It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin, Bachmann to headline Tea Party convention

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Palin, Bachmann to headline Tea Party convention

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com

(CNN) – Sarah Palin will be the main attraction at what's being billed as the "First National Tea Party Convention."

Tea Party Nation announced Wednesday that last year's Republican vice presidential candidate will serve as keynote speaker for the conference, scheduled to take place in Nashville, Tennessee February 4-6. A representative for Palin has confirmed the former Alaska governor's speaking role at the gathering.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Looking for a leader, Tea Partiers issue invite to Palin
Tea Party Movement Scores Its First Political Scalp

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
We have been hearing a lot about the Tea Party Movement ever since Obama was elected. They will say that it is a reaction to the bailouts that the US Government gave banks and the Auto Industry because they were "too big to fail" as well as the unrestrained spending of a Democratic Administration. They will claim that they are a non-partisan group that is neither Republican or Democrat. Not that this is not a concern, but I believe this is just another attempt by the Republican Party to re-invent itself.

So here is proof that the Tea Party movement is nothing more than a right wing movement because they have invited none other than Sarah Palin to be the keynote speaker at their first convention. There is no other more polarizing figure than her, so if they want to retain a non-partisan image, this is not the way to do it.

Some will claim that the TPM has been high-jacked, but that would be like saying Osama Bin Laden has high jacked Al Queda Airlines.

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Of these two, at least bachman was against the bank bail out.

Lest we forget:

COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? … Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess? PALIN: Ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Perhaps this is just another venue for exGov. Palin to spread the message.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I love American politics.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Oh damn straight.... this movement is nothing more than the Republican campaign. Palin and Bachmann, vocal supporters of former Bush and neoconservative policies might I add, are not the only examples of who this movement is following. Dick army, one of the leaders of this movement and in charge of freedom works has been known to be Republican for some time now and was majority leader for the repugs up until 2002. Matt Kibb, another leading figure of this movement was the senior economist for the republican national committee.

Lets not forget that at numerous events, the tea party protestors happily walked hand in hand with current republican politicians.... take the april 15th protest day when such republicans as Bruce Hanna, larry george and Matt Wingard to name afew all participated.

This isnt a none-partisan event, anybody who claims that are obviously ignoring the facts. If this is purely none-partisan, against both parties and their actions over the last few years until now, nobody would be marching with or behind them.

SG

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Of these two, at least bachman was against the bank bail out.

Oh yes, Bachmann, Bushes lapdog for the last 8years. One of the strongest supporters of the Iraq war, voted no on impeaching Bush after the amount of money he threw around in his oil wars, supported the Patriot act, the same thing folks are getting riled up over Obama at the moment... I could go on. Funnily enough, Bachmann is still trying to convince folks the war was legit.

The womans a Bush-conservative to the teeth.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yes, but that wasn't my point. The tea party people were supposedly against government waste.

Vote klobuchar

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Paliin and Bachman! Wow! I'd like to be the meat inbetween that sandwich!

It would be better than the minced meat between Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer.

Although, Boxer, alone, could be cool, she does get a Palin hairdo on now and then.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Yes, but that wasn't my point. The tea party people were supposedly against government waste.

So your saying this oil war in Iraq wasnt government waste? over $600 billion out to some place that had nothing to do with 9/11 or terrorism, over 4000 troops gone. Lets not forget Bushes $1 trillion increase, thats an increase, over the last 8years on his military industrial complex, and that was on top of the $500 billion yearly military expenditure for the last 8 years. Lets not forget that during the 6 years Republicans held both majority and the presidency from $5.7 trillion to $8.5 trillion before the dems took congress.

...and your saying Im not understanding your point?? You are talking about wasteful spending am I correct? And all that time Bachmann and Palin were cheering him and the repugs on.... maybe because they were apart of that party all that time, during that spending.

This tea party movement is a Republican marketing campaign and its a damn shame.... there are afew conservatives that have actually been fooled enough to believe its any of such.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Feel free to make up any point you wish to lay on me.

I stated bachman was at least against the bank bail outs. Then I posted a quote showing palin was for them.

From the op:

We have been hearing a lot about the Tea Party Movement ever since Obama was elected. They will say that it is a reaction to the bailouts that the US Government gave banks and the Auto Industry because they were "too big to fail" as well as the unrestrained spending of a Democratic Administration.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Feel free to make up any point you wish to lay on me.

Make up any point? Did Bachmann support the Iraq war? Did she support those billions that went into that oil war? Do you buy the official WMD story that Bachmann would have us believe?? Didnt Bachmann support the Bush administration through their trillions in spending over the years??

Dont worry, I am always up for using that freedom to make a point.

I stated bachman was at least against the bank bail outs.

She was atleast for the bailouts. That means you couldnt care howmuch of a hypocrite the woman is, or what agenda she may have politically, so long as she plays the tune to your ears, you'll follow behind.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The tea party movement has been ruined by neo-cons and Reagan Republicans....of which both Sarah Palin and Bachman are.

Everyone keeps pushing Palin...but I keep posting that she supported the bailout as they seem to so easily forget...as most people do when they blindly support someone.

Not only did Palin support the bailouts...she supports cutting corporate taxes. Yes, the same corporations that have shifted jobs to other countries for cheaper labor.

IT won't matter what their tax rate is if we do nothing about our trade policies which are absolutely horrible. Corporate profits are increasing right now while PEOPLE LOSE JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Palin is an idiot and I just don't understand why some people dont' see it. I don't like Obama...but Palin?

