It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carbon tax goes down like the Hindenberg.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What a scam. Nobody in their right mind will pay this or go along.

Why not a new tax scam? Like the anti ufo/alien invasion tax scam. I guess they will just have to keep milking the anti terrorism deal.

We are all victims of Keynesian economics. All those people running scanners and body wands. Why don't they put them out into an empty field somewhere and they can scan each other. This is perfectly acceptable by such an economic theory.

But I guess things are OK. Gore won a Nobel prize, Obama, too.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well if the Australian Government has its way thats exactly what will be imposed on the population of this country, & very very soon! What a joke, what a disgrace, but unfortunately if it is passed in the Senate ( & it looks like it will, because its about politics & not whats real ) then the people of this country will be screwed again.

You think we will get away with not paying? Think again. We will pay because the companies we work for will be charged, sorry, taxed huge amounts & when they cannot afford to keep their heads above water anymore, then staff will be laid off. Not sure how a person can pay a mortgage or feed their kids without a job ---times this by millions. Hang on, they can get welfare, you say? NOT! Can't get blood out of a stone, if we're all out of work, who's going to pay the taxes that keep the welfare & medicare system afloat? Nobody? That's exactly right.

So, if these fools allow this to get thru, then we will all pay for it, whether we want to or not.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpinifexPrincess

Sorry to hear that. Where I live, the whole idea has circled the bowl and is gone. The gurgling sound is fresh water coming up.

They didn't get the whole combination plate here. Just a few tacos on a paper plate (health care reform).

Take care.-------------------------------------------PC

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yeah well they are pushing this agenda pretty hard, & in fact, our illustrious Prime Minister with the unfortunate name of K Rudd ( krudd!! ) is insistent that this all become ratified BEFORE the Copenhagen talks start! He is such a tool, & really just wanting to be the "first" one to do this. The "scent spraying dog" is what he's really like!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This morning I woke with a deep feeling of sadness. Checking the news I know why ....
No news. The hack/proof of the global warming scam is being swept under the rug. It will not matter.

For years a dear friend of mine has said, "You can't change the march of history." It seems he is right. We might sometimes toss a small pebble in the gears but it won't really do much damage. Things march on, the great cycle continues and there isn't much to be done but watch the scenery.

carbon/health care/ufos/global currency/pandemics ...doesn't matter they are all coming.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Chett, I'm hearing ya! I too expected to hear something about the great global warming swindle & yet nothing.

Oops, sorry, there was actually something. Andrew Bolt from The Herald Sun ( Australian newspaper ) appears on the Channel 9 Today show once a week. He began by mentioning Global Warming & was quickly told by Karl Stefanovic that topic was for another time, & quickly rushed into some frivilous subject that I didn't listen to because I was so busy swearing at the tv!!

But apparently someone I work with saw something about it on our ABC channel last night, late last night, probably when most working people are snuggled up in bed.

......waiting........waiting......... But I am spreading the word, giving all my friends the links to the story & copies of the emails that I downloaded!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I have been doing the same thing trying to tell people, email, blogging but what good is it going to do, it will get passed (this Friday i think) what chance do we have it looks like both parties are for it, we should start our own party, i already have the forms lol.
Looks like i'm going to have to get a 2nd job just to pay my electricity bill.

If you listen to 2GB all the announcers on the station are against it and speaking out about it and they get 100's of calls through out the day of people complaining about the ETS... but it still goes ahead. I guess it goes to show politicians are more about representing the corporations then the people like they should be.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yeah, emissions trading taxes will allegedly cost us an extra $16 per week just for electricity alone! It's despicable, & I am not suprised to hear that Malcolm Turncoat has decided to "make a deal" with the Krudd Govt, I mean, its all about getting re-elected to them, not the actual policies. The Liberal Party are divided about the emissions trading taxes, & too spineless to stand up & say anything. Unfortunately we are going to get screwed again, & its gonna cost us dearly.

Meanwhile, I'm emailing people, & telling them, whatever it takes. At least if the Krudd Govt get thrown out at the next election, there's a chance ( albeit very small ) that this ludicrous tax will be tossed out---but don't hold your breath, a grab for cash is a grab for cash, no matter what they want to call it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Well looks like its full steam ahead
news.ninemsn.com.au...

Opposition Leader Malcolm Turnbull says the federal coalition has agreed to a deal on Labor's carbon pollution reduction scheme following a marathon meeting on Tuesday.

Even though 41 of the coalition were against and only 33 were for the ETS

"I'm the leader, I've made the call," he repeated.

Makes me sick.

Mr Turnbull is confident the legislation will pass the Senate, which he said was likely to sit extended hours this week to debate the bill.

"Some of the senators have said that regardless of what the party room decided they would cross the floor.

"But I am confident that enough senators will comply with the wishes of the shadow cabinet and party room, that the legislation will be passed."

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What a disgrace! Well, we have an update on Malcolm Turnbull......errr, sorry, Turncoat.

It appears there will be a leadership challenge today, & I hope whoever stands up against him kicks his pathetic arse to kingdom come! Fancy doing a deal with the Krudd Government over this, effectively selling us ALL down the # shute!

