It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by ARNOMANNN
I would really like to know what is going to happen to the old greenbriar bunker now. If they have moved everything to Mt Weather what are they going to do with these old places???
Originally posted by brofjw
Don't know any hearsay on it, but I DO know that the Uncle Sam has been buying up land in a chain in the east valley of the Kittatinny Mtn's which border NJ/PA. These mountains become the Shawangunk Mtns in NY and the trend of gov't land purchasing continues up there too. We're talking nearly a 40 to 50 mile swath. One farm acreage after another. It began in the 60's with the eminent domain siezure of hundreds of thousands of acres of land in NJ near Port Jervis, NY for the purpose of building a huge reservoir. They took the land and destroyed structures and claimed roads...but they never built the reservoir. Instead, military intallations were built and trucks and similar vehicles were brought in. They still use it to this day. Occasionally state route 209 is closed down in the park known as the Delaware Water Gap (a national park). Ok, this part IS hearsay...but it's from a reliable source: My former boss on the survey crew on which I worked. He said when the section of highway was closed, military vehicles were seen coming and going for days until the road reopened. Anyway, I do know through my own eyes, that the gov't has bought land connecting a chain from the former "reservoir" lands, all the way up to the area near Kingston, NY. The swatch generally follows the Wallkill River which flows from NJ to the Kingston area...and I might add that it's one of the few rivers in the world including the Nile which flows from South to North. Ponder THAT.
Here are some other facts about these lands:
1. The gov't tried to build a supercollider (atom smasher/proton accelerator) here in 1987. They lost a land battle with the residents, ANOTHER attempt at eminent domain. WHOA! Ponder that too...
2. The area has been a frequent UFO hotspot for decades.
3. The gov't has built all kinds of underground structures nearby in NJ, including old ICBM sites.
4. Verizon service does not work in the Delaware Water Gap area as you cross the PA/NJ/NY border within typical tower range of the military installations. Verizon is by the way owned by VODAPHONE, a Birtish company. Ponder that. Maybe Uncle Sam doesn't like foreign competition.
5. The area is also the site of many old Indian legends...like the Thunderbird, a mysterious bird that rumbles through the sky...and other winged freakish things.
6. The area has some of the most fertile farmland in the Northeast. It is known as the Blackdirt Country, and is the bed for the famous onions farms and the iconic "Jersey Tomato". Now if I wanted to create a place where my people could sustain themselves, what better place than a place where the soil can yield a mega-harvest of staple crops? The gov't owns thousands of acres of FORMER PRIVATE FARMS in this area. Hmmm....
Ok... Ponder on.
Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by ARNOMANNN
"Top Secret Tourism" by Harry Helms. Here is a shocker for you. Not everything is on the internet.
It's a small book. Don't expect much depth about each facility. It's just a guide to where they are located and a page or two about their mission.
Originally posted by wiredamerican
If the secret was out and we knew the location of the bunkers then they would have to build them all over again in a new location.
Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by switching yard
You dig dirt, you need to get rid of it. This is very visible. You buy cement, somebody has to make it, deliver it, etc Construction on the scale you suggest can't be done in secret.
The boring machine videos and stills are from the NTS. Tunneling in mountains can be done. A mountain is generally stable soil else it wouldn't be a mountain any more. Tunneling coast to coast is quite different.
Once again, not a shred of proof has been provided that these trains exist, but don't let logic and facts get in your way.
Originally posted by 12.21.12
Come on people, they are in Colorado mostly.
This stuff is all over the internet.
Not a very well kept secret if you ask me.