It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Plans Disaster Drill on Las Vegas Strip

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

FEMA Plans Disaster Drill on Las Vegas Strip

www.lasvegasnow.com

Las Vegas is the designated spot for a mock nuclear explosion planned by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

FEMA had planned to simulate a nuclear explosion right on the Las Vegas Strip to test for emergency preparedness. But the plan is meeting a lot of opposition from all the key players, including Boyd Gaming, MGM Mirage, the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce and the LVCVA.

“All of our focus should be on attracting visitors on reasons why they should visit Las Vegas, not inhibitors,” said Vince Alberta with the LVCVA.

LVCVA wrote a letter on behalf of those against the idea s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Looks like NLE 2010 is focusing an improvised nuclar device.

The exercise proposed would be in the area of Las Vegas in May 2010.

Just as the schedule for NLE's shows here

www.lasvegasnow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
In 1994 Stephen King released a mini series called "THE STAND".
Strangely it depicts in order
VIRUS
MARTIAL LAW
NUCLEAR STRIKE IN LAS VEGAS.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yes MGM Grand. Yes nuclear dirty bomb. The 7 phase plan includes a dozen cities and multiple nuclear devices. That's all open source material.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Wait what!?
Exactly what does this entail?

Originally posted by JJay55
Yes MGM Grand. Yes nuclear dirty bomb. The 7 phase plan includes a dozen cities and multiple nuclear devices. That's all open source material.

My ex girlfriend is in Las Vegas for another 7 months.. should I be worried?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
Wait what!?

No, don't be worried. We pay alot of money for people to protect the assets of the US.
Wait, your ex? Maybe you shouldn't care...

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Any chance this has anything to do with this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Nevada Nuclear Test Site - Strange and unusual activity?

I will admit that I find the choice of Las Vegas to be interesting. At a time when billions of dollars are being spent in order to revive the strip and generate profits, why do anything to disrupt business?

I don't really see how conducting a nuclear response test would hinder business in the long run, i do think that at this point they can not afford to forego even a few hours worth of potential business.

Plus, is it really in the public's interest to know how unprepared we really are for a nuclear attack? Of course it is! It furthers the fear of Iran having nuclear weapons.

Why they chose Vegas, I don't know. But I'm sure that the timing of this test is devised to make people more fearful of a possible nuclear attack and not less. I would bet a decent chunk of change on the fact that the results of how FEMA handles said exercise are far from stellar.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I wonder if they will keep it confined to a simple "puff" of smoke. Lets hope its not meant to go "live"

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Would be interesting to find out what Stephen King is writing about in his new book if he is writing one.
Why when coincidentals surround the likes of the Stephen Kings of this world, do we get told we are being paranoid and reading into nothing. If I wrote books like that I would be a terrorist or a fear monger.
Are we paying to read our own futures

off topic but it ties in

[edit on 23-11-2009 by flylead]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Why they chose Vegas, I don't know. But I'm sure that the timing of this test is devised to make people more fearful of a possible nuclear attack and not less. I would bet a decent chunk of change on the fact that the results of how FEMA handles said exercise are far from stellar.

Symbolism of Vegas, Sin City and disables the American fun and entertainment which we thrive on. Psychological blow to our lifestyle. Further, it's like blowing up the house before you leave for Mecca and don't plan on returning.

The reason for testing is because the local resources. It brings various people together that need to be together.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Do you know why Homeland Security is recruiting muslims?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by flylead
In 1994 Stephen King released a mini series called "THE STAND".
Strangely it depicts in order
VIRUS
MARTIAL LAW
NUCLEAR STRIKE IN LAS VEGAS.

You jumped from the beginning of the book right to the end, though.
The nuclear "strike" in Vegas was long after the virus had killed over 90% of the population and wasn't a strike so much as a flub up by the Trashcan Man, who brought an active nuke to the city to use against the "good" survivors in Boulder. A tremendous amount of activity happened between the martial law and the nuke event... including the complete collapse of all governments and the reformation of the remnants of survivors into two self governing communities of diametrically opposed moral philosophies separated by the Rocky Mountains and the state of Utah.

(I make this statement of correction only because I have been closely following the evolution of H1N1 and been reminded strongly of Captain Trips on more than one occassion of late.)

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by JJay55

Do you know why Homeland Security is recruiting muslims?

The reason is because they don't know any better. Most government officials don't know the first thing about Islam and think that muslims are Westernized... that's just not the case.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Theres something more to it than that isn't there? Power struggle?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by JJay55

Theres something more to it than that isn't there? Power struggle?

Not really. Agencies still don't share info like they were suppose to improve. There's been progress, like for instance something simple like 10 codes. Remember 10-4 meant "got the message", well a bunch of different police departments went to Katrina and found out that all 10 codes mean something different in different towns and no one could communicate. So DHS did away with 10 codes. So there's alot of government procedures that have to be brought up to speed because if something happens we aren't prepared in certain areas.
It's easy to write things off as conspiracy when we don't know details but there is no mystery really if we look into it.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Wait what!?

No, don't be worried. We pay alot of money for people to protect the assets of the US.

That's too funny.

Personally I would leave LA, but that's just me. Then again, getting nuked isn't the only reason I think people should leave that city heh..

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by silver tongue devil

Wait what!?

That's too funny.

Personally I would leave LA, but that's just me. Then again, getting nuked isn't the only reason I think people should leave that city heh..

I lived outside NYC for awhile and noticed the traffic, add a diaster and there is highway gridlock. Same with Katrina and hurricane evacuation, more people make it difficult to escape. A motorcycle would be a good alternative but I prefer not to live in a big city.
Terrorists take all this into consideration. They calculate logistics, death possibility, and how much they can inconvenience non-muslims with an attack. Take for example the beltway shooters. They had a metropolitan area in suspense, and that was 2 guys.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

By non-muslim you mean american right?

These guys are trigger happy, you think they take that into consideration before blasting?

BABEL, the movie. That little quote about confusing the language, lifted from the Bible.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

There is no such thing as renegade Islam terrorists.

There is only the consent of TPTB.

With that understanding, rephrase your point.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
All I know is, these bastards better not do it 12/23-12/27!!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join