It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The more I stop reading or visiting UFO site/boards/articles - the more I agree with debunkers/scept

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hi,

Well, here it is.. I'v been high in Disclosure hope for months, believing that it must happen shortly since it's inevitable. Then, my hype dropped, my interest shift back to my other sphere of life (jobs, familly, friends, parties, sports etc) and I stop thinking about disclosure. I still like the idea but as far as I was convince it was for sure "for soon". I do now believe, for having my head out of the box of UFO field that it's not gonna happen.

Of course, don't take my word for it, its just my opinion but look out there, the state of our world. Thinking Disclosure gonna happen imo is like icing on a cake that is not even made and cooked.

Not sure where I'm going with this thread, I just wanted to share my mind.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I've decided to stop waiting for cool stuff like that to happen.
If it does, then bonus. But...

It's like a good sci fi flick that hasn't happened yet. When it comes out, I'll shell out the $$ to see it, and pass judgment then.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I feel you. I aswell have been going nuts on meditating, nwo, ufo´s, illuminati, chemtrails and the list goes on, but lately i have allso been more "here" in this reallíty, which has made me being less woried about theese subjects. I don´t know if that is a good thing or not.
Am i giving up or am i just living. I hear you.

Love

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, of course. The more you look, the more you notice that NOTHING EVER HAPPENS. A sighting might sound interesting, but the more you look into it, the more it just fades away like smoke. Eventually all you have left is a lot of conjecture.

There are some classic UFO cases that remain interesting. But they are so few and far between -- and have such little supportive evidence -- that they are just curiosities. Something to suggest that something odd might be happening, but nothing you can quite put your finger on.

Over the years, I've determined that there may be something interesting going on with UFOs, but it's very possible that we might not have the ability to understand it. Not that it doesn't exist. But it's just beyond our perceptive abilities. Like your cat trying to understand income taxes.

Otherwise, it's all just a waste of time. If anything important happens, you won't have to go scrounging around YouTube or the paranormal websites to find it. It'll be front page, top story everywhere.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by 2000 Yards]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
oh any about ufology something that always bothered me is that its mainly fixed in the past. A lot about roswell, a lot of keksburg sp, a lots about the england us base thing, a lot about phenix light. So less about right now ..

anyway, im just passing by

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well I don't know about discolsure but I do know many people that come to this board don't believe because of ATS, we saw first and then searched out a website where other people have had the same encounters.

About disclosure, what does that even mean?
DO we talk with aliens? I doubt it.
Do we see strange things that science can't explain, sure.

If the government had this tech would they tell you? Probably not.

If Aliens came here would they chose to talk to the worst of humanity? I don't think so, but they might.

Would demons? Probably

Whatever the case I don't believe that "disclosure is going to happen"
I do believe in what I saw on different occasions.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Agreed mostly, I'd love nothing more than for disclosure to happen but my excitement over the whole subject has certainly diminished. Like others have said if it's going to happen it'll just happen, we'll wake up one day to the biggest most important news story ever, there's not a journalist or news agency in the world that would miss out on the opportunity to cover this.

The speculation can be fun or frustrating but imo these predicted time frames and especially dates should not be taken seriously, that's not to say I won't read up on every one because they do interest me. The best we can do is study the available information, share our knowledge and theories while doing our best to spot misinterpretations and hoaxes and put them down as fast as possible.

Don't stop looking for the truth though, as long the search doesn't take over your life you should be just fine.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by korats

I noticed that the more I go to bars, the more I drink. And the less I go to bars the less I drink.

...Just sayin'...

...See where I'm going w. this?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So in other words, you're just a sheep that can't think for him or herself, and are easily influenced by others.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by korats

Your expectations from the readings of opinions in other articles shouldn't matter. What matters is the evidence in favor of UFOs being real and very likely (some) being controlled by extra-terrestrials. Keep in mind that A LOT (if not nearly all) of these "imminent disclosure" threads, pages, whatever are always exaggerated and based off of lax information. Just take a look at the 500 or so top cases, you will see there is something here. Of course it is not as fun as saying "the galactic federation is going to land and disclose all on so and so date"... I don't know if you have sen this directory of top UFO cases, but here it is:

ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread Directory

While there is a lot of information being re-examined and some older top cases may not be what they were thought to be at first, there is still MANY top cases that IMHO can't be explained other than by ET's. When or IF disclosure comes it will come, in the meantime all we can do is analyze the top cases and get them out to the masses IMHO. If you have any questions in regards to anything ufological related don't hesitate to shoot me or any other UFO subject matter experts a u2u, we will do our best to help.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2000 Yards
There are some classic UFO cases that remain interesting. But they are so few and far between -- and have such little supportive evidence -- that they are just curiosities.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by 2000 Yards]

What are you talking about?
The Roswell case, for example, has many evidences.
Read Jim Marrs book: "The Alien Agenda".

