It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is applause and how does one acquire them?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Now that's reverse psychology!

And a cry for help!

Someone give ls the clap before he starts being nice to the peoples ...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

the clap? yeah I've handed that out to a few people who deserved it too....LOL

just kidding....I swear!

as for you S Dog, I haven't had the chance to trash you yet, yer just not dumb enough damn it. There is hope tho...given the amount of ATS points you've earned in such a short period of time I'm certain that you are more than one person. It's only a matter of time before someone who assumes the moniker of S Dog will be ignorant enough to allow me the pleasure of completely destroying you for all the members and mods to see.

I'll be watching you closely.....

[edit on 16-12-2009 by liquidsmoke206]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Did I just get applauded?

For this thread???

Obviously someone thought it was a good point to raise, and the thread generated some very helpful info for the members.

I wasn't the one who applauded, but just throwing it out there...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have one applause too, is it possible to see who gave it to me and because of which post?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You should have gotten an automated U2U with the information...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
You can view your total applauses on your profile page.

Gee, I never noticed it on the Profile page...I never even bothered trying to keep track of 'em. I never realized anyone did. The only things I've really used the points for was to increase my upload space a couple of times. I never really cared much about the applauses, other than trying to make sure I earn enough to keep up with the RATS subscription.

Originally posted by elevatedone
All the answers in this thread are correct, so keep on posting, make them well thought out, well written posts and you're applause count will go up in no time.

Yeah, in time...I've been registered in these forums almost since they opened. Lucky #13, that's me.

Heck, even Simon Gray registered in the forums only a few days ahead of me.

When it comes to coming up with a hard-hitting thread/post/topic, it's sorta like a match in heavyweight boxing...The contenders don't always fight, ya' know. There has to be some quiet time, to sit & think. Develop strategies. Read the signs about what's already out there, just waiting for you.

I don't do this for the applauses; I've been around since well before ATS started using applauses. To me, they're just the icing on the cake. It's the time to learn & think & research to find new knowledge that I value most around here; Meeting of some of the best minds (at least I think so) from nearly anywhere in the world. Research & double-check what you can & provide the sources if it's possible (Not all resources can be found on the 'net directly; sometimes you actually have to read books too)...If you can't, then at least be honest enough to say that you're stating your opinion based on something you found/heard/seen somewhere. Maybe you've just provided someone else with a better idea on where to look!

[edit on 23-12-2009 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If you are physically attractive, posess real talent and have GodLike Wisdom; I can assure you that you will be applauded and woshiped in a fashion known only to those with a serious connection with divinity.
At least here on ATS. In the real world it's a different story.

I would have given you an applause GenLo even tthough I haven't a clue as to your physical appearenc or your talent of God like wisdom but that being said; I'm sure that you are a nice person so the best I can do in these circumstances is a Flag. I would have included a star but alas no stars allowed in BBQ or BTS for that matter.

You can count on me in any and all problems that may arise and I totally expect no recompense. I'm just satisfied to know that I have done a good job. But please enjoy your flag and if perchance you ever become a MOD, please allow me to say IM SORRY as a preemptive measure for my future transgessions.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join