It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the new bomb shelter for the U.S. Government???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

It's a secret you can't keep. Unless the area is very remote, people will see the construction. I've seen the dirt movers leaving Groom Lake at both Gate 700 and the back gate, and I hear Groom Lake is a pretty secretive place. ;-)

The COG sites seem to be very low profile, probably in care taker status. The one in Napa just has a chain across the road, though you never know what happens if you get closer. The construction was easily spotted by neighboros. It was one of those cases where the mysterious black helicopters turned out to be true.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would really like to know what is going to happen to the old greenbriar bunker now. If they have moved everything to Mt Weather what are they going to do with these old places???

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ARNOMANNN

I can't recall the name of the facility, but one of the old "secret" bunkers was sold to a bank for use as a safe.

There is also Site-R (Raven Rock). None of this stuff is secret.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
I would really like to know what is going to happen to the old greenbriar bunker now. If they have moved everything to Mt Weather what are they going to do with these old places???

Looks like its more or less a tourist attraction at this point.

www.greenbrier.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Yet they built the Huge complex at the greenbriar resort, there was no evidence for the existence of that until it was outed by a newspaper, so that proves that it is 100% possible, they must have moved millions of tons of rubble right under the noses of staff and patrons at the Hotel, yet nobody noticed a thing.

I do believe that the network does exist, I also believe it is a lot bigger than anyone could imagine, several years ago, I got into the subject big time, it fascinated me, I researched everything I could get my hands on, ripped the Internet apart, I would come across stories, of people who inadvertently happened to find themselves in tunnels and places which matched the descriptions of what had been told, and what I could imagine the tunnels to look like.

But what I found even more fascinating, was soon after I would find the stories, and point them out to other people, as the stories or websites with the stories would get more visitors, the stories would disappear like they never existed, usually stories from Urban explorer groups, who would share all their discoveries, they would blog everything, but then they just stopped, like they had given up what just a few weeks before would seem like their entire reason for existing, I found that incredibly weird and strange.

You can still find some if you look hard enough, or if it is a recent discovery, if you find some stories like that, make sure you bookmark it, then in a few weeks go back, I think you will see what I mean.

I gave up in the end, I couldn't keep up with them, but when I do come across them in future, I have plans to save everything I can, and away from my computers, one day someone will get enough for a great thread about them if they save the web pages off line, it's a subject a lot of people are well into.

To add, I am sure someone else here can back this up, maybe with a link?

There are patents listed somewhere, for a nuclear tunneling machine, that not only can cut through ( if I remember right) 7 miles of solid rock each day, with temperatures high enough, to use and turn all the waste to line the tunnels with a kind of glass, similar to Volcanic glass, allowing them to be used as a huge vacuum , and allow phenomenal speeds, I am certain I have seen the link to that patent and others like it here on ATS, the patents belong to Scientists working for the Los Alamos Laboratories, going back to the 1970's or 1980's.

I also remember a still video capture along side the video, which was filmed inside a FEMA bunker (which do exist) the picture was taken from the video, and in the background on one of the huge wall screens (like mission control at Houston) there was a map of the USA, and it had lines all over the map which looked like a Transite system, but did not match up to existing roads or routes, on some of the lines you could see several blips, like something was using the system, a TRAIN perhaps?

Someone must remember? there was a lot of discussion on whether it was a genuine picture, but was backed up with a video, the image was only visible for a split second or so, I found it intriguing, I wonder what the outcome of the investigation was, I need to go searching when I get a chance, but someone must remember? it was about 18 months ago or a bit longer but it was here.

Again to add, the thread was not about the picture or the video, it was included in a post during the thread by another member, I am sure the thread was about Dulce however, but could be wrong.

[edit on 24/11/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

If a newspaper had to find the site, that means about 50 people already found it. The neighbor is always the best snoop. This is because they have a baseline of the area. They knew how it looked before the construction started. They knew the traffic patterns in the area. Using google earth is only half the story, though the history function can be useful.

