It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 dumbest things sarah palin has ever said

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
sarah palin is NOT presidential material. I fear for america if she ever gets into office, it will be the end of the world as we know it. Listen to just some of the stupid things she has said in the past.

sarah palin quotes

1. The News Makes Me Sad ... So I Don't Watch It

Sarah Palin at a North Carolina fundraiser:

"At those times on the campaign trail when sometimes it's easy to get a little bit discouraged, when, you know, when you happen to turn on the news when your campaign staffers will let you turn on the news ... Usually they're like "Oh my gosh, don't watch. You're going to, you know, you're going to get depressed."

Maybe her handlers could put on a puppet show instead?

2. The People Don't Elect U.S. Presidents, God Does

Upon being asked by James Dobson if the McCain ticket's precipitous slide in the polls gets her down:

"It strengthens my faith, because I'm going to know, at the end of the day, putting this in God's hands..."

god does not vote.

3. Palin Believes in "Divided" States of America

At a fundraiser:
"We believe that the best of America is in these small towns that we get to visit, and in these wonderful little pockets of what I call the real America."

Palin later apologized for the statement. But her backpedaling shouldn't get her off the hook for putting forth a deeply divisive vision of America.

4. The Vice President Is Supreme Boss of the Senate

Here's what Palin said when Brandon, an elementary school student, asked: "What does the vice president do?"

"That's something that Piper would ask me! ... They're in charge of the U.S. Senate."

saying the vice president (who is only nominally head of the U.S. Senate) makes policy changes through Senate legislation reveals an embarrassing ignorance of the government's system of checks and balances.

5. Delusional Response to Troopergate

"Well, I'm very, very pleased to be cleared of any legal wrongdoing ... any hint of any kind of unethical activity there,"

Again, denial and lies, a deep aversion to reality, not the best ways to signal your commitment to "change".

6. Vicious Attack on Obama

The following quote needs little introduction. It's famous now, not only for its inaccuracy but also for how much this line of attack has fallen flat with voters and backfired on the McCain campaign:

"Our opponent though, is someone who sees America it seems as being so imperfect that he's palling around with terrorists who would target their own country."

Outright deception is probably not something the American voters are looking to put in the White House; pretty sure they've had enough of that in the past eight years.

7. The Lord is a Pollster

While speaking in North Carolina, Palin decided to take a moment to thank God for a very small bump she and McCain experienced in their otherwise sliding poll numbers.

"We even saw today, thank the Lord, we saw some movement."

People often thank God for things that appear to be outside the realm of divine intervention. An incredibly small bump in the polls though? Seems excessive.

8. America's Teachers' Rewards Are in Heaven (but Nowhere to Be Found on Earth)

In the vice presidential debate, Palin had this to say about Sen. Joe Biden's wife's career in education:

"You mentioned education, and I'm glad that you did. I know education you are passionate about with your wife being a teacher for 30 years, and God bless her. Her reward is in heaven, right?"

America's teachers should not have to wait until heaven; they should be praised and rewarded right here on Earth. Possibly with living-wage salaries.

9. I Read ... All the Publications

When Katie Couric asked Palin the complex trick question of where she gets her news, the two women had the following exchange:

Couric: And when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this -- to stay informed and to understand the world?

Palin: I've read most of them again with a great appreciation for the press, for the media --
Couric: But what ones specifically? I'm curious.

Palin: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me over all these years.

Couric: Can you name any of them?

Palin: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news.

With all of the intensive reading Palin has done over the years, it's a wonder she's had time to do other important things, like govern Alaska and learn to play the flute.

10. A Little Wet Behind the Ears ...

During the vice presidential debate, when Palin was asked which policy plans proposed by the McCain-Palin ticket would have to suffer due to the current economic crisis, Palin gave a pretty dubious response: none.

"And how long have I been at this, like five weeks?"

Thats not dumb at all. insert sarcasm here.

Do some of you honestly think she is presidential material?

For the sake of the world I sure hope not!

[edit on 20-11-2009 by RoyalCanadian]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
sarah palin is NOT presidential material. I fear for america if she ever gets into office, 4. The Vice President Is Supreme Boss of the Senate

Here's what Palin said when Brandon, an elementary school student, asked: "What does the vice president do?"

