It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Questions Welcome

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Come back to me OP.

Where have got to. I have to say im a bit annoyed that i won't be getting many answers here.

(shrug) Suppose i gotta i gotta wait a bit longer.

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mabs1982
Great post Summerday

The questions i would like to ask or for advice are:-

1) Do you have any methods of relaxation? I own a small business and have a little girl so making time to listen to my soul has been hard of late. I could do with some advise to see if i can drown out my thoughts and meditate without me trying to force it.

2) Have you come across any starseeds? I fit the description to perfection and it explains alot of issues i have or had in my life, but talk about being confused. I know what i want but i don't, if you know what i mean? It hasn't been explained to me yet by my guides but do u have any experience with this?

Thanks

Mab

Maybe I can fill in a little while the OP is away?

1. Instead of learning to drown out the thoughts you may find it easier to focus on what you intend. Each time you find the mind drifting bring it back to the point you were at. Within 30 days you will have established a new behaviour that replaces the older thoughts running the show type.

You could use simplified methods for meditations, so try Here where you will find them explained in an easy to understand way.

And, time for meditation must be made or found, especially with a small child around. So, in the shower, on the toilet, etc, are all perfect times to meditate.. take advantage of that time.

There are meditative methods you can use while working, parenting, walking and shopping, which you will find on the linked to site also called the White Light Method.... not the usual new-agey white lighting the outside thing.

2. Okay, this will sound a bit way out... we are all what is called starseeds. All of us have had experience in other alien races before choosing human experience here.... so the new-agey concept doesn't quite match up with the reality.

It's also not unusual for people to know and desire to be their highest spiritual form here in this world and at the same time desire to not be so very different and be able to fit in more to find acceptance. This is a duality played out within many people today. All you can do is make your own choices based on what feels right for you, and, to not self-doubt as that drains energy from you.

Right now those waking up or already awake are meant to be working on self-reliance, creating their communities by connecting with those others who resonate with you. To do this we also need to not be effected by the things going on around us in daily life... observe yet not be swayed by any of it so that we have the clarity to know what we can do and what we must allow to happen.

Is that any help?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Tayesin

Thank you very much for you advice. If it is ok i will divulge my situation in my first post. I would like it very much if you could share ur insight with me and instead of writing you a long post i will make my own, and see how we go

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sorry about this everyone, but it seems like my account was terminated for some reason (I guess for breaking some rule I wasn't aware of). I apologize to the mods, and ask that I can make up for it by answering the rest of my questions. I might not feel the need to post any more on the board, but would like to be able to answer more of my questions for this thread as it might be helpful for some, and I don't want to leave it hanging. So I'll just go ahead and answer some more questions, but if you feel I shouldn't be allowed to post that will also be fine, as I wanted to do this more as a favour than out of personal interest (believe it or not).

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Okay, I'm just getting around to looking at more of your questions. Though I'm thinking I might not have the time to answer them all, so I'm just going to answer the one I can, or think I have something to say about, until I feel I have brought most of what I have to share out there. So please don't feel offended if I never get around to your question, then maybe someone else can. I just feel I have too much knowledge that could be useful to others not to share it, and that's why I started this thread (no, it is not that easy to just "write a book", and no longer such a good idea these days when hardly anyone reads books).

And I also want to stress again that I did NOT open this thread because I see myself as especially chosen or particularly spiritually gifted (though I know people are just going to keep using this argument). Not at all, it just so happens I now have a lot of experience and knowledge in this field that I feel could be of value to share with others. It's like, if you have spent 10 years of your life doing body building you probably feel you have something to teach beginners and intermediate workers in the field, right? Well, there's really no diffierence. "Spirituality" isn't like this holy and miraculous occupation that only a few chosen are fit for. Quite the contrary, it's an area everyone can make achievements in, and with time comes knowledge and experience, just like with everything else. There is nothing that I have achieved that I don't see the majority of people capable of achieving. That is also what I want to get across, and try to demystify some of this aura surrounding spirituality and those who work in it.