Its a grab for cash, no denying it, & right now, as it stands, we have no alternative Party to vote for. As has been said all along in this country, the two big Party's are exactly the same, just different faces, no alternative policies.

Stay tuned.......

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Don't jump down my throat here please, i know this isn't a very popular pattern of thought here.

I agree with taxing non green products while offsetting the equivalent against green products.. which is in essence a form of carbon tax BUT widespread carbon taxing won't do our economies any favors in the short run.. especially if BRIC don't get on board which I think everyone knows.

But the thing is.. what is rarely ever mentioned is that if we are coerced into using less fossils through whatever means.. even forms of carbon taxes, it will help us dodge the bullet of peak oil and 3-4 times the oil prices in 30-40 years which will seriously damage our economies because of the continued explosion of the BRIC economies. But our governments prefer to use the global warming and environmentalism tactics to push the issue on BRIC countries without doing us THAT much damage against their advancements.. and surprise surprise.. China and India won't buy it... but that doesn't change the fact that we still need to cut down on our oil usage.. which we won't do while its cheap.

What all the conspiracy heads are completely forgetting here is that once peak oil hits.. and it will.. and at that stage the EU and US will be only equals as economies with China and India.. without being convinced to cut down on our "Carbon Emissions" ie Oil now when its relatively cheap, we would have a situation similar to what happened Spain and France in the 70/80's when oil prices tripled.. ie. their economies almost completely went down the pan. Spain had 25% unemployment as a direct result of it.

I know they keep lying to us about it through the whole "Global Warming", "Carbon is killing the world" nonsense but that in itself is a way to lie to the BRIC countries. Its still a conspiracy but we need to do it.. and it makes perfect sense.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here is a list of countries who have already started operating under the ETS (Europe) and who is still developing their ETS.
www.climatechange.gov.au...

I don't see any of the BRIC nations listed

Goes to show its a pointless excersise

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
Here is a list of countries who have already started operating under the ETS (Europe) and who is still developing their ETS.
www.climatechange.gov.au...

I don't see any of the BRIC nations listed

Goes to show its a pointless excersise

If BRIC don't join, it will hurt our economies a little more than theirs but it won't be completely pointless.. it will still push us much more towards greener energies while setting them up for the fall with peak oil.

Its still not the best idea overall though, it is more for Global governance than realism.

[edit on 25/11/09 by Dermo]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
.......and this could bring the Liberal Party down, doesn't look good with some resignations today & Malcolm Turncoat having to stand up in front of the Australian Press to defend himself.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Dermo I see that you agree with the principal of the 'Big Lie', and I'm wondering your limits on that belief is. If the truth is secondary, what other lies would you have us believe for our own benefit?

I also see that you advocate a global tax and regulation of all activity, to save the planet. I wonder, what tithe do you demand for the 5 pounds of CO2 i emit through resperation per day? And if exceed my carbon limits?

Since we both admit AWG is a fraud, what limits would you place upon me based on this admitted fraud, for my own good?

please explain this to me quickly, running this comp and chewing gum simutaniously is chewing up my alloted carbon rations.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf
reply to post by Dermo

Dermo I see that you agree with the principal of the 'Big Lie', and I'm wondering your limits on that belief is. If the truth is secondary, what other lies would you have us believe for our own benefit?

I also see that you advocate a global tax and regulation of all activity, to save the planet. I wonder, what tithe do you demand for the 5 pounds of CO2 i emit through resperation per day? And if exceed my carbon limits?

Since we both admit AWG is a fraud, what limits would you place upon me based on this admitted fraud, for my own good?

please explain this to me quickly, running this comp and chewing gum simutaniously is chewing up my alloted carbon rations.

Firstly.. I don't agree with "Global Warming" but do agree with less pollution.

Secondly.. "The big lie" rarely if ever pushes my view of economic damage as a result of peak oil, simply because it cant.. so to say that I have bought 'The Big Lie' is wrong. What is "The Big Lie" to you?

Thirdly.. You seem to be assuming that I have not educated myself in as much regarding every aspect of global governance, global warming, authoritarianism, geopolitical strategies etc as much as possible and have come to realistic and somewhat "out there to conspiracy theorists" conclusions regarding many conspiracies that can actually serve mankind as a whole in a non detrimental fashion.

Finally.. sometimes groups of people are just too complacent, stupid or greedy to take action themselves and have to be pushed.

How would i promote carbon taxes? I would add carbon taxes to higher emission cars and lower overall taxes on lower emission cars.. very simple, it gets us off oil quicker while polluting less.. and I did give a generic example of this offsetting already...

That kind of system can be used in a myriad of ways... we have it on Road Tax and Vehicle Registration Tax in Ireland already.. its basically carbon usage penalties while giving you bonus's for buying the greenest technologies in order to cut "down your emissions"..cough cough.. cut down your oil usage.

So.. now you can answer a few questions for me.. Where did I mention carbon rations? Are you just trying to be smart? You're not pulling it off

I take it you don't think a push to get us off Oil before the peaking triple's the price and crashes our economies is a good idea.. why?

[edit on 26/11/09 by Dermo]

new topics

top topics

join