It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the new bomb shelter for the U.S. Government???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Beneath the White House would be a good start. Mount Weather would be another. Site R would be another. Norad is so outdated it's funny, numerous hits by nuclear weapons of high yeild warheads would make it dust.

Andrews air force base is another, Offeut air force base would be another, Dugway proving grounds. H@ll if we go Canada go's so why not fly up Canada where there could be one! Besides Canada is jointly runs Norad so why not?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by colec156

I see nothing in the article indicating the level of secrecy achieved of the city. Sure, not everyone knew about it, but I'm sure plenty did.

Take the U2 as an example. They had to get an altimeter built to 90kft. Sure, they fed the manufacturer some BS, but really, it was known some high altitude plane was in the works. No government, excluding the old Soviet Union, owns enough of the means of production to keep everything in-house.

Now I'm of the opinion the first people that should get nuked are the politicians, since they failed in their mission if the country gets nuked.

I agree with your last statement.

It is also true that people would know about things going on but that's where the secrets act comes into force here in the UK. They can't keep it quiet from everyone, but that's not to say the general population would ever be aware of whats going on.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The new Homeland Security Headquarters (the old St. Elizabeth's Hospital Center) will be built on top of a nine story deep bunker. Construction of the bunker was to begin Jan. 2010 so I guess any day now. Greenbrier (which I've taken a tour through) was only a fallout shelter not meant to withstand a blast with a depth of 60 ft. This new bunker evidently is to protect against a blast being deeper in the ground. It's total cu. ft. is 1.1 million, but that includes the long corridores leading out as well. I've been chastized for this crazy story but oh well. And some of you have mentioned Mt. Weather and tunnels and other things. There are infact underground monorails, plural, from D.C. to Mt. Weather, among other places.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by rygi23]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
I was wondering If anyone knew where the location of the new Bombshelter is for Congress and the Senate. It used to be under the greenbriar resort in Virginia but it is not being used anymore. Would anyone know where the new one is?? Any pictures of it perhaps??? Would be interesting to see that's for sure!!!!

If you have to ask you don't know. There are many shelters that shelter the civil government. There are two types of shelters. One for the government when conditions require a secure shelter and one that we have when conditions are considered "normal". We do indeed have a shadow government designed to deal with the incapatation of the executive branch. To tell you the truth I don't know how we deal with what is called in the trade as a "total suprise". I have been to several relocation shelters all over the earth, and no I'm not going to tell you where they are.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by brofjw

Can you post google earth or lat/long coordinates?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In its 1974 Annual Report, the Federal Preparedness Agency [FPA] stated that "Studies conducted at Mount Weather involve the control and management of domestic political unrest where there are material shortages (such as food riots) or in strike situations where the FPA determines that there are industrial disruptions and other domestic resource crises."

it's not just in case of nuclear war, also in case of insurrection. And, as someone already said, it's not THEIR money, and people in those circles of power are hardly going to leave ANYTHING to risk.

Though I'd also assume they haven't used mount weather, or planned on using it, since the 70's at the latest. Too well known which defeats a lot of it's purpose, security.

These aren't your hometown yokels, and it doesn't make you a paranoiac to assume that they'd have think tanks working on exactly these contingency plans.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join