Also, to whoever said, I spend too much time repeating spirit/spirituality, etc. this is mostly due to the limitations of the human vocabulary. There are really no good synonyms for it, at least not that most people can relate to. I'm not really too keen on the term myself, and often it's also a misnomer, and it tends to be used to describe everything that doesn't belong in the material world, when really the world "non-physical" would be more suitable, as the word "spiritual" to me only applies to things that exist below a certain level of consciousness, or those that are higher than the average human level. Often it's also just used to describe anything that can help in the improvement and advancement of consciousness, without necessarily being "of the spirit" itself. But at the same time, this isn't really where there the focus should be, and it's more important what you're trying to put across.

P.S. I thought this board was for "vague matters" that can't be proved. Maybe it should be in Metaphysical instead? Sorry if this was a mispost, just not that familiar with the board yet, no disrespect intended.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zsaqulz78th
reply to post by Zerra

She mentioned that she was created by god and was a creationist, that's why I said she can't grasp the big bang or evolution.

I don't think a creationist should be answering any questions, or you know what the obvious answer to most of the questions will be.

I'm not a "Creationist", the closest thing would be to say I'm an "Emanationist".

(en.wikipedia.org...)

That's the most intelligent system I've come across so far. I don't really get this whole deal about Evolutionism versus Creationism. They both obviously have a lot missing to them.

Any thoughts you have to share on this? Maybe it will help to expand your mind.

And thank you for your insults, but I am able to "grasp the big bang or evolution". LOL. That is really getting down to basics. Please be civil, and don't just assume the worst without proof. I never mentioned the word "Creationism".

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ok, there just seemed to be some log-in problems to my account.

Originally posted by light_circle
Hi all, thank you for starting this topic summerday.

1. Magic, visions, auras
2. How is order and chaos integrated into our reality?
3. With information comes responsibility, are there karmic consequences of knowing and not acting?

1. I am starting to see auras and lights around myself and others now. The other day I had an intense visualization of lights surrounding my body. when this happened i had something of a rememberance of when magic used to be more accessible. The feeling was awesome and uplifting, although I do not want to pursue it because I feel that I have already played with enough fire, so to speak. I would like to get to know magic more, but I feel it is not my duty here now.

I would classify this more as a "psychic" than "magical" phenomenon. It's a sign of awakening psychic abilities, but whether it's good or not I guess depends on what you see and how you handle it. If you only "see" positive things that are helpful it might be something you want to work with, but some can also find they open themselves for negative or harmful influences, so you should see how it turns out. It takes a certain psychological strength to handle being a psychic, I believe.

2. My mind is often in a state of chaos. It is preoccupied with "survival" in this current world. I often ask myself, "How should I act?" "What should I say in this social situation?" like and endless cycle of planning for the future. The more I think about how I should act, the harder acting becomes. The more I focus on petty niceties, more I find myself in awkward situations, as if I am creating the situations with my intention.

Though by making mistakes I have learned from them. I have found out that immersing myself in an ordered system has a very positive feeling. Whatever the system may be (last night it was bottling mead with a friend), it involves surrenduring my freewill and my individuality toward a higher purpose, something outside of me. I admit, I do feel kind of like a robot when i do this, but it feels good.

Yes, that is a very good way of looking at it. It's a way of becoming less self-orientated and learning to remove focus from yourself, which is a great thing for most. Submitting yourself to order is also a way of becoming less selfish, yes, I have never thought of it like that. I guess there is always the conflict between the animal need for freedom and the spiritual need for self-dicipline and order. Of course, the urge for freedom can become very strong, but sometimes you have to ask yourself "Be free to do what?".

3. I feel as if I have a fairly decent map of "my reality." This includes my mission here on earth right now. Though, by knowing and not acting, I feel the karmic effects. Sitting alone in my room, listening to music all day while getting high is NOT what I am supposed to be doing. now that I know this, I feel the karmic effects much more so now than I ever did before..

I also believe there comes a greater karmic responsibility with awareness, as far as I understand how karma works.

