It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some member insist on being so rude?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Im actually shocked, this is the first website i have ever been on in 9 years where members have actually been rude to each other, (and i have been a member on a lot of forums)

Here is an example here:

stop wasting your and everybodys bandwidth with this trash please..do something constructive or not at all dude...think off the time your losing out on earth looking for pigs in space.

and

Stop wasting your own time and everybody's time

These where some responses i got on a recent thread, and i did make a note of it being the FIRST time i had used a photo editing program..

I ask is it really necessary?

If you dont have something worthy to say dont say it at all.

Discussion is welcome of course.

A simple " Nice first try, but i dont see anything out of the ordinary" Would of been nice.

Not a, "omg your such a loser, i cant beleive i spent 40 seconds of my life looking at this" Kind of response.

Its like ATS has been over taken by 12 year old..

My message to SOME ATS MEMBERS IS THIS

TRY TO HAVE SOME GOD DAMN MANNERS!

People who make threads on the internet are REAL people! With REAL feelings.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Haydn_17]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I know exactly which thread you are talking about friend, and yes they did kind of eat you alive. But to be fair, we see thousands of these photos which are enhanced and what not.

It's gotten to the point where it's just speculation. I agree that some members are truly rude, but they aren't breaking the T&C by hurting your feeling unfortunetly.

So, chin up we live in a world which is dominated by hatred and ignorance, you are bound to find some here.

A teacher once said this to me :

"The More They Say, The Dumber They Look, The Less You Say Back, The Smarter You Are"

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I saw that. Allow me to apoligize for all of us.

You took the time and effort to present something you found curious. I may not share this enthusiasm, but I can't see shutting you down in such a spiteful way.

Don't allow them to drag you down at all, and persevere in your research. All of us here have been baited or trolled at one time or another. I usually just laugh it off and move on.

There are those here that appreciate the time and diligence of people like you. Please continue to study and present facts.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I agree there is a rudeness factor everywhere you look on ATS. It is a shame, but a matter of fact.

I can say that I probably come off rude within the majority of my posts.

But that is just the way it is...what some people see as "rude" can also be seen as "rational" by others.

I know that when I am coming off as "rude" I am actually doing my best to not be "overly rude".

I tone down my desire for calling certain people "absolutely stupid" or "completely illiterate". But...since those are the feelings I am "trying" to not "share", the end result still comes off as "rude".

Read a few posts around here. See the hoards of dishonest/dysfunctional people trying to fool the rest of us with scams and badly formed posts balanced on lies, misconception or just out-in-out stupidity.

Then wonder why some may be getting rude.

Also...you must admit, if you have been reading this site (or conspiracy in general) for a very long, you may be "quicker" to sound "rude" when faced with a post or ATS-user who doesn't do his/her research well enough, or just spreads the same-old debunked garbage that has been discredited a million times prior.

I dunno...you are right in pointing to this subject as a problem. But you should be able to grasp it without much confusion.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree that some people can be a little harsh with their comments. Members should understand there are newcomers to this site and make an attempt to step into the ATS community, but a new found interest can be easily dented when there are many so called experts on here ready to belittle them. All it does is knock someones confidence, nobody wants to be ridiculed or abused. There is always a positive way of being negative.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Strange, i wrote a thread like this two weeks ago, and i thought this was it.

I understand what you mean, myself, i am hoping that people will read the complaints and stop being so darned mean and get some respect going on here.

Frankly, i love ATS, and although i dont post as much as i used to, i cant help to come here and get my daily dose of whats going on.

I know everyone knws the T&C and they should abide by them, however, it only works for a couple of days after one of the owners demands RESPECT, and they have tried, oh yea, they have tried thru the years. I can only hope there is a miracle here "Everyone walk towards the light"...(harps playing)...and realize that we are all regular people with different views, but nevertheless, regular people who deserve the same respect as if you were speaking face to face.

Come on, people. You can do it. Being nice and polite is NOT going to kill you.

2012 is going to kill you.

I hope things do turn around, we are so lucky to have a board like this one, just for us, to chat and exchange views. Damned lucky. As much as i surf around, there is only one ATS. Now, boys and girls, lets make it RIGHT. Make it nice and if you want a brawl, go to the pub.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I think it is because of the high volume of crap/lies/sillyness that gets posted/discussed on a day to day basis.

When someone makes up his or her mind about irrelevance or unrelatedness the horns start to show

-shrugs-

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
OH! I almost forgot my whole reason for answering this thread in the first place.

DO NOT FORGET that if you "seriously believe" your own "incredible evidence" then you SHOULD expect a lot of attacks on your theory or evidence at hand.

AND

If your incredible evidence/theory is CORRECT then you should not only COUNT ON attacks from disinfo-agents and the uninformed, but you should also be able to "set your watch" by them.

LASTLY

If your theory.evidence IS of incredible nature, AND TRUE, then you can not only expect a few "rude folks" on your thread, but also expect agents at your door and possible attacks on your health, livelihood and family.