I doubt the nuclear tunneling machine was ever used. You can patent all sorts of crap. You just have to convince the USPTO that you idea could work. You don't need to produce a working device. If the nuclear bore machine existed, I'm sure it would have been used for Yucca Mountain.

Regarding a coast to coast underground train being built, this is just laughable. Even the soil analysis would have attracted attention. I can't even comprehend how many soil samples would have to have been analyzed for the project, with each one requiring a bore hole. Then you have to ventilate the tunel. The ventilation for the underground tunnels at the NTS is huge undertaking. Then there is the issue of powering the train. Seriously, this isn't reality.

Now there are lots of tunnels in DC. Vegas too. But not on a continental scale.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Building underground networks, factories, towns and even cities has been well within reach of anyone who has money, power and authority. When the allies won WWII and proceeded to sweep across Germany and Eastern Europe they discovered all kinds of dazzling and vast subterranean factories, laboratories, headquarters, etc. Many of these facilities yielded tachnologies that were plundered by us and the Russians throughout the rest of the 1940's. This material was siezed, reverse engineered and improved by both sides. The existence of these things was often hidden from the public and was reserved strictly for military eyes and use only. This was 70 years ago, the better part of a century. What do you suppose became of not only the technology, but the tendency to build highly secure facilities to hide it? Such facilities weren't just to hide such materials, they were also to give important people, scientists and officials a secure place to retreat to in case of...well...in case of anything.

Also after WWII, not only were all these plundered technologies brought to the U.S. and Russia...but also the men who were responsible for the technologies were also brought over...hundreds of geniuses and masterminds who had formerly worked for the German Reich were now working for...or within...the U.S. government. One of these was Werner von Braun, the father of NASA. He had many colleagues with the same heritage as he did. They were well-received by such important figures as Lyndon B. Johnson. It was during this period (1960's) that secret black projects really took off, because it got U.S. approval.

The Nazi scientists were contuing with their projects and goals with money supplied by U.S. citizens. Their style is unmistakable. Now their grandchildren and great-grandchildren and all the nice American friends they made are continuing the tradition right underneath U.S. soil.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by brofjw

That's true but it still doesn't answer the question.... Where is it now?? I mean..Where is the bunker for the U.S. Government?????

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Which one?

There are lots.

Thats the point.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Would you know where I can find a list of these??

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I think the list would be pretty difficult to complete. As for building these mass bunkers you don't have to hide the fact they have been created you have to hide the reason. Everybody would look at piles of dirt and loads of cement behind a do not cross sign and say "Hello!"

However nobody would question loads of dirt and tons of cement being delivered if the government formed a shadow company and then made contract to produce a new "hotel" or a new "resort" that sort of thing. Then a little budget snafu, few million dollars for a hammer and boom underground bunker.

[edit on 2-12-2009 by Hagbard_Celine]

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

"Top Secret Tourism" by Harry Helms. Here is a shocker for you. Not everything is on the internet.

It's a small book. Don't expect much depth about each facility. It's just a guide to where they are located and a page or two about their mission.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by brofjw
Don't know any hearsay on it, but I DO know that the Uncle Sam has been buying up land in a chain in the east valley of the Kittatinny Mtn's which border NJ/PA. These mountains become the Shawangunk Mtns in NY and the trend of gov't land purchasing continues up there too. We're talking nearly a 40 to 50 mile swath. One farm acreage after another. It began in the 60's with the eminent domain siezure of hundreds of thousands of acres of land in NJ near Port Jervis, NY for the purpose of building a huge reservoir. They took the land and destroyed structures and claimed roads...but they never built the reservoir. Instead, military intallations were built and trucks and similar vehicles were brought in. They still use it to this day. Occasionally state route 209 is closed down in the park known as the Delaware Water Gap (a national park). Ok, this part IS hearsay...but it's from a reliable source: My former boss on the survey crew on which I worked. He said when the section of highway was closed, military vehicles were seen coming and going for days until the road reopened. Anyway, I do know through my own eyes, that the gov't has bought land connecting a chain from the former "reservoir" lands, all the way up to the area near Kingston, NY. The swatch generally follows the Wallkill River which flows from NJ to the Kingston area...and I might add that it's one of the few rivers in the world including the Nile which flows from South to North. Ponder THAT.

