It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allen Hills 84001 proved to contain Martian fossils

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So, The famous Martian meteorite ALH 84001 uncovered in 1992 in Antarctica contain fossil traces of microorganisms lived anciently on Mars. To anticipate the news, about to publication on the scientific magazine Geochemistry ET Cosmochimica Acta, is the site American specialized in spatial activities "SpaceflightNow".

The meteorite, Allen Hills or ALH 84001, is famous for a long time to the students, than they are analyzing since first years to it ` 90. However nobody up to now had confirmed officially found traces fossils. It has made by the Astrobiology group coordinated from Kathie Thomas Keprta, of the Johnson Space Center of NASA, using a electron microscope to high resolution that has afforded to inside analyze to the discs of carbonate and the small letters magnetite present crystals of the meteorite. According to the authors of the search the fossil bacteria are enclosed in magnetite crystals, produced from the same bacteria.

NASA, still reports to the site American, is prepared to announce the discovery in the next few days. The first observations made on the same meteorite were announced in 7 August 1996 from NASA and from the White House and in that occasion then the president USA Bill Clinton had promised that the searches in this within would have gone ahead, but other studies had refuted and on HAL84001 the oblivion had fallen for 10 years.
spaceflightnow.com...

NOW it is OFFICIAL: THERE WAS LIFE ON MARS!

AND MAYBE STILL NOW!?

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

How is it official? I don't understand? Nothing I've read has said it's official.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Does anyone else get a feeling of a controlled, staggered, orchestrated release of information about evidence for alien life and the conditions for alien life etc? Seems like we have had a few such neatly staggered 'discoveries' recently. I tend to think that many things were 'discovered' long ago, but their presentation to the public is done according to the agenda of TPTB (including, it appears, the Vatican) and according to their timetable, as they tip toe towards a grossly delayed disclosure while trying to hide the fact that we have been kept in the dark for decades. "Oh look what we just found".

Can't wait to hear in coming months what else NASA says they have "just found" in the water they apparently "just found" on the moon.

I can't help suspecting that, just as some claim that black technology is centuries ahead of that used by the world in general, that our knowledge of the universe and it's inhabitants is just as far behind, so that while we are only now being told of meteorite bacteria and the like, many government agencies have probably been aware of and involved with intelligent ETs for years. LOL.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by Malcram]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluemcgee

Originally posted by Imagir

How is it official? I don't understand? Nothing I've read has said it's official.

I do not understand what you say.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The Hero: KATHIE THOMAS-KEPRTA www.pbs.org...

And a comment:
“There are fossil microorganisms on Mars! From geologist I would know astonished if they had not seen them”: it comments so the news Vincenzo Rizzo, of the department of Sciences of the Earth of the university of Florence and the National Research Council (Cnr), that it has described recently Martian fossil formations on the International Journal of Astrobiology and a its new study is about to publication on an other international scientific magazine. The searches of I raise, lead in collaboration with Nicholas Cantasano, of the Institute for Agricultural and Forest Sistems of the Mediterranean (Isafom) of the Cnr, transmitted collections and to Earth from the probe of NASA Opportunity are based on the analysis of the images. They regard two types of formations: the spheres nicknamed “mirtilli”, characterized for a long time in the zone of the called planet Meridians Planum, the great plain to South of the Martian equator. "The spheres", said the two Italian investigators, “could be organosedimentaries structures, probably produced from microorganisms”. Their origin could find an explanation similar to that of the structures calls stromatoliti presents on the Earth and formed thinnest sheets in which ancient microorganisms are trapped, or animals (colonies of bacteria) or vegetables (microscopic alghe). However, it finds I raise, “is difficult to make any parallel between Martian microfossils and any form of microscopic life on the Earth”.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Surely, if true, this discovery pretty much renders intelligent ET life a statistical certainty?

Never mind relying on the Drake Equation! LOL. If in an absolutely miniscule neighborhood (Mars - Earth) it can be shown that there are at least two locations for life - even if one is microbial or what have you - then what is the likelihood that this is a fluke and all life in this vast universe is/was on Mars and the Earth? Surely this would show beyond a reasonable doubt that the universe simply must be teeming with life within and beyond this spectrum (microbe - humanoid)?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I love how we have crustaceans who thrive in 800 degree water around underwater volcanoes, and Ice worms who live in glaciers, as well as Cave fish who live in complete darkness and temps just below freezing with no eyes, and I can go on and on and on.

But we just cannot have life ANYWHERE else in the universe... Your laughed at when you say that. Really, are we starting the world is flat again?

Blows my mind, there is Nothing special about our planet, other then the idea that its the only one like it in OUR Solar system, and life became of that, But since it did, these conditions here HAVE TO BE THE ONLY WAY life can be created.

Wow, I created mold on my bread, must mean that the conditions in my house are the Only kind of conditions mold can grow in....

Way to be scientific....

for those of you who can not tell, I'm being sarcastic, and Pissed off.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by 10001011]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
I think science has been starting from a faulty assumption that's just based on belief. This assumption says that life HAD to have originated on earth.

