It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the LHC there to find the force, i.e spiritual energies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Simple question is the LHC there to find the spiritual energies, like what star wars called the force.

So do you think the LHC will find the force?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
mayhaps,

what is cool about the LHC is that they dont really know what they will find. they are basically applying largenormous amounts of energies to minupulous bits of matter and smashing them into even more miupulous bits to see what those bits are made of.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The main reason why the lhc was built was to try and find the higgs boson. The particle that gives energy its mass.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
[whine]
I guess the scientists are just as sure about what they'll find as you and others are about the definition of 'spiritiual energy'. Is it the stuff you pass through your hands when healing someone with Reiki? Is it the stuff your soul is made of and remains so when you pass? Is it the stuff that makes telepathic communication possible, just as sound through air? Or is it the stuff that makes up different dimensions, so that aliens can walk among us? To me it seems unlikely that those energies should all be one and the same type, and if we would find some 'energetic particles' it would be incredibly hard to say what kind of energy we've found, as the LHC collision only supplies us with a handful of the tiniest particles in the universe.
[/whine]

So I don't think we'll find spiritual energies, even if the LHC collider would be able to create them. We just don't have any idea how to study those.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I recently heard a guest on Coast to Coast mention that "sources" inside the project say that the scientists are getting spooked, and that something seems to be sabotaging the project. He mentioned an evolving theory related to the god particle: that initiating actions to create or discover the higgs-boson are triggering a fundamental prohibitory force in the universe, and the continual failures are a result of this force acting to prevent the success of the LHC. In other words, "God" says we can't open this door.

Does anyone else know anything about this, or recall the Coast show where they talked about this?

[edit on 22-11-2009 by John_Brown]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
no i checked with mitchio kaku they're only looking for proof god exists.

(SHHHHHH.... Whatever you do don't tell right wing america that the Higgs Boson will disprove the existence of god rather the prove it, the so called 'god particle' performing one of the the final roles the god of the gaps has hidden in)

As for your question, i think psychic power could only be discovered by something with a mind? just my two cents but assuming that some extra-ability to perform magic of some kind exists we'll only find it by using it -so far no one has manged it.

In CERN they're just crashing some random particles together, Hadron particles as it goes this time - when the bits explode they look at all the fragments in the hope that it'll help them understand whats going on.

Well the theory is that when you know what somethings made of you can then start to work out how those bits interact and finally discover how it all fits together again.

If the universe is held together by will alone then i don't suspect just crashing two atoms will break any bits of the 'will' off or that they'll register on the sensors even if they did - i think Siddhartha said 'truth is within' and it's great advice, understanding the mechanics of the universe outside only serves to help us understand the real truth that is within all of us.

Oh and someone else said 'the search for superheros is a self effacing one, we're supposing that someone else should do what we aren't willing to try...' -we already have all the special super powers we need; rational thought, logic, vision, memory. etc, etc and with these we can do anything -it's just a shame to me many people would spend their time looking for more rather than using what we have.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Brown

Uh huh,"God particle"? A name fanatics choose to relate to the Higgs-Boson. I am quite sure that this has been mentioned before...

The LHC is an incredibly complex machine with hundreds of millions, if not billions of individual parts. Even if failure rates could be kept at say 1 part in 100 million (10ppb), the probability is that at any given time between 1 and 10 "parts" may fail. Normally, these would not be sensor plates or the actual magnetics, rather the electronic components like large thyristors, SCR's, high amperage Darlington pairs, resistors, capacitors, especially any semiconductor or integrated circuit.

Strictly statistically speaking, the higher the number of components working together, the higher the probability of a single constituent part failing. We live in an imperfect world, you just can't duck the stats.

Grasping at straws like, the God particle did it, it came back in time and corrupted the process is just puerile. One other consideration is that traveling back in time and changing events is paradoxical and also contravenes the laws of conservation of energy, mass, momentum and a host of others.

So if someone says the God particle did it, they aren't scientists and they certainly don't know science.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
um no, theyre trying to find the god particle, as indicated on their website

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The so called God particle is a misnomer. It is actually the God Dam* particle because it was so elusive. This was like the standing joke around the CERN camp. They shortened it to God particle for the media. There was never really a time that they thought they could find a god particle that could prove or disprove the existence of god. They were trying to find the actual particle in question was for another reason. ( what reason that was the article didn't make clear) But it's on the net someplace. Perhaps someone else can find it.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

oh yes i know about this, it's quiet a fascinating theory and it's been reported wrong in almost every news paper i've read...

Basically (and i mean VERY basically) every thing that can happen at a given point exists as a possible event, i could press any of they keys next for example - it's not until i press a key that the 'waveform collapses' and it's settled - this all comes from the debate about the double slit experiments done with photons and Schrödinger with his boxes of cats.. anyway...

Well cutting a very long story too short Schrodinger then put his friend in the box (metaphorically) - because only the friend would be aware if he was alive or dead and couldn't know that he was dead schrodinger proposed (to point out how silly this whole debate was) that his friend would have to survive... untill someone else opened the box and could choose the possibility that death had happened...

A tree of possible events is formed, at the moment we are at a point where soon the LHC will turn on or it will break again, if we assume that it is turned on and a massive event kills us ALL instantly then who is left to know about this? (yes jesus lovers this is the one point science needs a god for, to destroy the world but i digress)

The THEORY then goes that because we can't exist in a world we don't exist in and we need to exist to experience the world... we reset back to a point that we DO exist, the most likely next alternative that doesn't end in out death! This is of course that a stray coupling should do so much damage, etc, etc... It could be impossible to collide two hadron particles faster than a certain level, we might NEVER in all of history and science manage to do it.

It's been suggested that it's impossible to die, easy for other people to die but for that magic person who is using the word "I" it's absolutely impossible - test it out! haha you didn't did you? because it would be impossible, you WERE going to but then IT moved you to a existence where you didn't quiet trust me enough, every time you almost die it resets to a position you're safe... haha hmmm..... PLEASE dont try it.

Absolutely wonderful thought experiment, alas the world developed slowly over billions of years without us - or so we think - and "I" didn't exist before "I" was born......

so in short, its an interesting concept that blowing ourselves up isn't going to happen however it's also a load of old hogwash.....

some people, scientists among them - think that some agency from the future is sending spies back in time to make sure we don't destroy the earth - of course this makes no sense, you need a first time clear route before you start messing with the time lines, unless some crazy agency from a new dimension is trying to mess with our natural timeline - you can't go back in time and be your own grandfather but you CAN go back in time and kill your own grandfather as a child, the cern situation would be like the former not the latter.

anyway in the interest of full disclosure i should tell you that i only know most of this stuff because i met a time traveler (who didn't think smashing particles into each other was very interesting or dangerous /btw)

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
[edit on 22-11-2009 by Kargun]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy

The THEORY then goes that because we can't exist in a world we don't exist in and we need to exist to experience the world... we reset back to a point that we DO exist, the most likely next alternative that doesn't end in out death! This is of course that a stray coupling should do so much damage, etc, etc... It could be impossible to collide two hadron particles faster than a certain level, we might NEVER in all of history and science manage to do it.

It's been suggested that it's impossible to die, easy for other people to die but for that magic person who is using the word "I" it's absolutely impossible - test it out! haha you didn't did you? because it would be impossible, you WERE going to but then IT moved you to a existence where you didn't quiet trust me enough, every time you almost die it resets to a position you're safe... haha hmmm..... PLEASE dont try it.

I have thought along these lines many times being so close to death. It does seem as though whoever is living their reality can not die. Like everyone is in their own time line or universe. I wonder if this theory has a name?

new topics

top topics

join