It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's pretend that "disclosure" just happened...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The big government just released the news that aliens are real and they have been in contact forthe last 50 years or so. Great! Then they go on to say that the aliens are here to guide us and show us the way. Awesome! So now millions of people follow every word these aliens say because, well why shouldn't they? Theyre aliens! They must have the answers, right?

I say no. If our government has been in contact with aliens who supposedly want to better mankind, then why have we not seen anything other than self-destructive acts of war from our governments in the recent past up to now?

If aliens are real, and are about to be disclosed, I don't want to be anywhere near them.

Discuss. Let's please keep this to a civil debate.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Could not post this on any of the other many existing threads already created on "Alien Disclosure"??
As for you not wanting anything to do with them for whatever reason would be, in my opinion, foolish. You have no idea their intentions and might really be missing out on some true Treasure (knowledge) out of Fear; fear of being manipulated, or whatever others you may have. I can understand why you'd not trust them due to our past and government reputation, for which you clearly have a personal distrust. Eager to post a thread? No opinion really even spoken out in detail, definitely no fact/theory was presented with any sliver of proof.... new thread creation not necessary, IMO. But... that's my .02

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
My theory was clear, however I will restate. If these aliens are of good intention, and have been in contact with our governements, then why have things no changed for the better already. Do you think they're waiting for disclosure to do good? They obviously havnt had a problem standing by while we kill ourselves.

No, I wasn't eager to post a thread, I've been here for a while and this is my first. If you would put some thought into my post rather than beeing eager to dicredit my motives, maybe you would see my point.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OneDivided

This is a good point you make and one I have thought about a lot. I suspect that if the government has been in contact with extraterrestrials for such a long time then it was kept secret because above top secret government funded focus groups assessed human society and eventually determined that the people of earth were not ready or prepared to handle disclosure in the time this focus group was active.

It seems possible that if disclosure comes soon then the past years in which extraterrestrials were depicted on the big screen and in our public consciousness as clichéd terms like “alien bumper stickers” to name just one off the top of my head was engineered purposefully to get us used to the concept of an open disclosure and thus minimise a financial collapse due to the world waking up to a rippling cultural shock that we were never alone in the universe. The effects on society will be incredible and calendars will be changed to acknowledge the new age humankind would find itself in.

Example OC: 2009 (hopefully this year) Open contact.

I believe that if disclosure comes that the government had been preparing humankind with subtle inferences via TV, Movies, radio and printed media but this clever conditioning was not done out of the goodness of their hearts or because the PTD actually care about human states of mind. Rather the PTB worry that if this news breaks, that the shock could be so much to take on board and that “resources” will not go to work, will refuse to pay their taxes and will in a word stop listening to their governments.

In the worst case scenario will flip their governments the “bird”.

The greatest fear of any government is that a people as one will refuse to function as expected and the worst non function is not riots in the street, rather – refusals on a massive scale to pay tax!

Our governments and their self destructive acts of violence are not considered thus by those who carry out these acts. For them these acts have a purpose and nothing is done without good reason – as they see it. The contacts that were hidden from us may have been warnings by the visitors to shape up and learn to live together and the decades of contacts might have been necessary to drum this ideal into the war obsessed skulls of our leaders because warfare is not a natural state of mankind I am sure of it.

I think we just got into a bad habit and now we need some help to break the habit. There is no shame in that!

Time will tell, I am very hopeful disclosure is coming soon and if it does I will be much more likely to believe the word of an alien visitor because I expect my government to lie to me at every turn because I class politicians as less than human, thus I expect politicians to assume that my life is worthless outside what I can give to their coffers, their relentless war machine and their black hearted struggles to remain in power via the courting of my vote.

I think visitors have been coming here for a very long time and if they wanted us dead there would not be 7 billion people on this earth at this time. By that theory alone I am more likely to shake the hand of a visitor with a huge smile and go on trust (because I choose to), whereas I would thumb my nose to a human governmental leader while calling him a blood drenched warmongering liar because the history of us was created by those in power and history is a bloody affair based on badly informed ideals of patriotism, voracious greed, mean minded deceit and fosters a long term bitterness.

Give peace a chance, shake their hand because what have we to lose that were are not already losing at human hands?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Those are very good points, and with that I should say I was a little extreme with the "nowhere near" comment. If it happens, I will listen. However if the tree doesn't bear good fruit...

[edit on 19-11-2009 by OneDivided]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Trouble with Disclosure, ALiens and Us Humans is , over the years we have lost the ability to tell the truth, Money has become the all powerful force that controls our destinies.
Any Alien that has made contact with any world Government has been lied to as well, not by Humanity but bythose we have placed in a position of repsonsibility, which in turn has been corrupted .