I've had enough of the war. I've had enough of the spending. I've had enough of the lies. There isn't a person on ATS that cannot state that Obama, Palin, Bush, Clinton, or any other high standing political figure hasn't lied out of their ass.

NO ONE is ever straight with the American people. Obama and Bush certainly are not.

Bush played the small government/no interventionalist role when trying to get elected....look what happened there.

Obama has played the anti-war/anti-nafta/anti-lobbyist role in his campaign. Look at what happened there.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by David9176]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I don't know where you're getting the idea I support bachman. It sounds to me like you're projecting.

The op specifically mentioned the bank bailouts, again bachman was opposed, palin was for them. You can take from that that I somehow support the bush agenda and will blindly follow bachman?

You need to stop playing their political gain, it's not helping you in any way.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I haven't heard of Bachman before. Is she part of Bachman, Palin Overdrive?

Do they have any good tunes?

Seriously, now I'm hearing rumors of Beck, Palin 2012?

All I can say is... There must be a God.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
it's a shame

what was a real, and true movement has been ruined

ron paul started this,,,, and had real, and honest principles,,,,, a reason to bee mad and fight

i don't know when exactly it changed,,,, but sarah palin has no place in the tea party,,, nor do repub establishment, career pols,,,, nor glen beck who brings uninformed people spewing hate and not even knowing why

i guess things don't always go as planned,,,,, we,,,, paul supporters, pro liberty, limited gov't people wanted a change and for this to take off

it did,
but somehow we got ripped off and hi jacked

and sarah palin will ruin it all,,,, everything we worked and fought for

she doesn't represent me,,,, and has no clue what she believes in

i feel dirty being an early tea partier if palin is now our leader or front man

because of her people will be immediately turned off and away,,,, b4 you even get to talk to them and as usual they realize you make good sense and similary believe and want what we're about

she all talk with no facts figures or reason

we know why we want freedom,,, when it was and where it is,,,, being taken away
we understand blowback and our huge military complex
we know why the fed is bad and creates bubbles, inflation,,, and is a hidden tax making us more poor with each passing year

we're mad,,, but we know why and the how,,,, and what to do

not palin,,,, just rhetoric without a clue,,,, and furthering hate and divison

i'm ashamed and saddened

ron paul ,,,,, the real tea party leader

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

I feel for you. I don't always agree with ron paul, but I can respect him.

It's sad to see his ideals bastardized by people who see it simply as a political maneuver.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

I can understand how you feel, but cannot offer any sympathy. I'm with Southern Guardian in that the whole movement just smacks of hypocrisy.

I also like to use supporting the Iraq war as an example. If you criticized those of us that opposed the war and haven't changed your mind, you are just as single minded as the Sarah Palin's or any other republican. That is the point.

Now you may not feel this way yourself, but the majority of those in the TPM were the same that supported the Iraq War and the Bush Administration, so how can you now claim to be anti=government and non partisan?

I would also love to support a movement that is against government spending that adds to the deficit. I would love to support a movement that holds politicians accountable, but the time for that was eight years ago more than it is needed now. I cannot just fall into line with such hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
to the above replies,,, thanx

and believe me,,,,, i can't stand tea baggers who voted for bush and now want to bash obama

bush was horrible and anything but a conservative

unless we are attacked inside our borders,,,, no war is justified

and you can't declare war on a tactic,,,, that is terorism,,,, of course just like planned ,,, it will be never ending

i think you guys know,,,, ron pauler's ,,,, while some say we're crazy,,,, know our stuff and stand for beliefs,,, not political ideology only ,,,, or go with the flow because it's the party line

wrong is wrong

i'm not anti-obama,,, or really pro -republican,,,,, i'm against intrusive,,,, un represenative,,, overbearing gov't,,,,,, which encompasses both parties

most americans were saying no bailouts,,,, and look what we got

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Bottom line...

The Republicans need to stop pretending to be something they are not.

They need to thoroughly disentangle themselves from the Evangelical Christian Right.

They need to stop preaching purported family values and attempting to capitalize on hot button issues...gay-marriage, race issues etc.

They don't need to re-invent themselves, they need to return to the Conservative Party they once were, with fiscal conservatism, lean and clean government, nix the divisive "outrage" rhetoric etc. calmly and plainly articulate where current and past policy has failed and what they plan to do differently and they will find that platform will be big enough to compete and even win 2012.

Bachman...she was the one who suggested a McArthy style inquisition into congress to root out anyone who was not appropriately "patriotic".

Palin...what can be said that hasn't already been said? To me she represents everything wrong with the Republican Party...proudly divisive..ill equiped to compete in politics....but just "shiny" enough to convince some conservatives that she will save them.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It appears that the Tea Party Movement is interested in divorcing itself from mainstream Republicanism and becoming a separate political faction, or even a party.

The trouble is, they're now so anti-intellectual and full of emotional, hate-filled, fear-mongering rhetoric that they cannot appeal to the mainstream of America. They can only attract those who are like themselves. I think it was P.T. Barnum who said nobody ever went bankrupt by underestimating the intelligence of the public. They are not a viable alternative to the Republican Party but rather the new "Know Nothings" from the last century.

If the Republican party is smart they will divorce themselves from the tea party movement and go back to their roots.

As it is, I'm surprised that the tea partiers can even get a convention together. Are they actually going to present position papers?

Full of ambition if not emotional maturity or intellectual rigor, Sarah Palin is just the figurehead to represent them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join