The more I immerse myself in society, the wider my perspective is. If I do not immerse myself in society, my perspective does not widen, but actually gets more deranged and chaotic. I view the world through preconceptions based on my past experiences, which is a very limited perspective.

Yes, this is also a way of expanding your consciousness and getting it to include more than yourself. The smaller your consciousness is, the less things other than yourself will affect you and matter to you. A great consciousness includes all.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by Summerday]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerra

Anywho, Summer-What sort of spiritual programs have you been involved with, who were your teachers?

I guess my main background would be within Theosophy and the Bulgarian Masters. Theosophy, of course, is a huge field with many, many writers (some better than others) and the basis which most "modern spirituality" is a more simplified version of. But I think this is still the best intellectual or more scientific system that we have of spirituality, and is also one of the main idea system that underlie what is taught in "secret societies" or "mystical orders". I also like Neoplatonism (especially Plotinus) and Esoteric Christianity, which is closer to Gnosticism and very different from "normal" Christianity. Some Pagan ideas are also fine, but not my preference, for different reasons.

Going to these sources should give you answers to many of your questions. Unlike some, I feel that spiritual studies is of great value for spiritual growth, because there is a limit to how much can come "from within", especially to start with. It's always better to discover the answers for yourself, and getting a sound ideological basis will help to give you much more faith and confidence in your spiritual worldview. I can't imagine I would have gotten very far in my development without the great teachers of humanity to teach me.

Though my favourite spiritual work by far is "The Wellspring of Good", a collection of speeches given by the Master Peter Deunov. To me this is the ultimate spiritual bible and gives me a great influx of inspiration whenever I read it. There is so much power, beauty, and hope in his words, it's truly uplifting and something I think everyone should read, but unfortunately his teachings have been very suppressed.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by georgejetson

Originally posted by Summerday
A great spiritual teacher once said: "God is making the greatest sacrifice. He has to be in constant activity because if he paused for just one moment the whole of creation would fall apart". I think that is a thought worth contemplating on.

I think I'll make my god smart enough to create an autonomous universe, capable of running itself without need for him/her to micro-manage every interaction at a sub-atomic level. That's a lot of micro-managing.

I think the idea is that God provides the raw energy and substance of Creation while there are lesser intelligences in the spiritual hierarchy creating and managing things for him (at his directions). i.e. if he stopped providing this energy it would all fall apart.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cedik
My questions are:

Why are we here?

What is the point of life?

Umm...the answer to that would be "to expand the Creator" and for the development of our own consciousness...or I believe.

I wish I could say it's also to enjoy life, but that seems to be more of a secondary purpose, at least in this world. On the other hand, striving to overcome the obstacles and resistance in a world like this probably offers the greatest possible opportunity for development. Someone who has would be really strong and able to take on anything, having learnt to know evil from within, if you understand what I mean.

But I believe that in our souls we only really care about God and are prepared to make any sacrifice for Him (the love we have for each other is not much in comparison).

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Summerday

Interesting idea, 'expanding the creator'. Please elaborate.

Developing consciousness is very important, imho. I think also we all have difficulties we have to overcome when talking about our personalities.

striving to overcome the obstacles and resistance in a world like this probably offers the greatest possible opportunity for development. Someone who has would be really strong and able to take on anything, having learnt to know evil from within, if you understand what I mean.

This seems to mean that you are talking up the importance of tackling the world and yes, you can learn alot from the world. Though, as you know, it can also harm you irreparably. i think that it depends on what stage you are at as to the levels of interaction you require with any entity. Hermits require no interation with the world yet they are at the top of their game.

I believe you are right about your idea of our connection to god. I am very keen on making spritual progress but i believe i would have to become much healthier first. or even find a teacher,

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Summerday

My spiritual question is when TRANSMIGRATING DOES THE SIZE OF THE SPIRIT effect the amount of time it takes to TRANSMIGRATE? Check back later with you.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What is your opinion in regards of evolution?
Where do you think human beings will be able to do in the next 10 years?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join