It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This year 'in top five warmest'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

This year will be one of the top five warmest years globally since records began 150 years ago, according to figures compiled by the Met Office.

The UK's weather service projects that, unless there is an exceptionally cold spell before the end of the year, temperatures will be up on last year

So what happened to the climate is cooling theory people have been going on about??

Climate sceptics had pointed out that the temperature rise appeared to have stalled in the last decade or so.

That was caused in part by the Pacific La Nina current, which cools the Earth.

But the influence of La Nina declined in the spring and the Met Office project that, barring a very cold December, this year will be the fifth warmest on record.

I keep hearing on conspiracy websites that Climate Change is a hoax... a conspiracy to make money...

The thing i don’t understand is that it seems most of the data I am hearing about is for manmade climate change.

So why do people claim it’s a hoax... i just don’t get it... surely there is more money in the anti manmade climate change movement... After all, oil is big business...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Simply quoting a news article does not make it so. Although I have not looked into the global warming issue myself, I believe that presenting the actual data would be a far more concrete argument then simply quoting a news source.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The preeminent source on this was just exposed as liars and con men.How can you trust any info?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think you'll find that very few people say that Climate Change is a hoax. Climate is constantly changing and no one (of note) doubts that.

What is purportedly a hoax is that humans are entirely responsible for the current warming phase. Many people believe that the effects, especially the catastrophic ones, have been greatly over stated to cause fear, so appropriate policies and agendas can be put in place.

A common misconception is that if you if you disagree with AGW (anthropogenic global warming) theories, you must be an 'anti-environmentalist' or funded by big oil etc.

And I think you are under-estimating the type of money that can be made in the so called 'green' industry. Just look at how much Al Gore has profited already, and he stands to become one of the first 'green billionaires' if the appropriate climate change legislation goes ahead.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Most, if not all, weather recording stations are in areas that have seen a dramatic increase in population in the last 150 years. It would stand to reason that with all the extra people. the buildings, roads, and everything else associated with population increase there would be an increase in average temperatures.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by born2BWild

ok... I’m gonna be completely honest about this... When i look at climate change data I haven’t got a clue what it all means and I don’t have the time to study and truly understand it.

I am not talking about the over simplified hockey stick graph... I am talking about the raw data from climatologists...

So I have to just use a mixture of common sense and gut instinct.

My common sense tells me that there is far more money to be made from keeping SUV's, transatlantic flights, coal powered power station in operation.

So for government to invent man made climate change just to make some short change from books on GW, solar panels, carbon trading and wind turbines just doesn’t make sense to me!

And my gut tells me that we ARE affecting the climate/environment.

In fact ive seen it with my own eyes... I was in the Caribbean about 5 years ago and some guys took us out on a boat for some scuba diving. They stopped and showed us miles and miles of dead sea... No fish, dead corral and no plant life.... it went on for miles...

They said that it was due to a mixture of acidification and overfishing.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

ONE of the top 5 warmest since we began to take reecords 150 years ago, and two or three of those years were from from almost 100 years ago..... Oh yeah that shows temperatures are increasing again?...

First of all it has been shown that since the end of 2005 and the beginning of 2006 there has been a COOLING trend, which is what happens during NATURAL Climate Changes....

If CO2 causes the warming claimed by the AGWers, then temperatures should be increasing all the time like they claimed for so many years....

They also claimed several times "the Arctic is going to be free of ice this summer".... NEVER happened....

Then we caught them with their pants down with the emails, and data that was hacked and shows the AGWers, like Mann, and colleages have been falsifying data, and have been hiding research because there is research, even from them, that refutes their claims....

But here we have again the AGWers from certain newspapers posting "scary stories" to frighten people into compliance, and for people to accept their hoax...

Haven't you noticed this yet?...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is certainly not true for the US

You can see that here.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
This is certainly not true for the US

You can see that here.

It is not true for the whole world. Another member posted an article with a link, and a graph showing that temperatures have been COOLING since at least the end of 2005, or the beginning of 2006 and it is still cooling.

However, i posted another sort of data which shows scientists have found that something else is warming Earth's atmosphere, and it is happening because the interplanetary field is weaker now allowing more charged particles, interstellar dust, etc to enter the Solar System and is affecting Earth too....

top topics

join