It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Approval for Healthcare Reform Falls Fast !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Only 38% approve.
The general idea sounds okay. Then the specifics come out.
Higher taxes during a severe recession? No!
Rasmussen Poll - Bad News for ObamaCare

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thats why I voted for Amy Klobuchar. She is the voice of the revolution!

-E-

[edit on 23-11-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Why is it that Obama can point to one poll as proof

"I think that we've restored America's standing in the world, and that's confirmed by polls,"

www.cnn.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But totally ignore polls like the one about healthcare.

Yes, Americans do want healthcare but not the pork filled bills they are offering.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
With poll numbers this bad, is it any wonder why they keep conducting the votes on late Sat. nights. Hey, the nation is sleeping lets squeak another one through.

The floor debates on this should get very interesting. I wonder how many angry Americans will storm Capital Hill during the debates.

With so many seats at stake in 2010, I am amazed that this monstrosity of bureaucracy has made it so far. The White House ATM must be working overtime. $300 million to Louisiana seems like just the tip of the iceberg.

The public has spoken. People want change but not at the expense of the taxpayer and other current insolvent programs. What's one more insolvent program/experiment between friends?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm not the least bit suprised. Ok, actually I am. I expected the approval number to be much lower than that! What this tells me is that there are still 38% of the US population too gullible and naive to understand what is happening here! How could 1/3 of our population be that stupid!?!?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
End the wars and spend that money on health insurance reform.

Demand full payback of all TARP funds, and use that money for heath insurance reform.

Repeal the Bush tax cuts and spend that money on health insurance reform.

So many ways to do it correctly, or at least more correctly, but hey, got to take care of the big special interests first, the people be damned.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You know they are going to pass this heaping pile of cow dung whether the American public wants it or not. This is like some sort of sick disease with the Libs. They are like gambing addicts who just bet away their savings and their cars, but they are just sure if they gamble the house they will win it all back.

It has to be a form of insanity on their part. Don't they realize that if it passes the news will be filled with facts about how this healthcare reform plan is a huge ripoff full of pork and special interests. This will play everyday until the 2010 elections where most of them will be run out of office.

Why would they want their name on a bill that almost nobody wants and that will create huge budget deficits?

[edit on 23-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

What this tells me is that there are still 38% of the US population too gullible and naive to understand what is happening here! How could 1/3 of our population be that stupid!?!?

It's called Liberalism.
Reason never comes into play with the liberals. It's merely "do it my way or else".

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

This is an example of why 38% still don't get it. They don't care to get it as long as they think somebody is handing them something for free.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhetoric

Lets skip the insurance and spend the money of health care.

I see no reason to enrich more middlemen.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

That clip just gets better and more relevant with each passing day. Gotta love the peaceful innocence of ignorance. If only life was that simple.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I'm not the least bit suprised. Ok, actually I am. I expected the approval number to be much lower than that! What this tells me is that there are still 38% of the US population too gullible and naive to understand what is happening here! How could 1/3 of our population be that stupid!?!?

Because....I would guess that about 1/3 of the people will benefit from this while the other 2/3 pays for it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Lets skip the healthcare all together and focus on the foundation of the nation.

1. We need to focus on being competitive in the global marketplace
2. We need to use less foreign oil... Drill baby drill!
3. If we are going to increases taxes then they MUST be used to pay down the debt.
4. Government and the "services" it provideds must be scaled down drastically, until the debt is paid off.

Then maybe when we get our house in order we can look at ways to extend coverage to more people. If you couldn't pay your bills and lived under a mountain of debt, would you run out and put all of your neighbors and families heathcare costs on your credit card? If so, how long do you think that would last?

[edit on 23-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Did you read the post I was replying to? They said rescind tarp, and use the war money to pay for insurance. I said just use it for health care. I think the services can be strengthened.

Yes I'm aware you'd rather the government never spent another penny ever again, but it's not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

this guy never ceases to amaze me. everytime he says 'we need to fix this' or 'we need to focus our energy on that' all i can think is 'please stop touching things.'

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

Did you read the post I was replying to? They said rescind tarp, and use the war money to pay for insurance. I said just use it for health care. I think the services can be strengthened.

Yes I'm aware you'd rather the government never spent another penny ever again, but it's not going to happen.

We are 12trilion dollars in debt and we face another 100trillion in unfunded liabilities. If you rescind TARP (which you cannot at this point) and stop the wars and have the extra saving from the war all of that would need to be used to reduce spending just to get cose to being in balance.

There is no more room to increase spending. Do you realize how much we pay in interest a year on the debt or the fact that we spend 25% of tax revenue on Medicare?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The post I was replying to was not about increasing spending. I was just stating I'd rather see money spent on health care, and not health insurance,

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

this guy never ceases to amaze me. everytime he says 'we need to fix this' or 'we need to focus our energy on that' all i can think is 'please stop touching things.'

You just summed it up for me.
We have a Toddler in the White House. Don't touch grandma's quality health care little Barry. Barry, grandma worked long and hard for that healthcare. Hand's off!

Barry needs a time out!!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

You are correct, up to a point. However, given a US National Debt of nearly 12 Trillion Dollars, with even the White House projecting an ANNUAL INTEREST on that debt at $700 Billion"

www.nytimes.com...

With the national debt now topping $12 trillion, the White House estimates that the government’s tab for servicing the debt will exceed $700 billion a year in 2019, up from $202 billion this year, even if annual budget deficits shrink drastically. Other forecasters say the figure could be much higher.

it will not be long, before this country defaults on debts. In other words, we are nearing the point of BANKRUPTCY for the United States. At that point, no one will even accept our currency. We are much closer to that, than most people realize.

This is a modern day parable, similar to the Grashopper and the Ant.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by Rhetoric

Lets skip the insurance and spend the money of health care.

I see no reason to enrich more middlemen.

Well said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join