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
To be honest there is enough crap going on in terms of the world stage at the moment , that you could be forgiven for dropping the flag and walking away . Alot of really bad things are right out there in the media, here in the UK we have parlimentary expenses, this that and the other failiure of protocol , secrets and lies, and its all right there in the main news. Now of course my attitude is , that all this stuff real or not, will only get to the headlines because its benificial to have something covering the really dirty truths, but I have to admit it would be all to easy to merely immerse myself in the headlines of the mainstream media rather than delve and probe into the magical interwebs for my fix of intruige and clandestine savagery .

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
What are you talking about?
The Roswell case, for example, has many evidences.
Read Jim Marrs book: "The Alien Agenda".

Sure, there's evidence. All anecdotal. And of what? Extraterrestrials? Time travelers? Creatures from other realities? You tell me.

And Roswell is one of the worst. Dig past the popular books, and you'll find that what you're mostly talking about is a sociological event. One person says something, and then another person "remembers" something else, and so on, until you have a lot of people supposedly remembering all kinds of things. That's lousy evidence.

On the other hand, if you look at the paperwork and the day-to-day workings at the base at the time, other than the brief flash of news coverage, there's nothing out of the ordinary. No additional people or equipment are mobilized. There's no paper trail. Most people who were at the base never heard or saw anything of this saucer nonsense, and are annoyed by the folks who have essentially turned Roswell into a joke. You would think something as important as an alien saucer being found might generate a little bit more paperwork than usual. Not at Roswell, though.

Like I said, there are the very odd cases that suggest something odd might be going on. And the sheer volume and specific detail of many sightings and reports makes it very difficult to argue that everybody involved is either mistaken, lying, or crazy. At some point, it becomes necessary to assume that at least a few of the witnesses are accurately describing exactly what they experienced -- strange as it may be.

But it never resolves into anything. Are there aliens and demons and humans from the future or the past operating in our reality without our complete knowledge or understanding?

Maybe. But how do we know? What do we know? At it turns out, not a hell of a lot.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I started visiting UFO and "aliens" forums back in '90s when the forums started with alt (alt this, alt that) and they were called:
Newsgroups
alt.alien.research
alt.alien.visitors
alt.conspiracy
alt.conspiracy.area51
alt.fan.cropcircles
alt.life-mars
alt.paranet.abduct
alt.paranet.skeptic
alt.paranet.ufo
alt.paranormal.crop-circles
alt.sci.time-travel
alt.ufo.reports

It's 2009 and the only thing that has changed is the names. Now it's ATS, Unexplained Mysteries, etc., and younger people that do not seem to have any roots to the past. They're all going gaga over what we used to go gaga over.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
"The more I stop reading or visiting UFO site/boards/articles - the more I agree with debunkers/sceptics."

Well said. Matter of fact, that applies to me as well: the less I read Ufology based articles and visit sites such as this on UFOs, the more I'd agree with skeptics as well. More power to the informed!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by korats

Wait until you're an olde pharte like me. Seems like this kind of disclosureistic "wave" comes around every few years. I continue to remain hopeful; it doesn't cost anything. I believe humans have been and are being visted by species that are nonhuman.

Look, nothing wrong with being hopeful, just don't pin your dreams of the future on such whims (not saying you're doing this). Governments disclose what they are forced to, and little else. I think many of us have shifted in our awareness to include the possibility of otherworldly(transtemporal/dimensional?) beings interacting with us. That's good enough -- no smoking gun needed.

Human evolution seems to creep by sooooooooooooo slowly. I'm barely aware of it, but there have been changes, I think, that are more than just social or cultural shifts.

I fully expect that nine days before I drop dead, I'll have it all figured out. I'll probably have a sighting that day too, but, alas, my occipital panorama recorder's cesiodilithium pellet battery will be running down, and I won't be able to post anything more than a fragmented and tantalizing six seconds of the craft.

Oh well. It will be better than nothing.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
But the UFO does exist.
From ancient times according to some for some reason.
Or from 1943 for some theories.
Or 1917 for others.

You just gave up on how it works and how the evidence
is so confusing.

ED: Not looking for any disclosure since I accept the Tesla
Conspiracy Theory for UFO aircraft.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
But the UFO does exist.
From ancient times according to some for some reason.

Is it really surprising that people could not identify things back then, when anything in the sky was seen as a superstitious sign, and when people in general did not know much about celestial phenomena?

Heck, people still wrangle over celestial phenomena today on this very same forum!

All it shows is how little we really know...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'm the exact opposite. I've become much more skeptical since I joined here and saw all the horrible "evidence" that people use to further their belief. It's pretty annoying, really. I want to believe, and I know it's possible, but the more I see people attributing to aliens the blurry dots, sky lights, and abduction fanfics, the less inclined I become to believe.

I was always skeptical about paranormal, but alien visitation always seemed more realistic and actually possible to me. I suppose it still is "possible", however improbable it actually is, but after applying the same scrutiny I gave to ghosts, magic, ESP, and other paranormal activities, the more I realized it really does belong in the same column.

Guess it's something to pass the time, though.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The UFO ET campaign has been going on since I can remember.
The elite want the technology hidden.
So there should be no letting go of any true science from now
until dooms day 2012 for some people.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join