It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police stop teen gunning for school massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Police stop teen gunning for school massacre

www.heraldsun.com.au

A 13-YEAR-OLD French boy set out to mow down his teachers with a shotgun but abandoned the plan when he arrived at the school and found it surrounded by police, officials said.
The boy's parents raised the alarm when they realised he had taken the family gun from their house near Beauvais, north of Paris, and was headed to his school in Beauvais itself, officials said.

The teenager was in custody on suspicion of attempted murder and admitted his homicidal intentions during an interview...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/18/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Cops. Sometimes they get it completely wrong. In this instance it looks like they've done well.

So how does a 13 year-old kid get his hands on the family shotgun? Mum and Dad should be answering a few questions about how responsible their parenting skills have been for the past 13 years.

Can he be charged for attempted murder? If the kid never fired a shot, wouldn't it be conspiracy to murder? There's a fine line between punishing people for thought crimes, which needs to be addressed. However, in this case, it seems that the kid was pretty much set on making a headline of himself.

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11/18/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Im sure the kid wasnt bringing the gun to school for show and tell.Thank goodness he didnt get a chance to use it.Now maybe he can get the help he obviously needs before he does kill someone.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Kids become depressed and kids also do stupid stuff. I was a part of all that.

But...to actually get a gun and plan on killing teachers?

The worst I would have done is punch some in the kisser for talking trash...but never have I thought about actually carrying out a plan to end someones life.

This in my opinion shows how far this kid can go in terms of violence, and he needs some SERIOUS help.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

A conspiracy of one? I would imagine the most this kid will get is psych help, what due to the absence of an actual crime and all. Unless there is something showing premeditation of course.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
its france people, he was going to rob a wine store!!

i dont know what gun laws are like in france. my guess is they cant just carry them around for fun. so i guess someone is going to be charged!!

theres my .50c in debts worth!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
LOL why do we automatically assume this kid didn't have a reason to bring the gun lol

Do we know anything about what the kid was enduring that drove him this far?

Like the kids from Columbine, picked on and abused for not belonging, exposed to a system that rewards conformity and kills creativity and inflicts peers on those who stand out who ridicule and pick on them...

Maybe we should be rooting for the kid with the gun?

How do we know he wasn't being forced to suck off one of his classmates every day or being abused by a teacher emotionally or even physically?

Has anyone asked this kid WHY he felt like shooting the place up?

I mean .... don't get me wrong the kid has to be a bit off, when I got sick of my HS I just tested into College and got out a year early... to get rid of the morons in my life...

But how'd the kid GET THIS WAY... no one ever asks that, we just say "the kid is crazy" and go about our business, doesn't it strike anyone that so many kids are so sick and disgusted in school they want to kill people? It's not like this is a single instance, this goes on every day now, most schools need Metal detectors in the States... Obviously what we call "school" has become a torture for at least 10% of kids...

Maybe we need to not demonize him and sit back and say why do kids hate school...

particularly the smart ones...

HS drop Out rates in America hover at 50%

50% of Kids feel the need to escape despite what they know it means for their futures... That's HALF.... HALF of all Kids HATE going there, not hate it like normal, hate it intensely enough to not care about their future one bit...

So sure shooting it up isn't the answer, i'm being facetious to make a point...

He's obviously been pushed over the edge...

But we shouldn't brand him when half of kids have emotional break downs before graduating and then lets factor in the suicides, drug addictions and other escapism and just in my country only 14% of girls and 18 % of Boys I think go on to College...

So apparently 80% of kids HATE this fracking system...

So when one makes a point by shooting up a school, I think maybe we need to take off the blindfolds and look at what the hell is happening to them...

[edit on 17-11-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
ill tell you whats happening to these kids.
mom and dad billy if u get into a fight your in big trouble.
the teachers billy if someone picks on you just tell us well do NOTHING
but if you fight back (aka throw the first punch your in trouble))
now billy is in school (other kids) your a fag your a quer your a geek dork spaz Im going to hit you (wile surounded buy FIVE OTHER boys
well this was ME upuntill the ninth grade and Finly i got tired of it and in my case it took one hit to the bigest kid in school to end it.
But most kids dident Brake fast enough they finly FREAKED out .
I know i did on more thn one accasion if i had had a gun there would have been holes . Glad i made it trough THAT HELL.
and that my friends was 25 years agaio befor fights were 5 on one befor knifes were involved .
All i can say to all you previs Joks (jokes) is bite me all i can say to all you previs cheerleaders (your not the picture you tought you werre ARE YOU.
and this my friends is WHY these kids flip is why you get scycos and mothers killing there own kids.
but hey theres so manny here cheering for pain and herting i see it every day here from so called adults . homeless ppl are lousers aww to bad your a this your a that . well gess what its getting closer all the time and when it finly ends had enough BAMMMMM .
so you all spu the hate the america is this iserial is that this country these ppl thous ppl . hu then u call them evil hu . and scrach your heads saying why did they snap .
someones one top a building with 75% of you yelling JUMP then u wonder why the shotting starts.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
So I wonder how long it will take for someone to make some anti-gun propaganda out of this. Seems like that's what happens with 90% of the stories like this. No way it can be the parent's fault in any way, shape or form. It's the gun's fault. Right?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by warbird03]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i wonder how long it will take for some moron from the ACLU to speak out against the police, saying that this kids civil rights were some how violated.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sadly, the definition of adolescence is changing. Tomorrow it will be that if some kids shoot up a school and kill people, folks will say "Aww, that's just kids being kids."

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
i wonder how long it will take for some moron from the ACLU to speak out against the police, saying that this kids civil rights were some how violated.

I doubt if the ACLU can have much of an effect in France.

ACLU stands for ........

American
Civil
Liberties
Union

[edit on 17-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
is this a pun about an 'almost' school shooting?
who the hell approved this headline. haha.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
When I hear that a kid has or is going to shoot up a school or their friends house or their place of work is why. What good does it make for you to kill a bunch of people and get yourself killed in the process. What good is it doing? The next question is what are the parents doing to this kid? Are they parenting him enough? Sitting there and talk to him or her about their lives and try to council them about their daily lives. And do the parents teach them about the respect and treatment and when to use a gun. My parents showed me and taught me everything about gun uses, safety and respect. I always knew where the guns were for defensive purposes. But I knew never to use it out of anger and on people.

Outside of gun control, there has to be something that we can do to help kids not to go down this path. We need to be proactive. More after school activities, more time spent with their parents, Get a job delivering papers. Something.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Snarf

I doubt if the ACLU can have much of an effect in France.

ACLU stands for ........

American
Civil
Liberties
Union

[edit on 17-11-2009 by whaaa]

Ahh! You got me there! i should have read more into the article...i guess i just associated school shootings with America...my bad

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I want to know how a little kid was able to hide a shotgun on his person for so long. They must be about the same height/length. It's not like a shotgun can bend or mold to fit against your body.

Must have been a funny thing to see.

new topics

top topics

join