Matrix, check the history of thought on life in the universe. The general feeling in the post-renaiisance period, among scientists, was that life existed throughout the universe, especially on the other planets and our own moon.

When conditions began to be measurable on those worlds, they began to conclude that the conditions out there were too harsh for 'life as we know it'. This wasn't an assumption, it was a deduction from measurable evidence.

In recent decades scientists have come to understand that 'life as we know it' (up top here on the surface) is a minor fraction of all biology on Earth, and that the conditions where MOST earth life lives and has always lived -- deep underground and deep under the oceans -- can easily exist on many other worlds within our solar system, worlds whose surfaces are undeniably uninhabitable -- but so what?.

This isn't a matter of style or fad, it's a progression of discovery and of changing paradigms as new knowledge is absorbed.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If imagination was applied to science as it is with engineering, We just might get somewhere, otherwise since science is limited to facts and fact are limited to science we kinda are subjected to a back and forth issue that yeilds little to no advancements.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 10001011

Do you remember what Einstein called the way he developed his ideas? Thought experiments. That sounds a bit like imagination to me.

A scientist who didn't use his imagination would be a poor scientist indeed.

[edit on 11/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Matrix, check the history of thought on life in the universe. The general feeling in the post-renaiisance period, among scientists, was that life existed throughout the universe, especially on the other planets and our own moon.

When conditions began to be measurable on those worlds, they began to conclude that the conditions out there were too harsh for 'life as we know it'. This wasn't an assumption, it was a deduction from measurable evidence.

I think we all have a pretty good handle on the position that mainstream science has had on these issues. If people have be be persuaded AFTER a discovery is announced that actually, despite impressions to the contrary, science always thought it was probably true anyway, and was always very open minded about it being true and very willing to examine the evidence, etc, then the chances are the there is some face saving and rewriting of history going on as everyone desperately jumps on the new bandwagon and pretends they had always been there.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhageDo you remember what Einstein called the way he developed his ideas? Thought experiments. That sounds a bit like imagination to me.

A scientist who didn't use his imagination would be a poor scientist indeed.

Yeah, and science is just full of Einsteins, isn't it? I mean, that patent clerk wasn't an anomaly at all, was he? He was given godlike status because he was no incredibly normal and darned representative of mainstream science and it's wonderful unbounded 'imagination', right?

(Sarcasm to be interpreted gently, playfully, and without malice
)

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Malcram

No. Minds like his don't come along often.

But that's not the point. The claim was that scientists do not use their imaginations. I can speak from first hand knowledge that scientists come up with some pretty wild ideas. Getting those ideas to make sense in the real world, finding evidence that it actually does exist/occur/can be done, and getting your peers to agree...now that's a different matter. But it all starts with the imagination.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Malcram

But that's not the point. The claim was that scientists do not use their imaginations. I can speak from first hand knowledge that scientists come up with some pretty wild ideas. Getting those ideas to make sense in the real world, finding evidence that it actually does exist/occur/can be done, and getting your peers to agree...now that's a different matter. But it all starts with the imagination.

This is "The Phage" that I like!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hmm sounds nice and all but there are many assumptions in this claim. Does anyone think that NASA just might want more funding? More money for research on mars?
Scientists do this all the time to get better grants.
Just look at global warming.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I wonder what is the point in posting once more time this old photo of that "something" in stone. When I went into that thread I hoped that I finally would sea something new. That one photo proves nothing. In other way everybody would agree that there was life on Mars many years ago but in fact it's hardly to find scientist who would be convinced by this photo.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Agreed. My point was that, yes, Einstein was an example of an imaginative scientist, but he was a rarity. Of course, there are many examples of incredible imagination displayed within the scientific community, but that doesn't mean that great imagination is common or a feature of the scientific establishment in general. One can always find the exceptions which prove the rule.

I do see great discoveries as usually leading to moments of incredible 'spin' in science, when an often staid 'holdfast' of a mainstream, filled with mere plodding 'repeaters' resistant to change and the established 'truth', suddenly does an about face and hangs on to the coat tails of pioneers who were often formerly resisted and even sneered at by this same community for employing their 'imagination' and daring to deviate from groupthink.

It's basically as Schopenhauer said, "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Then, those who engaged in all three stages pop open the champagne and talk about how they knew it to be true all along and how glorious it is to be an essential part of such a forward thinking and imaginative scientific community.

We'll see exactly the same thing here with many uber-skeptics when, eventually, the much vaunted "undeniable proof" becomes obvious (even to them) and can't be denied by them any longer.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well if this can be confirmed as non-contaminated and originating on Mars than indeed this will be one of the top finds EVER IMHO. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this one. I was wondering what was going on with that meteorite. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. S/F...

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fraank Fontaine

This is extremely facinating, especially if anyone has ever read "nothing in this book is true, but it is exactly the way things are" or any other books by Bob Frissell.
According to his books, there was the Lucifarian rebellion on Mars, and the Martians, after having destroyed thir civilization and disconnected from universal intelligence, came to earth to try and save their race. They tranfered to Atlantis. Maybe this new evidence could support the theory?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gweedy

How does microbial life support THAT theroy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join