"That's something that Piper would ask me! ... They're in charge of the U.S. Senate."

saying the vice president (who is only nominally head of the U.S. Senate) makes policy changes through Senate legislation reveals an embarrassing ignorance of the government's system of checks and balances.

I think you just fear strong conservative women.

According to the Constitution the Vice-President is 2nd in line to the Presidency and President of the Senate. Policy changes could be made by the Vice President if the Vice President is called upon to break a tie in the Senate.

BTW Obama did pal around with terrorists, specifically Bill Ayres. The only thing vicious about this was the drive-by media total ignoring of this, and his relationship with his racist pastor Rev Wright.

One of the "smartest" things Palin ever said? "A small town mayor is just like a community organizer, except that they actually have responsibilities."

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalCanadian

1.Not sure why you really care if you are Candian.

2. Keep attacking her..it just brings more attention on her and helps drive up her poll numbers.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
And one can only imagine the multitude of questionable things Obama may say! Which is why he's not allowed out without his teleprompter!

Do you recall what he said about America's "57 States"?!

And his "Muslim faith" .."Uh,I mean,my Christian faith."

But you know what? Obama has "truth squads" that defend against anyone questioning what he says!

I can provide links if you don't remember!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

2. Keep attacking her..it just brings more attention on her and helps drive up her poll numbers.

actually im hoping to drive DOWN her poll numbers to save america from destruction.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

yawn. where do i begin....

1. obama has been to 57 states

2. obama thinks asthmatics use 'breathalizers'

3. obama thinks troops are a 'great photo op'

4. obama never knew the views of the preacher who's church he attended for decades

5. obama was unaware acorn was receiving significant federal funds

6. obama thinks 'pork' is the 'point' of effective economic stimulus

7. obama thinks a pain-pill is an efficient alternative to a pacemaker

8. obama gives a "shout-out" instead of addressing a home grown terrorist attack

9. obama doesn't know the difference between a congressional medal of honor and a congressional medal of freedom. he also thinks they are 'won' as opposed to awarded.

10. obama wants his kids left out of the 2008 election coverage

do these 10 facts belong on ats? probably not. neither do yours.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

So are you basically admitting that "strong conservative woman" and "idiot" are synonyms? Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Sarah Palin, Katherine Harris, Lisa Murkowski, Michelle Bachmann...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is one Canadian who isn't your average limp wristed nanny state loving ultra left winger who's been brainwashed on a daily basis by the likes of the CBC and the ultra biased MSM in this country. I'm one of a group of people who fit into the 49.8% income tax bracket range and keep Canada afloat economically. What takes place south of the border in the U.S., hits guys like myself in the pocket book when leaders like Obama inject uncertainty into the markets. Having a future national debt well into the trillions of dollars tends to make investors a wee little bit apprehensive about trading. There's plenty of guys like myself up here in Canada who are quite fond of Mrs. Palin and her conservative values and look forward to when Obama is gone.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
And one can only imagine the multitude of questionable things Obama may say! Which is why he's not allowed out without his teleprompter!

Do you recall what he said about America's "57 States"?!

And his "Muslim faith" .."Uh,I mean,my Christian faith."

But you know what? Obama has "truth squads" that defend against anyone questioning what he says!

I can provide links if you don't remember!

Edge, why don't you do one better and create a competing thread with all of Oboma's stupid quotes?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Like Frank Zappa said, "Politics is the entertainment branch of Industry".
The cult of celebrity on ATS Has turned it into just another website.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

How come alot of americans say why do others care about american politics but you will see hundreds of americans commenting on a thread about the iranian prime minister, or a thread on russia, or china or india or anything.

How come?

The country who's govt. puts it's nose in foreign affairs of other nations 24hrs a day 7days a week, it's citizens don't like other countries talking about american politics?

why?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I don't believe Sarah Palin is presidential material, nor do I believe Barack Obama is presidential material. Just saying.....

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I think you just fear strong conservative women.

i think your only talking points are strongly absent of thought and logic. There is nothing 'strong' about Sarah Palin other than her infinite lack of intelligence.

Just because someone is an idiot, doesn't mean we fear their potential. Which in Palins case is ZERO.

