It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman slams man's head into window

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Policeman slams man's head into window

news.ninemsn.com.au

A mobile phone video has been released that shows a California police officer pulling a man from a train and smashing his head through a window.

The officer is seen pulling 37-year-old Michael Gibson off a train in Oakland and taking him towards the window.

The man collides with it, causing the glass to shatter onto both men.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Okay, so the guy was a complete idiot judging from the very little we saw, but as soon as they left the train the guy seemed submissive and didn't resist.

If he did resist his head wouldn't have slammed into the window oh so very easily.

But it did and it was completely unecessary.

There was absolutely zero need for this to have been done.

And the people around the cop didn't want to start trouble but if I was there I would surely report his behavior and tell him he shouldn't have done that.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I actually dont see an issue here..

The guy made the situation worse.. then seemed he was moving the cop that way... usually something gives way before your dome gets bloody..

Next time this guy will think twice be being an idiot on the T service(dont know what its called down there so I use T cause i live in Pgh..)

::EDIT::

Plus I hope it knocked sense into this guy not to be an idiot all the time.. only in private where nobody gives a crap about how stupid he is..

[edit on 11/24/2009 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Looks like an accident to me. Guy's momentum in trying to move away from the officer (and the fact that he's a moron) caused it.....I'd rather take my chances on the glass than be tased, so at least he prevented that.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What I see in this thread so far is "Incrementalism"

Every.. let's say quarter or two quarters, you accept more and more

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Okay, so the guy was a complete idiot judging from the very little we saw, but as soon as they left the train the guy seemed submissive and didn't resist.

If he did resist his head wouldn't have slammed into the window oh so very easily.

Looks more like the guy was resisting and that was why it happened.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Look man I am one of the 1st people to cry foul on a cop in a second.. But sometimes just sometimes what happens is what happens.. not the cops fault.. really, if the guy wasnt such an idiot that would have never happened in the 1st place...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
yea to me it just looks like he was gonna cuff the dude and his momentum just happened to go through the window. The glass shouldn't have broken like that either.

Accident I say, the cop wasn't being purposely abusive.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Let me clarify...there is PLENTY of video evidence out there of police out of control with power-

In your particular case though, I just don't see it. For the sake of discussion, let's say the policeman forced him into the window. Wouldn't you take that over the taser?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Momentum my A$$... NO WAY... that cop deliberately threw him into the glass, he had control the whole time. CLEARLY it shows him guiding and thrusting the suspect into the glass!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Had this been anyone else there'd be assault claims and possibly attempted manslaughter or intent to cause harm. Yet once again the Cowards in the force hide behind the badge, because they know they could shoot a pregnant woman square in the face in downtown NYC, yet still get away with it due to some unforeseen law that suddenly appears out of the blue.
Welcome to the NWO.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What? There was no taser involved? Frankly, I'm appalled!

Sorry, couldn't resist. And I see someone said that already. Doesn't look to me like the cop was being purposely abusive either. Stuff happens when you're stopping crime.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
For a single officer take down this officer did a reasonable job. Police are people too, notice after the guy stops resisting handcuffs go on. This is how police work is done. The police incidents I am most concerned with is the 7 officers standing around someone laying on the ground, kicking and hitting them yelling "stop resisting arrest" yet not one cop tries to cuff the person.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Looks like an accident to me. Guy's momentum in trying to move away from the officer (and the fact that he's a moron) caused it.....I'd rather take my chances on the glass than be tased, so at least he prevented that.

An accident, eh... Is that why the officer is off-duty because of cuts he recieved from the "assault" that took place against him (which the man is being charged for)?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

For the sake of discussion, let's say the policeman forced him into the window. Wouldn't you take that over the taser?

Not for the sake of discussion, this is a description of everyone's thought process here in this thread, is this not true everyone?

Either that or he deserved it?

Either way how does that justify slamming his head into glass?
Put it this way, that was GLASS, he could have died
I'm sure we all realize how fragile life is, he could have easily died
Let's say a glass hit an artery or went into his head, quick death!

If that is possible then it's always possible

How is this different from an abusive husband slamming his trouble-making wife into glass?

