It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grotesque Goldman Sachs flu advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Apparently Goldman Sachs advises its employees not to handle physical coins because of the possibility of flu contamination. They also ask that employees have "their drivers" open their car doors rather than doing it themselves. After all, everyone (or at least everyone who matters) has a driver, right? And of course it goes without saying that the driver's life is more expendable than the lives of the crooks who have looted the taxpayers and given themselves another year of record bonuses.

Having inoculated its employees with H1N1 vaccine dosages usurped from pregnant women and children, Goldman Sachs has increased its vigilance against the contagious virus by banning employee contact with spare change....The memo also advised employees to “resist the urge to open your own car door ; let your driver do it.”

More at source
www.ritholtz.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
....The memo also advised employees to “resist the urge to open your own car door ; let your driver do it.”

Well there ya have it. Don't ya?
Greedy, selfish humans -
Ick.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Sounds like a good employer just looking out for the health and welfare of its most important asset.. its people. Looks like good business to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Door handles on cars might not be the problem. But good for them to have a driver to do things like manual exertion.

Wouldn't a gentry at every port make more sense?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
Sounds like a good employer just looking out for the health and welfare of its most important asset.. its people. Looks like good business to me.

So you believe the life of a Goldman Sachs trader is worth more than the life of his driver.

Glad we could clear that up.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I dont know if his life is worth more, but the traders skills are worth more to Goldman than door opening skills. A good trader could make you 100's or millions in profit. A door opener is just a business expense to protect your investment in the trader. Reality sucks, don't it?

Do you think it is any different than paying a man to be a Secret Service agent and take a bullet for el Presidente.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by HotSauce]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Door handles on cars might not be the problem. But good for them to have a driver to do things like manual exertion.

Wouldn't a gentry at every port make more sense?

Maybe they will give you a cut of the savings if you recomend that. Seems like a good business move to me.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I wonder if the official travel policy calls for surrounding one self with "dark skinned natives" when swimming in the ocean to prevent "shark attacks"?

This can't be real, bankers have become the new punching bag for America...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I say let their helpers do everything for them, then when the great checks and balances comes into play we are ridden of yet another parasite that grows in the form of a human.

do they have helpers to lift the toilet seats too? So they don't get HIV? heh.

edited to imply I'm being sarcastic for the thinking impaired.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by 10001011]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
lol coins? not dollar bills? Do they think that cheap? Remembe the article months ago, 1 out of every 4 dollar bills, sppears to have coc aine on them>? No one really cared about drugs tainting them..swine flu or any flu or cold...this is serious interesting indeed

Seriously, they must not wash thier hands often, lleaving the bathroom
Doorknobs have WAY more germs on them compared to all the coins going back n forth around the world.
Their advice, seeems too eligant and stuck up*

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if these guys even wipe their own asses

I think we should sneeze at every investment banker we can find, maybe we can cull a few from the herd.

top topics

join