It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can psychics help to solve crime?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Can psychics help to solve crime?

news.bbc.co.uk

Joe Power is a psychic medium who has worked with several UK forces trying to solve tough cases.

When asked if he has helped the police solve murders, there is no hesitation: "without a shadow of a doubt," he says.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I can understand the Police being reluctant to discuss the use of or admit to using psychics.

But the fact that their answers are so vague leads me to believe that this maybe widespread.

I feel sorry for the psychics, giving help but not receiving the recognition of their abilities, although I assume they're not doing it for that, but it would be nice!

If the US military deemed this worth investigating with the Stargate Project, then there may be something to it!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I read up on this some years back after watching an episode of john doe.

Most of it led me to believe that no police force will openly admit to ever using a psychic to solve an actual crime. I did look into some of the records and saw there were payments to services rendered by psychics.

I also found a website that was a forum for psychics who listed their accomplishments and sought to get better recognition. I will try to refind it, it's been a long time.

edit: Psychic detectives, not sure of the validity of all the claims.

[edit on 22-11-2009 by Seiko]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
none of them have found maddeline mcann have they ?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Mccann wasn't "found"which is true. But it is a two way street and much depends on the law to verify and utilize the information provided. It certainly isnt as if the psychics can provide exact gps coordinates to locate victims. Its up to law enforceement to use the information provided which as we know isn't widely done.

Psychics Dorothy Allison and one other were used in solving the John Wayne Gacy serial killer case. The only way in which the Detective on the case could use the information was to claim that it had originated from an anonymous tip. Otherwise he had said that the information sourced from a psychic would be discredited as well as ridiculed by his peers.

Phil Jordan in upstate New York is actually a psychic whom has been of such assistance in resolving cases he has been deputized.

Simply look at how DNA evidence is standard procedure in solving cases that would have been shelved in the past before DNA evidence was even understood.

I feel that psychics will gain wider acceptance as time goes on and law enforcement begins to shift its paradigm from the past.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

If the US military deemed this worth investigating with the Stargate Project, then there may be something to it!

And they deemed psychic goat killing worthy of our tax dollars too...hmm...

My only problem with self proclaimed psychics is that they use their "ability" to decieve people to make money.

I think psychic perception is a possibility - since we dont understand anything about the human brain - but i also think that physic detectives are fake.

The one thing a psychic will tell you when you refute their claims by saying "if you're physic, why dont you go win the lottery" is that they can't control their abilities.

But if they can't control them - then why are they able to summon them at will to help solve a crime?

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Psychics help police all the time and police support the psychic.

You have cases where psychics have had a sketch drawn of a criminal before the police even have a suspect.

There more open about this in America than in Europe but they use psychics to.

Here's some info about psychics and detectives:

www.victorzammit.com...

You can watch show after show and documentary's where police vouch for the psychic.

Police use Psychics just like they do polygraphs and forensic hypnosis.

I was just watching a show the other night where a Detective took a group of pictures to the psychic. He laid the pictures face down and asked the psychic did she sense anything about the pictures. She put her hand over the pictures and pulled three pictures out. They turned over the pictures and these three guys ended up being the killers.

You had the Detective and his partner vouching for the psychic.

Now do we believe the veteran detective who worked the case or the skeptics opinion?

There's a lot of evidence for Psi. There's more evidence for Psi than there is that asprin can help prevent a second heart attack.

Check out this lecture from Dean Radin on Psi. There's mountains of evidence and experiments that show Psi exists.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Thanks for that info, very interesting.

Am watching the YouTube video now, it's very long!

I am shocked that sometimes ATS members have such closed minds. If topics like this get laughed at on ATS, where the heck will they be believed?

Cheers again!

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I helped many times in solving cases,,,I still do too

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I too believe this is much more common than law enforcement is willing to admit. They seem to sometimes turn to it as a last resort in high profile cases. There was a series here for a while "Psychic Detectives" which I really enjoyed watching at times.

They went to Aruba to investigate Natalie Hollaway's death.
The psychic was on the beach in the area where she thought the body last was, and it was quite chilling. The account she gave, as Natalie reportedly gave it to her seemed so absolutely to be what would have happened. That Natalie was already way, way, too drunk for her small frame, and on top of that was given a date-rape drug, which started her seizing, and led to cardiac arrest.

The psychic had first gone to Birmingham, to obtain an item of Natalies' clothing, a tee-shirt she had worn while in Aruba, which her mother had not laundered.

On the other hand, I had a friend who went to a psychic in Atlanta to try to locate her lost cat! The woman charged a nice little fee, and sent my friend on a wild goose chase.

new topics

top topics

join