There are good Aliens and bad Aliens, same as us Humans, and like us there is the majority of good ( according to other threads here on ATS).
The majority that want us to evolve and mature are told by our Governments that they ' will do the best of the whole of Mankind', but in truth as soon as any Alien gives over technology designed to be beneficial it is usurped and hidden from the masses as those in control worship MONEY, not honour, not truth, no other virutue except greed.
After all why shouldn't they be in power? they enjoy the feeling of control, why lose it? , they climax knowing that peoples lives are i their hands, that they can live and die at a whim, but the Governments do not ever change.
They seek to remain rich, powerful and in control.

Now your an Alien, you have beneficial technology, say data wtorage devices like crystal memory, or non polluting generators, easily reproduced, you go to the people in charge, they tell you they will desiminate the tech to the masses.

Now in the other shoes you are the Government, you get this wonderful new technology how best to use it for the benefit of Mankind? , hang on , if you give this away free, you don't get any more money from gas, petrolium, or any other form of power generation we have developed ourselves, why not hide it until the resources have run out, then release it to a frustrated and desperate community? You can make more money then.
And why tell the people where you got it from, keep it a secret and then get more later?

Now of course the people are desperate, so you release the information in dribs and drabs, slowly as the natural resources become scarecer to appease them, but you keep the secret of where you got it from .

As for disclosure , it will happen one day, either through a show of force from the people ousting out the corruption or the Aliens doing so many 'contacts' and flybys that it becomes impossible to keep covering up.

I for one in which ever event happens first wouldn't run with open arms to any Alien, no matter what they looked like, I would wait and let actions speak louder than words.

If you get an Alien appearing then fine, how they appear is the first sign, unannounced and in large numbers means a non compassionate race, that doesn't care about the race they are meeting.
An Alien that is concerned would take small steps to acclimatise the population as to not frighten them too much.
I would wait and see what they do before I even contemplate meeting them face to face, I would listen to what they had to say,and hten make a deductive reasoned response to them.
But people are funny animals, we would all deal with it in our own way, some would praise and worship, some would commit suicide, some would just stand and stare.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If a government ever annonces on TV that aliens do exist, I'm going to be completely like this :

Ha ha ! (I knew it...)

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I don't think that's why they are hiding it, I'd say it's more of a power trip that allows them to carry on raping the land, the people, the knowledge and the freedom of the world, but your post was a lovely read with some positive ideas and ethical deliberation on the information at hand- I for one enjoyed it thoroughly - thanks

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Personally, I don't want it to happen. As humans we already have more than we can handle. If they are good, we'll either corrupt, kill them or do all those crazy tests we fear them doing to us. If they are bad, well....

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneDivided
My theory was clear, however I will restate. If these aliens are of good intention, and have been in contact with our governements, then why have things no changed for the better already. Do you think they're waiting for disclosure to do good? They obviously havnt had a problem standing by while we kill ourselves.

1) It is ignorant to assume all Et's are 'good' or 'bad'. Their could be any number of varying races w. diff. agendas, just like....um....us.

2) This thread is already being discussed HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE...

3) Search Function. Use it.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If Disclosure were to ever happen, some people would panic, some people would worship the aliens (Greer, et al), some would turn to God for answers, but for most of us life would go on. Never underestimate the human ability to become bored.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Never underestimate the human ability to become bored.

I grew up during the height of the Apollo program. I worshiped the ground the Astronauts walked upon - had everything available in the way of Major Matt Mason toys. I was the biggest Star Trek geek I knew back in the '70s.

Another space shuttle launch the other day... saw it on the internet on my hand held communicator/tricorder looking device (yawn)

[edit on 19-11-2009 by draknoir2]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Never underestimate the human ability to become bored.

I grew up during the height of the Apollo program. I worshiped the ground the Astronauts walked upon...

Some of us still do.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I always wondered about this...
With shows, movies, internet buzz etc.. all these things most are interpreting as signs of what to come. A preparation form the government of some sort.

So, BOOM!!!!
Disclosure happens today, what does this tell us about our leaders?
That they have been lying?!
We know they lie, they do it in every faction of government.
But the depth of that lie would be decades possibly more deep.

If they were instrumental in placing these topics in main stream culture, then what else are they doing while we're asleep?!

Scares me...

If disclosure happens, who or what are we to believe?!

What little faith people have in the government would be right out the window.

Even the slightest acknowledgment of alien activity on earth would demand more.. It will force that bottle neck to break.

I feel if disclosure happened, there will be factions of militias separating themselves from the government, taking matters into their own hand. Expect the governments to maintain power at any cost. There will be civil unrest.

top topics

join