It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean on Jupiter’s moon Europa may harbor 3 mn tons of fish

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Well if we do that to another planet... then we deserve to have it done to us.

All of those people who thinks it ok to fly around the universe killing, eating, and enslaving the indiginous life deserves to have that as their life and death.

Fine.
If the theoretical fish are space faring, they have every right to come lay waste to our planet.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

It's very interesting you mention this falling fish phenomenon. This seems to occur everywhere in the world, many many times, when you google this, fish falling from sky, many hits of this phenomenon. Some in Ethiopia, Australia, Europe, etc.
So this is a round the world thing that happens more often then people think it occurs.
Even in places more then 200 miles from the sea and in fairly good weather conditions according to witness reports.. at least without tornados and/or big storms..
Just google "fish falling from sky", and links will pop up.

I dont know what to think about this, but it seems to be a thing that happens quit often around the planet.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
It is nice to known that you are interested in such information about moons like Europa but all this was known since 95 when Gallileo made first good photos. There is no new information since that time so I don't understand why so much excitation about this basic information. We know that for nearly 15 years.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I watched a docu at the imax on this years ago (H) it was aweome. it has 3D fish!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I find these scientists quite amusing, they never cease to come up with far fetched ideas that nobody else can argue against because the scientist is the only person with any knowledge about the subject.

I think it must happen somewhere round about when their funding is due for review, they must panic and think god I've been at this for 10 years now and not come up withthing remotely interesting. So I'll just make some bs story up about something and hopefully it will be enough to save my ass.

I often ask the question, what do these guys actually do on a daily basis.

Why be so negative we don't know either way whats up there and the quicker we find out the better

[edit on 19-11-2009 by KeeperOfGenisis]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Interesting theory Chembreather. Although I think that the fish raining from the sky is usually the result of typhoons picking them up from the surface and traveling them with wind. However, I could be wrong.

In any case this is a wonderful discovery and could make for very big expeditions by sattelites or manned aircraft in the future to such places to investigate.

I wonder if they have ever created a rover which would be used specifically for under water research. I'm sure it could be done.

~Keeper

Typhoons would be a more earth-bound explanation, not as intresting, but still more plauseble.

I think sending 'mini-subs' up the Europe cand be to hard of a task I think, I'm pretty sure they can do it if they want too.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Surprised no one else has said this....

"All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landing there"

Guess it's their fishing hole?

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

Isnt Tiamat the ancient Sumerian destruction dragon?

and also a crappy death metal band.

Tiamat means Watery Mother. It was supposed to be huge and torn apart when getting too close to Nibiru... note I didn't say crashed into Nibiru. The story tells us about the forces that tear material from each planet's surface and how the much larger Nibiru had the effect of Tiamat being torn apart. Subsequent passings set portions into their orbits.

I think it would then be possible for Earth to be a part of Tiamat too, but that is just my wildest thinking.

Now back to the advertised topic.. Water on Eauropa and maybe fishing holidays with flights by Virgin Galactic

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
There are talks about an international mission to Europa involving NASA, ESA, China, Japan and Russia.

Due to the finance and the technological needs, it is believed an international co-operative partnership could see a Europa mission, leaving Earth, by 2015.

As for a human investigation of Europa - sophisticated technology and protection is needed to survive the radiation of Jupiter.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
This is a pretty exciting proposition.

I wonder what core temperature and surface temperature is on Europa.

Heh.
2010: THE YEAR WE MAKE CONTACT. XD
That was an excellent movie.
Better than 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I wonder what other moons or whatnot have such unique properties that we may have overlooked or just haven't put time in to looking at.

Alright ATS. I have the only viable answer.

We band together and build a space ship.

We go out in to space.

We figure this stuff out.

Come back and be heroes and get mansions and just like 10 foot tables covered in food stuffs on the silveriest of platters!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
thank you so much for posting this stuff OP...

we are everyday getting a step closer to understand how crowded and full of life our cosmos is

have a nice day!!

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Maybe NASA can bomb it like the moon and see if any
fish float to the surface.

Why did I picture a redneck a boat and a stick of dynamite. The last words of “yawl watch this”

Hahaha.

This is very cool thanks OP!

-Al

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I hope it harbors just one fish that weighs 3 million tons.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I don't know...unless jupiter's gravity is generating some kind of heat inside europa, it just may be too frigid for complex life to get a foothold; probably microbial extremophiles but fish?

If there were complex life there, I wonder if they exhibit bioluminescence or they don't have eyes at all like some cave fish I hear about

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicodeme
I assume they're basing that number of creatures on Earth-based life? How can we possibly even put a number on something like that when we have absolutely no idea what could be down there.

I agree with you Nicodeme. It's junk science for the sake of entertainment. It's just an arbitrary number that is essentially meaningless.

Everyone knows Europa's ocean has exactly 1270,693 randy mermaids with a penchant for earth men!!!

IRM :shk:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Lions eat lesser animals and so do humans. Do you think its ok for lions to eat deer?

Absolutely not OK!

They live in completely different climates.

But when you think of it humans are a whole lot "better" than animals in that respect. Animals react to other animals in one of 3 basic ways: Kill for food, Kill for fun, and run away to avoid the other 2 happening to you. Us hairless apes at least sometimes contemplate exactly how much dolphin we want in our tuna cans, to feed our cats.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet

Why did I picture a redneck a boat and a stick of dynamite. The last words of “yawl watch this”

Hahaha.

-Al

Mind if I put that quote in my sig?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by alpha-erectus
I hope it harbors just one fish that weighs 3 million tons.

The Alpha fish.
He came.
He saw.
He got trapped in a damn moon! D:

I want it to yield a couple of whales. Like, maybe 5. 5 whales. Just hanging out.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlBeMet

Hahaha.

-Al

HAHAHAHA reminds me of the "Wachiss" shirts, or something like that...had rednecks doing various things on them hahaha

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hmm, there is a similar theory on Pluto. In fact, I was watching tv one day and they say that their may be water under the surface of Pluto. They are sending a probe there now, hopefully to capture pictures of geysers. It will arrive in 2015, so it seems that Europa is not the only planet/moon with the possibility of water.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join