It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu: Strain resistant to Tamiflu spreads between UK hospital patients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Swine flu: Strain resistant to Tamiflu spreads between UK hospital patients

www.telegraph .co.uk

Five patients on a unit for people with severe underlying health conditions at the University Hospital of Wales, in Cardiff, were diagnosed with swine flu that is resistant to the drug
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Lets be honest this never truly was a treatment. I fear this news though, what happens next? Maybe a more extreme and deadly vaccine. Tamiflu is not a cure but a dormant killer, to me this goes to show that this was no cure but something a lot more sinister. But this maybe the start of the 2nd more deadly wind of swine flue that they have been talking about.

www.telegraph .co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I myself got a "your at risk" type leaflet in the post today which I promptly shredded and put in the bin.
Ironic that theres calls for EVERYONE in Wales to be vaccinated with Tamiflu, despite now saying theres a strain which is immune to it. A vast difference to the claims that we should only be getting Tamiflu if we actually HAVE the virus, now there just vaccinating the public for the sake of it. I still call shenanigans on the whole deal, especially as Mexico and all other countries have long since recovered from it.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Tamiflu is an anti-viral that lessens symptoms by one day.

Its hardly some form of wonder drug/cure - it never was.

So the fact that its failing is hardly a suprise.

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
what a load of crap but im sure it will be repackaged or altered to fool the people into thinking its like a cancer curing tablet

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Tamiflu is not a cure - it just reduces the symptoms of flu (by about a day)

They are telling us that the virus has MUTATED to become immune to the benefits of Tamiflu .......If the virus has mutated then wouldn't this render the vaccine useless???

I am sick of being fed BS continually by the media and so called Scientifc community

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
I myself got a "your at risk" type leaflet in the post today which I promptly shredded and put in the bin.
Ironic that theres calls for EVERYONE in Wales to be vaccinated with Tamiflu, despite now saying theres a strain which is immune to it. A vast difference to the claims that we should only be getting Tamiflu if we actually HAVE the virus, now there just vaccinating the public for the sake of it. I still call shenanigans on the whole deal, especially as Mexico and all other countries have long since recovered from it.

There are no calls for everyone to be vaccinated with Tamiflu.

The vaccinations are not Tamilflu. Tamiflu is not a vaccination.

Vaccinations and Tamiflu are different things. Tamiflu is an antiviral used after the patient gets a viral infection. It's no more a vaccination than aspirin is. Swine flu immunisation is a preventative, not a treatment, and should never be used on a person who already has the disease.

Tamiflu has been terribly overused, as the WHO is controlled by drug companies, and gives out advice they dictate to make them even wealthier, not to make us well. They have recommended everyone infected with swine flu be given Tamiflu, and panicked people are using it for all sorts of minor infections and to prevent infection. So the swine flu virus has ample opportunity to pick up an immunity to a drug which should have been reserved for serious cases.

Tamiflu is no wonder-drug, nor is it a killer. Like many pharmaceuticals it can play a useful role, but the good from it is outweighed by the damage greed-driven drug companies do by pushing it onto everyone.

The same greed is driving the drug companies to pressure governments into passing laws to prevent vaccine makers being sued, even if they kill, injure us or leave us sterile, and to mandate injections with their practically untested poisons.

new topics

top topics

join