It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will lead us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I see it everywhere. Not just on ATS. People I talk to on the street. At different places I go to work. Everyone thinks we have a problem. And the general consensus is that nobody knows how to fix it. I will be the first to admit, I am way to unorganized to be a leader, but I am not afraid to take a leap of faith. Looking at all the problems we face today, why is it that we can't all come to an agreement? We need a change. Not the change Obama offered. That was just the hot air of a windbag. Something to get him elected. Exactly what he was told to say.

Ron Paul or Newt Gingrich seem to be the only two people I have heard publicly make sense. Ron Paul tels it exactly like it is. And he doesn't seem to concerned that it doesn't make you "Feel Good". I can handle that. As long as there is a fix. It will be hard, it will take some time, no problem. I am not afraid of hard work. I just need to know it won't be in vain. What will it take to get the public to open their eyes and take off the blinders? What will it take to make people understand there is a fix?

I am to the point if I thought lighting myself on fire on national TV would make a difference, bring me some matches. All of us who served vowed to defend the Constitution of the United States with our lives if necessary. It needs some help.

This is a serious question that needs a serious answer. What do we do?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ron Paul could easily win for the Republicans against Obama.

Will the bastards who own the empire let him run for President of a mainstream party? Not a chance in hot hell. However, hell seems to be cooling down.

Ron Paul can do it, would do it and do it well but he'll need to be well protected, beyond Obama's security detail. WELL BEYOND.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
1)Looking to politicians as leaders(and yes, even Ron Paul is a politician) will only lead right back to where we are.

2)Looking elsewhere for someone to lead, at all, will not get us anywhere. Each and every one of us needs to be the leader.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Looking for a leader?

John Travolta is your man.

Olivia Newton John would also make an excellent First Lady.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

There is no doubt Ron Paul could do it. the real question is, would the electoral college let him be president? After all, our votes don't really mean squat. Presidency is no different than running for Prom Queen. And I understand that looking to Washington to find a leader seems like it won't help, but we can't have a bloody revolution and not expect another country to strike at us while we are weak and vulnerable having a revolution. We need to have a calculated plan and get the people in this country to read the constitution and understand it.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I admire Ron Paul for many things, most of all his fearless candor and never-ending search for the truth. He calls B.S. when it needs to be called for what it is. He is rare breed amongst politicians.

However, since he doesn't play ball by the unwritten code of the political game, he is ostracized by his own party. This has made even his best of intentions ineffectual in Congress. Everything Ron Paul initiates gets dismissed as something from out-field, or rantings from the lunatic fringe, even when they are some of the best ideas presented before Congress.

And that gives us a clear indicator of what kind of leadership is needed if we are going to enact Reform in our government. If someone rocks the boat too much then they aren't going to bring about any kind of change. You need someone who is willing to play ball, and jump through the hoops that are expected of them, to be a team player, yet willing to bend on some issues in order to push their own agenda through to home plate.

Change is going to have to come from the inside out, not from the outside going inwards.

As disgusting as it might sound, we need someone who has Ron Paul's sense of morality, yet isn't hesitant to sacrifice some of that morality on periphery issues for the sake of the more important issues. They have to be willing to scratch a lot of backs in order to get the rest of the politicians in Congress to scratch their back in return.

Unless we can oust all of the Career Politicians from Washington simultaneously and replace them with new blood who are willing to start a whole new ballgame with a whole different set of rules, then the best leader we could have is one who isn't afraid to play by the current set of flawed and corrupted rules to get the changes their constituents want passed.

MMP

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm a Ron Paul supporter and one of the people that firmly believes we need change. However, it will take far more than just electing Ron Paul as President to jump start even the slightest bit of progress in my opinion. The members of Congress need to be replaced with good old fashion statesmen. Lobbyist need to be thrown out of the mix entirely because big business has too much influence. Our citizens need to remember we are the government (since it's supposed to be by the people and for the people) not the politicians/businessmen/bankers. The judicial system needs massive changes. The whole "legalese" speak needs to go away and judicial education for everyone needs to take place. I have a lot of ideas and could probably think of a list a mile long. For now though, I'm going to stick to questioning all authority and speaking about my concerns with anyone that will listen. I'm probably not destined to be a great leader if some kind revolution takes place (age is in my favor though) and if my only contribution to this country is talking to people then so be it. At least I will have done something.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

I think to a degree you are correct. As I said before, a bloody revolution is not the answer. Having said that, I also think that sending in a "player" would not get things done either. the people need to speak and be heard. But first they need to be educated. that is where my problem lies. I know what I think is the right idea. And oddly enough, most folks I talk to are on kind of on the same page. but I don't know how to get this message to the masses. A commercial would be a good start. But how do we organize funding for something like that? How do we get people to pull their heads out of their asses? I believe that if people know their strengths and weaknesses, they can be a productive part of a solution. I know I can't organize. Not even my sock drawer. But I can do things. Most things that need to be done. I just need an organizer to keep the ends tied. And lots and lots of people with ideas. I am willing to be a part of whatever this thing is. As small or as big a part as is needed. This very site seems to be a place of people who think like I do. I just hope the leader is out there and is willing to stand up.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have a real hard time looking at our future in this country ! We are now in this Post America crisis state and day by day it's sliding away from us. We are watching this administration dismantle the country like a corporate takeover !
Piece by piece,liberty by liberty ! We live in a crazy time ! We have politically corrected ourselves into this mess and have lost our way back to our rational ,responsible selves. I would hope we can find a new leader who hasn't been corrupted ! Maybe just an honest simple man !

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
When the need is greatest, a leader will rise. (some european book I read)

second line.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

There is no doubt Ron Paul could do it. the real question is, would the electoral college let him be president? After all, our votes don't really mean squat.

They might if we could, "coax with all forms of support", the right individual, "Ron Paul", into openly, "attempting" to run, by beginning to coordinate a group now. I would do anything I could.

Presidency is no different than running for Prom Queen. And I understand that looking to Washington to find a leader seems like it won't help,

How ever the logical choice, "Ron Paul" does have experience. Think of the fact that Obama had no experience; he couldn't even vote; and he's our president now. NWO.

but we can't have a bloody revolution and not expect another country to strike at us while we are weak and vulnerable having a revolution. We need to have a calculated plan and get the people in this country to read the constitution and understand it.

Ok.. How can we start immediately enough? Where do I sign up right now?

Originally posted by trueset
We are now in this Post America crisis state and day by day it's sliding away from us. We are watching this administration dismantle the country like a corporate takeover !

Which coorporate America is following the, "WILL" of the bankers; NWO.

Piece by piece,liberty by liberty ! We have politically corrected ourselves into this mess and have lost our way back to our rational ,responsible selves. I would hope we can find a new leader who hasn't been corrupted ! Maybe just an honest simple man !

How can we approach and coordinate with that, "simple man", Ron Paul enough?

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by noconsequence]

new topics

top topics

join