It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open-Source Specs Posted for 200% Efficient Water Fuel Cell!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

HybridTech Energy of Lafayette, Louisiana, USA, sent out an announcement on Nov. 12, 2009 that they are in process of releasing plans to the world for building a water fuel cell that they say produces enough hydroxy gas from water to run a generator to keep the electrolysis cell going as well as producing excess electricity for other use. In other words, it is a self-looped system with excess energy produced in the process.

HybridTech is presently involved in selling a hydrogen boost device for Semi-Trucks. It splits water into hydroxy gas which is then injected into the air intake of the engine to effect a more efficient burn of the fuel. They've been selling these for about eight months. They're also currently designing systems for agricultural and off road heavy equipment, as well as large units for locomotives and ships, and big torches.

www.peswiki. com

"A basic starter copy of the information regarding the construction of a fuel cell design that has been used recently to run a 3.55 kw generator, 100% on water, with enough energy left over to power home items. Of course, the generator was providing the power to the fuel cells as well."

pesn.com...

pesn.com...

Well, if this works, the importance of it should be obvious to everyone. Unplug from the grid! Power your home and your car with water! Woohoooo!!!

[edit on 23-11-2009 by MajorDisaster]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Quick! Send in the Physics Police! Someone is breaking the law!

Seriously though. I'll believe it when I have my own generator powering my home.
Scuttlebutt on the net is that you also get a pony with every order.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I looked at the pdf and it looks good so far.

I am going to play bureaucracy's advocate here and let you all know these devices will become main stream then the state governments are going to tax their use with cell phone technology mandatory on every device. 10,000 fine for not being equipped with one.

Whatever takes away tax money will be taxed. Count on it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

I support this Technology Very Much!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Rubbish. Whatever this guy is doing, hes not getting twice the energy out of a system that he puts in. The experiment hasn't been duplicated by anyone else yet. It won't be. No one will be able to duplicate the results this guy had. As a result, scientists won't accept this as a real phenomenon. That's how science works. But this guy will claim that scientists are all in on a conspiracy to suppress this discovery because Big Oil doesn't want such a thing, yadda-yadda-yadda.

That's assuming he can find any credible scientists to even perform the experiment, which probably isn't going to happen. This process, were it real, would violate the Second Law of Thermodynamics, which basically says you don't get more out of a (closed) system than you put into it. Scientists consider this a "Law" because it has never been shown to fail, and there is a theoretical underpinning that firmly supports the Law. It is theoretically possible that this Law might be broken, but it would require a massive amount of evidence to get anyone to believe it. If this Law turned out to be incorrect, it would make Einstein's revolution in physics look tame by comparison. There wouldn't be one branch of science that didn't need to be rewritten, if this were true. It would be the discovery of the millennium, the most important scientific discovery in the world. And it all started on the Internet, right?

But it's not true.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Send in the Physics Police!

I'm sure the thread is about to be flooded with them, yes...but if I understand what they're claiming, no thermodynamic laws are being violated at all. They're simply using water as fuel. The "200% efficiency" is not counting the fact that the system must be fed water.

It's no more a free energy device than a campfire is.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Here again, let's wait until a few of our resident tinkerers have had a chance to try it out before we pass final judgment on it, OK?

I do think that the "200% Efficient" title is a bit semantically challenged - by definition you can't have a system that's more than 100% efficient.

But, you can power a car by consuming gasoline, you can power a power grid by consuming coal - so why wouldn't you be able to power a generator by consuming water? Hydrogen contains a tremendous amount of energy

Also, the fact that they're willing to open-source it instead of asking for money speaks volumes!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here is his current website.

And his bio

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Thanks!

Though your second link needs to be fixed there, it's the same as the first.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oops.
Thanks,

Here is his bio

It looks like its a standard joe cell

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Here are a couple of sites with a bit of info on the cell and the designer.

Dr. Steven Eaton Fuel Cell. It has a link to a video of the Dr. and his working cell.

Applied Technologies LLC.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
well does anyone know how to calculate the efficiency of this devise?
i know that 12 volts X 23amps = 46watts
making 5liters of HHO a minute with 46 watts seems reasonable without breaking the laws of thermodynamics...

but i don't know for sure..

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by crash15

12volts X 23 amps = 46 watts hey? Someone better go back to school and re learn mathematics..

Hmmm, let's see. 120 watts divded by 12 volts = 10 amps
46 watts divided by 12 volts = 3.8 amps
23 amps x 12 volts = 276 watts

I cannot for the life of me, work out where you got 46 watts from?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Just looking at the video, the rate at which the gas was bubbling out of the hose before he tipped it over did not look anywhere near fast enough to push the water out of the bottle in 12 seconds. I really suspect that there was a hole in the bottom of the bottle, which the guy uncovered when he flipped it over, so it would drain that fast.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Finally! A perpetual motion machine! They've beat Dr. Greer to the punch! How can anyone believe this absolute B.S.? This reminds me of the story of the wise man, granted a wish by a king, who requested only that he receive enough rice to expotentially double the amount placed on each square of a chess board.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Reminds me of the Steorn's Orbo hoax... either way I call utter and complete Bull!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahajohn
Finally! A perpetual motion machine! They've beat Dr. Greer to the punch!

They are NOT claiming that this is a "perpetual motion machine"!

It's a fuel cell or generator that uses WATER as FUEL.

Water, as you should know, is two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen, and hydrogen contains a massive amount of energy, it's an excellent fuel. It's just a question of how to extract the hydrogen from the water efficiently.

Try to know what you're talking about before you post, OK?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I wonder if it can run using unfiltered sea water? Or does the water have to be filtered?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Okay, the typical "Perpetual Motion Machine!" and "Laws of Thermodynamics!" objections were totally expected.

Now what I want to know is, will anyone volunteer to actually try to build one from the specs and see if it works?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

Interresting. Course its still kinda big a bulky, wait a few months and they get it down to a more managible size. Then they'll charge everyone an arm & a leg to purchase one. So only the corporations and the wealthy will be able to afford them. The regular joe is still boning the goat sort of speaking.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join