Is professionalism and always being careful with fragility of life no longer part of being a law enforcer?

Put it this way, if it was two guys the guy who slammed the guy's head into the glass would have been arrested.

Your only escape defending this is that it was a mistake but still then it's wrong.

You guys have forgotten the role of police.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Saw a crazy idiot like this try to grab the baton from an Orange County Sheriff & ended up on the ground bleeding from the ears. Of course people in the vicinity (lotsa gang-bangers around here) automatically started screaming unprovoked police brutality.

Yeah right. You mess with the bull you get the horns.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Your only escape defending this is that it was a mistake but still then it's wrong.

I don't need an escape.

Are we watching the same video? I just watched it again 3 times. I don't see what you are seeing. If you think the police officer caused the momentum......Cops always slam the suspect against something before they cuff them or "gain control". If this would have been a traffic stop it would have been against the police car hood. Unfortunately for this guy the cop didn't realize it was glass there...and/or he was caught up in the heat of the moment. Police are people like us.

The suspect put himself in this position by obviously acting like an $#@.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

broken glass to the dome over a shot from a taser? not a chance. I've been cut good and deep by glass, and a taser isn't likely to do any serious or permanent damage....

And it looked to me like it was the momentum of the suspect combined with the officer trying to push him against the wall to put on the cuffs that did it...... I didn't see any purposefully rough play.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
No the cop did deliberately shove him at the glass, I don't think he wanted the guy to go through it though... You can hear from the way the glass breaks and the actual way it breaks it was plate glass... Who uses that any more? Especially in a public area like that - it should of been 'safety' glass or whatever you call it, you know the stuff you really have to hurl a brick at, and even then it shatters into loads of small pieces and not big sections.

That's my bet, the cop just assumed (wrongly) that the glass would take the impact - other than that he was n a confined area, that guy was a prick and quite big and the public were very close - he did a pretty good job...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I don't need an escape.

Are we watching the same video? I just watched it again 3 times. I don't see what you are seeing. If you think the police officer caused the momentum......Cops always slam the suspect against something before they cuff them or "gain control". If this would have been a traffic stop it would have been against the police car hood. Unfortunately for this guy the cop didn't realize it was glass there...and/or he was caught up in the heat of the moment. Police are people like us.

The suspect put himself in this position by obviously acting like an $#@.

Why don't we look at the following:

If you think the police officer caused the momentum......

IMHO, after watching the video I can say the officer was in control of the suspect and did not practice officer safety. He reaches in and snatches him off at 18 seconds. From there he walks the suspect to the wall, but the telling point is what happens at around the 23 and 24 second mark. The officer is no longer walking at the pace he was walking, just before the suspect is slammed to the wall you see a change in his upper body and arm movement, and his right leg comes off the ground pretty high (again we're talking about the officer not the suspect.)

Now here is something you need to answer:

Cops always slam the suspect against something before they cuff them or "gain control".

Friend, do you have any proof to support the claim that officers always slam suspects against something before they cuff them or gain control? Is this a policy that all police departments in America follow?

If this would have been a traffic stop it would have been against the police car hood.

No. For officer safety someone can be ordered out of the car, but the police car hood does not have to be used. You can order the person to the curb, or to lay down, or you can stand them upright, position your body a certain way, grasp/lock the suspects hands a certain way, and then place the cuffs on. Again, officer safety is key here, and sometimes due to oncoming traffic, and other factors, it isn't best to have the suspect near your vehicle.

Unfortunately for this guy the cop didn't realize it was glass there...and/or he was caught up in the heat of the moment.

I agree it is unfortunate, but if he were caught up in the heat of the moment you have to ask yourself who is really in charge? An officer who snatched a man with mental issues off BART or a man with mental issues who was snatched off BART? And that brings me to the next part which involves the suspects mental stability at the time the crime occured. The article didn't say it, but other articles that shed more light on the incident show the suspect was recently released from John George Psychiatric Pavilion and has a history of mental illness. With that being said, the suspect was not acting as an "idiot" or an "$#@."

[edit on 25-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join