It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

]What on God's Green Earth IS THIS THING??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I can't get embedded video to work

Below is some thing, that looks like something out of an Alien movie, it was filmed in the sewer by a remote camera.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

there you go i think its a mass of worms eating sh** lol

[edit on 23-11-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
there's a thread that stretches to 20 pages here, i think that the official story is that it's a ball of worms.

[edit on 23/11/09 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Tubifex (sludge worms) thats what it is.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
nasty little suckas

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What the hell, is it a colony organism? Or a single organism?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SirPaulMuaddib

It is a colony and they get there from people flushing them. they are used as live fish food for freshwater aquariums.
Here you go straight from the wiki:

Tubifex tubifex, also called the sludge worm, or sewage worm, is a species of tubificid segmented worm that inhabits the sediments of lakes and rivers on several continents. Tubifex probably includes several species, but distinguishing between them is difficult because the reproductive organs, commonly used in species identification, are resorbed after mating, and because the external characteristics of the worm vary with changes in salinity. These worms ingest sediments, selectively digest bacteria, and absorb molecules through the body wall.

The worms can survive with little oxygen by waving hemoglobin rich tail-ends to exploit all available oxygen. They can also survive in areas heavily polluted with organic matter that almost no other species can endure. By forming a protective cyst and lowering its metabolic rate, T. tubifex can survive drought and food shortage. Encystment may also function in the dispersal of the worm.

In 2009, colonies of tubifex worms were discovered in North Carolina sewer lines. Viral videos showing the colonies' blob-like appearance and individual worms resembling tentacles led to the speculation that they were some form of cryptid. [1][2][3] And they are very tall.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by triaxrob]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
It's the new H1N1 Virus.

We're gonna need a new cure for this type of Virus. The Cure, I think, Is gonna be a 12 Gauge...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
nasty little suckas

I know, I breed these suckers to feed to my fish.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Please, please let's not have this whole argument again.

It's tubifex. Although, this is really some cool footage and until that video, there hadn't been many videos of organized colonies like that.

[edit on 11/23/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
what type of aquarium fish eat these?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AOmonsta

Almost all aquarium fish can. You could feed freeze dried tubifex to anything from a goldfish or guppies to a number of tropical fish. But not all fish like them. Depends on the fish and what it is used to eating. Some reptiles eat them, too.

new topics

top topics

join