It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rome the Great Harlot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
Romulus and Remus myth is similar to the Cain and Able story.

The maternal she wolf is interesting. The Romans saw themselves as the descendants of refugees from the Trojan war. The DNA does show Romans to be related to the Turkish. The matriarch of the Trojan royal family ,Hecuba, was turned into a wolf by the gods. This was somehow considered an act of mercy ,a boon, the gods gave her after she witnessed the violent deaths of so many of her children and grandchildren.

Which is a direct parallell to the Judean Lilith stories, who was demonised (turned into an animal in many stories) by God and had to see her children and grandchildren die.

According to the many stories of Romulus and Remus, their grandfather was a Troyan refugee. A little strange though that they would know their family as they came drifting down the Tiber on a float (most like Mosjeh (Moses) in Egypt, or for that matter Asar (Osiris) in Egyptian lore). The myths surrounding Rome seems to incorporate every story of all the great nations and pantheons of antiquity.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by eradown

Especially since the Turks didn't show up in Asia Minor until the twelfth century AD

I should have been more clear; they are related to the people who live in Turkey. You are thinking of the Asians who invaded Turkey in the twelfth century AD.

He's probably thinking of the Ottomans (Osmans) who took over power in Asia Minor around that time. The Ottoman empire fell to the Turk after WW1 when Atatürk founded the Turkish Republic...

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Romulus and Remus myth is similar to the Cain and Able story.

There are also stories that Cain and Abel were twins.
And the Mormons believe that Satan and Jesus were twins.

But still, to me, the story of Romulus and Remus seems to me to be that The Harlot of Rome "feeds" or perpetuates the two entities that hold together the structure of civilization....religion and governance. These twins go hand in hand and the wolf-harlot maintains power through them.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
In the beginning Rome was an oligarchy, meaning they had two kings. Some cite the Romulus/Remus stories for the reason, but I rather look to the Spartans as the protoimage of Rome. The outcome of a war back then mostly relied on which side the Spartans were fighting for. Their whole culture was founded on war, so weak children were killed together with children who showed no interest in war. From the time they'd learn to walk, they started training for becoming a soldier in the Spartan army.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There is more which could be written about Babylon and Rome. All human civilizations are Babylon ,and they will all fall. They all become corrupted ,and they can only be replaced with newer civilizations. The rise and fall ,creation and destruction goes on forever. The burning of Babylon only stops when humans cease creating, in other words, when humans cease to exist.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

I'd rather say that Babylon is the city that works as a self revealing prophecy of the whole world. Like a Lachmus paper strip showing the composition and acidity of the world as a whole.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join