Here are some other facts about these lands:

1. The gov't tried to build a supercollider (atom smasher/proton accelerator) here in 1987. They lost a land battle with the residents, ANOTHER attempt at eminent domain. WHOA! Ponder that too...

2. The area has been a frequent UFO hotspot for decades.

3. The gov't has built all kinds of underground structures nearby in NJ, including old ICBM sites.

4. Verizon service does not work in the Delaware Water Gap area as you cross the PA/NJ/NY border within typical tower range of the military installations. Verizon is by the way owned by VODAPHONE, a Birtish company. Ponder that. Maybe Uncle Sam doesn't like foreign competition.

5. The area is also the site of many old Indian legends...like the Thunderbird, a mysterious bird that rumbles through the sky...and other winged freakish things.

6. The area has some of the most fertile farmland in the Northeast. It is known as the Blackdirt Country, and is the bed for the famous onions farms and the iconic "Jersey Tomato". Now if I wanted to create a place where my people could sustain themselves, what better place than a place where the soil can yield a mega-harvest of staple crops? The gov't owns thousands of acres of FORMER PRIVATE FARMS in this area. Hmmm....

Ok... Ponder on.

Hey your post just made me join the forums!

I actually live in Warwick, NY which is the main township of the black dirt region or Pine Island, NY. I literally live 5 minutes from the farms. I've lived here for 10 years and neither have I heard of any of these things you describe nor have I ever seen anything unusual that I can remember. I frequently ride my moped at night during the summer and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Although I've yet to actually ride around in the flat farm land. (I plan on going on plenty of day and night rides once my friends get their mopeds running too. It gets boring riding alone haha.)
Could you post more information because I'm really interested now hahaha

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

"Top Secret Tourism" by Harry Helms. Here is a shocker for you. Not everything is on the internet.

It's a small book. Don't expect much depth about each facility. It's just a guide to where they are located and a page or two about their mission.

I've wanted to read this for some time but can't find anywhere in Australia that stocks it.

Hmm.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

If the secret was out and we knew the location of the bunkers then they would have to build them all over again in a new location.

Wouldn't a new secret super construction project create jobs?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by switching yard

You dig dirt, you need to get rid of it. This is very visible. You buy cement, somebody has to make it, deliver it, etc Construction on the scale you suggest can't be done in secret.

Doh!

The boring machine videos and stills are from the NTS. Tunneling in mountains can be done. A mountain is generally stable soil else it wouldn't be a mountain any more. Tunneling coast to coast is quite different.

Once again, not a shred of proof has been provided that these trains exist, but don't let logic and facts get in your way.

Unless the facilities were build under the umbrella of being something else.
Here in the UK were had a massive city build under Wiltshire that not too many people knew about and those that did were singed to the official secrets act. This city is not longer used.
www.bbc.co.uk...

It can be done.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Antartica seems big enough, just my 1 cent

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by colec156

I see nothing in the article indicating the level of secrecy achieved of the city. Sure, not everyone knew about it, but I'm sure plenty did.

Take the U2 as an example. They had to get an altimeter built to 90kft. Sure, they fed the manufacturer some BS, but really, it was known some high altitude plane was in the works. No government, excluding the old Soviet Union, owns enough of the means of production to keep everything in-house.

Now I'm of the opinion the first people that should get nuked are the politicians, since they failed in their mission if the country gets nuked.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Didnt Biden make another gaff 6 months ago that revealed where it was?

www.boomantribune.com...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by CanadianDream420]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
Come on people, they are in Colorado mostly.

This stuff is all over the internet.

Not a very well kept secret if you ask me.

It must be somewhere close to Washington DC.....afterall...everybody important lives near their work and if you need to be protected in the next 20 minute or so you shouldn't have to take a taxi, book a flight and take a taxi again......if you can get one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join