People, like me, dislike Sarah Palin for reasons that you will never understand. Allow me to demonstrate (Jon Stewart always says things with an eloquence i could never dream of achieving)

Unfortunately - youtube search services suck - so i will havet o give you a link to the video...since youtube sucks

Click Here and you'll finally understand what reasonable people find wrong with this idiot of a woman.

Sarah Palin is not Presidential Material. I honestly don't even believe a large chunk of conservatives see her as such.

But they do see her as something that annoys the ever loving PISS out of anyone who thinks differently from a conservative republican.

So, just like the 9 year old bully on the playground who throws tire chips at you because he knows it makes you cry- they'll continue to flaunt Palin in our faces until we start ignoring her.

Sarah Palin *is* an idiot.
But so is Tim Robbins.

Just let it go - don't let them see how angry their worshiping of an idiot can make you.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by Snarf]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hate to dignify this thread with a response.

Why do you feel compelled to go down, and it is downward, this route?

How does this add to any political dialogue?

Every politician has two handfuls or more of stupid sounding statements, do you want to keep slinging such mud around?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

sarah palin is NOT presidential material. I fear for america if she ever gets into office, it will be the end of the world as we know it.

If you don't think she is Presidential material, then why open up a thread about her.

You and others are merely bringing her back into the spotlight every time you bring up her name. I have never seen a losing VP candidate get so much attention in my life.

Are people attacking her because they are afraid that she does have the potential to rally people to her side and win the election or are people out to destroy her because she became an instant celebrity?

IMO, Palin lives to fight another day simply because many of you make it a point to keep her in the spotlight.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

How come alot of americans say why do others care about american politics but you will see hundreds of americans commenting on a thread about the iranian prime minister, or a thread on russia, or china or india or anything.

How come?

The country who's govt. puts it's nose in foreign affairs of other nations 24hrs a day 7days a week, it's citizens don't like other countries talking about american politics?

why?

well, to put it short and succinctly (but stay above the one liner limit) the problem is that while everyone feels free to comment, it would be good if they actually knew how our government ran in the first place so they actually had a clue as to what they were talking about.

Secondly, if you're going to bring this up, don't conveniently forget how other countries cry foul when we start criticizing their government as well.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

ah, you know, you stink of fear. Reading through this post, Yes, I think it is true that you seem to mostly fear women in power, especially strong female characters. Honestly, all your talking points were reaching for their conclusion pretty far, and were just basic overinflammatory absurdity.

I mean, it's like people who listen to John Stewart for actual political views, and forgetting he's a comedian with a stand up routine and a show based around it. People actually take him for real, and that's just as laughable as it is scary.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
well, to put it short and succinctly (but stay above the one liner limit) the problem is that while everyone feels free to comment, it would be good if they actually knew how our government ran in the first place so they actually had a clue as to what they were talking about.

His place of living is irrelevant
you mean to say americans all know how their govt. runs?
really?
If every american understood this then you'd have a much better running system.

So place of living is irrelevant.

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
Secondly, if you're going to bring this up, don't conveniently forget how other countries cry foul when we start criticizing their government as well.

Other countries don't have military bases here in the U.S.

Other countries don't try to prop up puppet govt.s here.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
OP, I see you really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel to come up with 10 things. Out of the 10 only 2 or 3 are dumb statements. I mean, #7 and 8 ---- come on!
We can see through your weak logic.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

All folks in the constant public eye say stupid things. Give her a break. Just last week Joe Biden said "its all about a three letter word --- JOBS".

You may be right in your list and you might be wrong. I, however am exactly right in stating the smartest thing she ever said and that was "YES" to McCain when he asked her to be his running mate. She has no desire to run for office again, at least not national office. Estimates are that she will make close to $50m on this book and there are movie rights under discussion. She's a whole lot smarter than you think. Doing this media blast, getting folks like you worked up, getting the MSM out hammering her just makes folks head down to Barns & Noble to buy her book. She is making a fool out of all of you folks who hate her and she will continue to do it because you CAN'T stop! Once the hard cover book sales quiet down she'll go hang out with her kids. When the paperback comes out she'll be back doing the rounds. Same with the movie.

You might as well just send her a check because its folks like you that are making her a ton of dough. Whether or not you know it, she LOVES you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join