It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could you meet yourself and end in a BANG ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
yes !

could it be that you (matter) meets yourself
identical (anti-matter) and touching eachother ending with a big BANG ?

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
But how is this anti-matter 'you' able to exist in our normal universe?

You are right about matter and anti-matter, but I don't know about meeting an antimatter person.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have no idea what the # you are on about, science isn't my strong point. Do explain....*sits and listens*

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
is it possible that a living being can be made out of anti matter?...I didnt think so...but enlighten me...

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
could you meet yourself and end in a BANG ?
do u mean that when the univers has expanded to a point that it shrinks back into itself and just before everything gets squashed would you meet yourself.

My thinking is yes, mainly because if this is happening in our univers then it would be happening on all dimensions aswell therefore, you would meet yourself at the end.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Yes !

I heard, in metaphysics that if a fallen angel looks at themself to comtemplate on themself, it is disastrous.
Maybe it's because the energy transfers into a new form?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Try and find a sci fi book by Robert Heinlein called "By his bootstraps".

As well as being enjoyable it will explain that quandry.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
as you say its you meeting yourself...

so why would you explode just because you touch and identical person...

not everything in sci-fi fantasys have to explode you know..how do you they would just become one or melt or freeze or something...everything allways has to explode doesnt it...

i think you would implode ,ya...not explode hehe

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
in researchlabo they managed to "construct" some anti-matter but it was only for short time !
(1 milion of a milion sec)

but observing the manhatan project atomic explosion filmed with a camera that did 10000frames a second i think this clearly showed anti-matern !
the camera was close and focused on the point the atomic explosion starts to having implode first with a detonator the actual atomic construction.
awfull colorfull sight brought by national geographics !

btw if matter and anti-matter meets = resulting exploding of atoms ofcourse disintegrating.

it could be possible that in kinda anti-matter universe there is kinda world as we know it !
as long as they creatures do not meet somebody of the matter world nothing disastrous will happen.

who claims to know what dimensions exist in the whole galaxy ? not i !

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I believe that we can live in two diferent dimensions but, have you ever hear about having a double someware? I dont think our double is here in this dimension but on another one and if posible to meet it but I believe that it will be as diferent individuals and no expotion will happend, who knows, may be the shadow people may be ourselfs from other dimensions warning os of events that will affect us. I had dreams of being on another places that look like earth but different.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
How can you live in two dimensions ?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Have you ever hear about having a double in this life? well it could be possible to have a double in another dimension complitly independant of each other.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
But that wouldnt be YOU would it>

It would just be a lookalike with a different personality and a different history to you.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Simply no.
Why?
Because your assuming that the "identical you" is made of anti-matter. I don't believe that there is sufficient evidences to conclude thus.

seekerof

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Reports of dopplegangers and then people dying have been around for awhile .....if you beleive in dopple gangers...????

But i doubt your theory highly......

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Well most of us has see the shadow people and some even ghost what if this are being from another dimension? perharps our doubles.? And our minds are not train to absorve this posibilities.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Life made from antimatter is theoretically. Antimatter has the same properties as normal matter (although there may be some differences at very high energies), but when antimatter meets matter they annihilate eachother in a burst of gamma rays. Antimatter only occurs in laboratories. A antimatter person on earth would be annihilated with the normal matter atoms of the atmosphere immediately.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
No.

Absolutely not.

Identical twins "meet themselves" all the time and so far as I've been able to document, none of them has ever exploded. I think we'd have noticed.

As to an "antimatter twin," the moment that such a creature showed up in our universe, it would be annihilated. You see, the elements and subparticles in it (antiprotons, antineutrons, anticarbon, etc, etc) are NOT unique elements. The arrangement might be, but the elements and particles sure aren't.

The first time atmosphere (or cosmic rays or anything) from our universe touched it, it would go kerpoof.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree totally with Byrd and Amantine on this one. Matter and antimatter annihilate each other on the subatomic level, not on the macroscopic level. And of course the macroscopic level cannot exist without the subatomic level.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayKew

How can you live in two dimensions ?

I've always thought that it's possible-- just that the mind of man can only deal with the world around us in a singular, linear manner. Meaning, there must be cause and effect, lineage in the course of life. Although we know many things are happening at the same time, and we can even accomplish and think simultaneously, our minds yearn to put order to these things, and it may be beyond our comprehension at this stage to understand how we can move through multiple dimensions at the same time.
*IMO- Deja Vu hints at the idea that we may be experiencing the same things at different times, in different order, perhaps in multiple dimensions.

If you think about it, according to physics, we ARE actually existing in multiple dimensions at the same time. The first three dimensions (aspects of space), and Time. And that's just that we know of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join