It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all of you who suffer from mental illnesses (anxiety&depression etc.)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticantiseptic

Please, do not take advantage of an emotional topic to seize another opportunity to preach.

Your religion may give you some sort of fulfillment, but would you tell a man dying of cancer to go to a church, rather than a doctor?

Religion is a personal choice, and I respect that. But in many cases, people have not sought proper treatment for their illnesses based off of religious ideas, and this topic is to help people.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I have bouts of anxiety with some very bad panic attacks. Sometimes I feel wonderful without a worry and sometimes all I can do is worry and panic. I want to add that I find it disturbing that on a site like ATS antidepressants are being promoted. I am completely against pharmaceuticals in all forms. They do more harm than they could ever do good. Research natural cures.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritintheShadows

Medication is not the only remedy but so called 'natural cures' are not necessarily the answer either.
As most people on here realise, there are different types and causes of depression. Then you need to factor in the individual and what works for them.
I think it's irresponsible to dismiss things that may help others - whether it is mainstream therapy or alternative.
It's called being open minded.

Mental health professional of over 20 years,

[edit on 23-11-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritintheShadows
I have bouts of anxiety with some very bad panic attacks. Sometimes I feel wonderful without a worry and sometimes all I can do is worry and panic. I want to add that I find it disturbing that on a site like ATS antidepressants are being promoted. I am completely against pharmaceuticals in all forms. They do more harm than they could ever do good. Research natural cures.

You don't believe that any medication in the market helps ANYONE? You make it seem like I'm pushing for big pharma to take over. NO I'm definitely not. And my op included much more than just information about medications. You do not have to use the links if you don't want too, I'm not holding a gun to your head. I posted this to help those who may be on the fence about getting professional help or not. I'm not saying it's always the route to go, but for some, it is vital to get help. I know therapy doesn't work for me, but I do know that without my medications I'd be going through hell right now.

With my medications I have been able to get my life together a lot, so I am not going to downplay how much they can help someone.

Until you have done as much research into the chemistry and history behind most medications and such as I have, don't start talking like you know everything please. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join