would like to get to know magic more, but I feel it is not my duty here now.
2. My mind is often in a state of chaos. It is preoccupied with "survival" in this current world. I often ask myself, "How should I act?" "What should I say in this social situation?" like and endless cycle of planning for the future. The more I think about how I should act, the harder acting becomes. The more I focus on petty niceties, more I find myself in awkward situations, as if I am creating the situations with my intention.
Though by making mistakes I have learned from them. I have found out that immersing myself in an ordered system has a very positive feeling. Whatever the system may be (last night it was bottling mead with a friend), it involves surrenduring my freewill and my individuality toward a higher purpose, something outside of me. I admit, I do feel kind of like a robot when i do this, but it feels good.
3. I feel as if I have a fairly decent map of "my reality." This includes my mission here on earth right now. Though, by knowing and not acting, I feel the karmic effects. Sitting alone in my room, listening to music all day while getting high is NOT what I am supposed to be doing. now that I know this, I feel the karmic effects much more so now than I ever did before..
The more I immerse myself in society, the wider my perspective is. If I do not immerse myself in society, my perspective does not widen, but actually gets more deranged and chaotic. I view the world through preconceptions based on my past experiences, which is a very limited perspective.
Originally posted by Zerra
Anywho, Summer-What sort of spiritual programs have you been involved with, who were your teachers?
Originally posted by georgejetson
Originally posted by Summerday
A great spiritual teacher once said: "God is making the greatest sacrifice. He has to be in constant activity because if he paused for just one moment the whole of creation would fall apart". I think that is a thought worth contemplating on.
I think I'll make my god smart enough to create an autonomous universe, capable of running itself without need for him/her to micro-manage every interaction at a sub-atomic level. That's a lot of micro-managing.
Originally posted by Cedik
My questions are:
Why are we here?
What is the point of life?
striving to overcome the obstacles and resistance in a world like this probably offers the greatest possible opportunity for development. Someone who has would be really strong and able to take on anything, having learnt to know evil from within, if you understand what I mean.