It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious lights in the sky over Southwest Cape 21st Nov 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Check out these lights, powerserges in the homes of the residents etc..
Any ideas from you ATS super brains ??

Fox 4 received a flood of phone calls Saturday night around 10pm. Viewers reported power surges, and flashes of different colored lights in the sky over the water.

Callers from Southwest Cape Coral and Fort Myers Beach said they saw the lights flash in the sky for about forty seconds.

Some viewers even reported power surges in their homes, and trouble starting their cars along with the lights. Dispatchers with the Cape Coral Police Department didn't know the source of the lights.

LCEC spokersperson Karen Ryan said 5,000 customers on Sanibel Island are without power late this evening, but she did not know if the outage was related to the phenonmenom. LCEC is looking into it. Crews are on scene working to correct the outage, which could have been caused by fallen trees. We are working to find out more information.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Uh, lights no Fun ??

This is a huge thing, people couldnt even start their cars during the Light events, this is pretty huge.

Power Surges etc.. What can to such things, and dont say it happends all the time, caus it wouldnt have scared people and get on the news if it were ..

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Maybe it was some kind of aurora borealis, that we've never seen before, an intense stream of highly charged particles or something. (totally grasping at straws, cos that's the only thing I can't think of, if it was fireworks, it wouldn't have got this far)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
Maybe it was some kind of aurora borealis, that we've never seen before, an intense stream of highly charged particles or something. (totally grasping at straws, cos that's the only thing I can't think of, if it was fireworks, it wouldn't have got this far)

Good sugestions, but if you look carfully, you see the Light goes off at the same Spot every time, that aint Aurora.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It was a substation failure.
www.winknews.com...

[edit on 23-11-2009 by remymartin]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
It was a substation failure.
www.winknews.com...

[edit on 23-11-2009 by remymartin]

Good find, Case Closed .

Question though, can this make cars stall or not start as claimed in the video ??

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
would a substation fault create big lights like that in the sky, and if it did, wouldn't there be explosive noises? Not sure about that as a cover story, they said there was a fault that they haven't as yet identified. I'm pretty sure that they'd have known what was going on if their substation was lighting up like that!! Edit- Also, the lights seem to be above the clouds, but that may be a trick of the youtube video compression. (
)

*scratches chin*

[edit on 23/11/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It looks like an openair Houseparty, see them here all the time :p(in the summer)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Is there a stadium around there?
Sorry...had to ask.

I've personally never heard of a power outage causing cars not to start... I wonder if that part is even true. Sorry -- I've become very hardened waiting for "their arrival".

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Watch the video.

www.winknews.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I still wonder about this piece of the puzle though ?

Some viewers even reported power surges in their homes, and trouble starting their cars along with the lights. Dispatchers with the Cape Coral Police Department didn't know the source of the lights.

top topics

join