What I am saying is...if YOU think you found any "real evidence" of "anything alien on the moon", the last thing you should be "confused or posting about" is the attacks such claims bring within an online forum...what you SHOULD be worried about are the few people who KNOW YOU ARE RIGHT and plan on shutting you up forever/however.

Seriously...it shocks me how many fools think the subjects on this site have never gotten people killed.

Just my advice...use your head and be safe.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
If you find THAT offensive you havnt been to a huge amount of forums.

That's not even slightly rude by internet stadards. The runners of this site have done a good job keeping it a, clean, safe enviroment. For everyone here. (sometime reluctent to accept there is a virus though...)

Ff you find a post offensive. There is always the option to flag that post. Sending it to a behind the scenes forum. Where it can be removed and a penalty placed upon that person.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Its like ATS has been over taken by 12 year old..

Taken over, but maybe not by 12 year olds... IMO, when you are vehemently attacked, there is probably something to it. The attacks are meant to shake you off the trail, & convince others that you are a "whacko." So look at the attacks as something like a barometer - the closer you are to the Truth, the worse the attacks will get.

More info -

PID & Truth Suppression
plasticmacca.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Please alert these threads in the future.

This forum is dedicated to providing a venue for the discussion of alternative topics (which many people feel strongly about) with civility and decorum. We as Staff will look over the alert and move forward accordingly.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by faulconandsnowjob

i think that that is very rare. alought i dont doubt it.

Most people here are very set in their veiws and morals. you will always have someone that disagrees with you.

what kind of site would it be if eveyone kissed your ass?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'll second Mems post...

There are only so many staff on hand at any one time... We most assuredly can't see everything.

Give us a whistle with an alert, and someone will look at it, guaranteed. It may take a little bit, but it'll get attention.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Rudeness and disrespect is the debate tactic of trolls, adolescents and those that embrace the macho ethic; used mainly to derail the thread and direct attention to themselves.

I have this bookmarked and pull it out occasionally to show the trolls that we are on to their petty, arrogant games.

Normally, I can take the rough rhetoric as well as dish it out but lately it has gotten completely out of hand. I hate snitches but I have started pushing the "alert" button. So far I seem to have been ignored; perhaps MY past indiscretions have come back to haunt me.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There's no harm in plain speaking. It cuts through so much verbiage and pussyfooting about. It doesn't mean you're breaking the T&C's though, nor does it mean you're trolling. You're just cutting to the chase ; I think plain speaking's a virtue.

It's for the moderat to decide whether they've crossed the line, leave it to them, they've climbed the greasy pole so you don't have to. Report the offender if you're so het up. Better still, have the courage of your own convictions and demonstrate some patient defiance, stand your ground within the rules, don't post back in haste, see where the flow goes. That'll earn you more respect than joining the offender in the gutter.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The real basis for the rude behavior is obvious...human nature!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well I will just say this. Somethings' on ATS, and in life are not so "cheery", so I would not worry about what other members think of you and just carry on with your ultimate goal in life, whatever that might be.

[edit on 11/15/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I've noticed this trend:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Let me quote this for you

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

We are all familiar with that chestnut. I'm talking about posts that do nothing but slam the OP. We've all seen those posts. Just commentary on the OP, nothing constructive to add to the topic. Here's a few that I've seen lately:

"This is a waste of bandwidth." Guess what, you just wasted more.
"This topic is pointless." So was that contribution.
"What a waste of time." Thanks, you just wasted more of everyone elses.

THAT is the purpose of the Complaints/Suggestions button. There can be many reasons why the thread is active. 1- The staff is unaware of it, thus the Complaints button. 2- The staff has seen it but it's under discussion. 3- The staff has seen it and it was determined that the topic is OK. Just because you don't think so doesn't mean that the topic isn't valid. We are guided by the T&C and that will determine the outcome.

Post of that manner will more often than not be labeled "Off topic" and rightly so. If you think a certain topic is not ATS worthy, send an alert. After that check out topics that you are interested in. There's no need to drop off topic posts in a thread.

Thanks for considering this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well said...

That is my philosophy (most the time, lol)..

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I agree.

I think that there are ways to disagree, to debate, to argue and to show displeasure at a thread/post.

But I think this is a product of the internet, and indicative of younger generations.

Why be polite to someone who you'll never meet face to face? It's easy to be brave when shielded by your computer, and it's easy to forget that there's a human being somewhere who is responding to you and interacting with you.

I think anyone over 30 is able to remember the days before broadband, when we had to talk to each other face to face, learn manners, see the results of our words in a persons face, show respect.

I hope that even when I disagree with a poster %100, I will still show them the common decency that I would demand of them, and show them if we were face to face.

But I am sincerely of the conviction, that a large majority of men and women under 25 are rude, sorry, but it's true.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by kiwifoot]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join