It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rome the Great Harlot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/117ff4e56a9e.jpg[/atsimg]

The story goes that Rome was founded by two brothers, Remus and Romulus (trad. b. 771 BC). It is said that a she-wolf raised them after they had been found abandoned and washed ashore by the Tiber river. The she-wolf brought them to the "Ficus Ruminalis", a sacred fig-tree at the foot of the Palatine Hill, where she breast fed them. This image can be seen all over Rome, that of a she-wolf breast feeding two infants.

Re 17:5 On her forehead was written a name with a secret meaning:
«Babylon the great, mother of whores and all abominations on Earth»

Now she-wolf, or (Lat.) lupa has a hidden meaning. For lupa was also the common word for whore, and a (Lat.) lupānar was a whorehouse. If there is some truth to the story of Remus and Romulus, it would be safe to assume that they were raised by a whore, and not a wolf. Source

And the very name Rome or Roma is linked to the Latin word Ruma (as seen in the name of the fig tree above), which means breast, and love, Amor, which is Roma spelled backwards. Ficus Ruminalis means "The Suckling Fig". Roma may also reflect the ancient Roman fertility goddess Diva Rumina. Hence Roma is a composite and complex word, like most names are. Source

[edit on 15/11/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

Hmmmmm....so is this meant to be some sort of surprise?
Intersting research on the meaning of the name; although I don't have anything to add to your study I can only say its not surprising that Rome houses the Vatican.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
who is this rome where can i meet her?

interesting. i do kinda like the wolf story better...even though it always bothered me the she-wolf didnt eat the babies. i feel that wouldve been more realistic

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

No. To any serious researcher into the Apocalypse the idea that Rome is the mystery Babylon is obvious. The story of Romulus and Remus goes on to show how Romulus killed his brother Remus in a dispute about who of them should rule Rome and give the city his name, and who of them the local deities loved the most.

And since Romulus had gathered all the criminals in the known world to live there, they had to steal women from the neighbouring tribes since no woman would even dare to look in their general direction in fear of being raped and killed. Romulus then built the Murus Romuli (Wall around Palatine Hill, just discovered recently en.wikipedia.org...) and founded the Roman Senate and the Roman Legions.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
interesting

but a she-wolf in John's Revelation vision... no he said the harlot
was dressed in royal colors & symbolic attire (crown, etc)

A more likely entity would be the Roman Queen of the Sky, Juno

~generally from www.goddess-guide.com~

Juno was the Goddess of marriage, pregnancy and childbirth.

She was the Queen of the Gods and part of the Capitoline triad that also included Minerva and Jupiter. //

One of her titles was Lucino (meaning light) //

symbolism; Sacred Plants: The wild fig tree.//

Juno's Archetypes

The Queen :

[[Juno (Roman) - Goddess of marriage, pregnancy and childbirth. She protected the finances of the citizens of Rome. Her name is mystery, ... ]]

This is because her name is derived from the root yeu meaning "vital force" indicating a more youthful, maiden Goddess www.goddess-guide.com/

As Queen of the Roman pantheon Juno has power and authority

Juno & before her Hera & before them were the Babylonian & earlier Suumerian goddesses of the sky etc... (see; Inannia for example)

the Revelation makes clear that the words MYSTERY & Babylon were aspects of this 'Queen' in the heavens..
note that even the name JUNO means 'Mystery'...

all this knowledge John the Relevator knew, it was contemporary wisdom that the followers in the 7 churches knew about...the Roman pantheon with JUNO, Minerva, Jupiter & all the others

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Indeed, and Diva Rumina (basically the deification of the She-Wolf) is the arch type of goddess Juno.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Thats something new to me. Puts more proof to me of Rome (or rather its successors) is to play the main role in tthe coming events... Im sure protoplasmic traveller would enjoy this!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
An Apokalypsis was a leather book cover used to protect important books from age related damage. The cover had to be removed to read the book

From Wikipedia:

Apocalypse (Greek: Ἀποκάλυψις Apokálypsis; "lifting of the veil" or "revelation") is a term applied to the disclosure to certain privileged persons of something hidden from the majority of humankind. Today the term is often used to refer to the end of the world (or Armageddon), which may be a shortening of the phrase apokalupsis eschaton which literally means "revelation at the end of the æon, or age". In the Christian tradition, 'The Apocalypse' refers in particular to the Book of Revelation, the last book of the bible

From Life Of Brian

Reg: But apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh-water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NWRHINO

Hehe, as in the word reveal, which should actually read reveil or unveil, since it's connected to the word Veil, cover, curtain.

Another word, Illuminatum or illumination, the art of guilding, or make things (especially pictograms and Initials) golden. How to make a boring read interesting for rich people.... Illuminati would mean "of the guilding". And through the years we have things like craftmans' guilds, who started to meet in lodges, and then we had Illuminati Lodges so to speak. Illuminatum "enlighten" or rather "belighten", "bring light to" or "light up". "Brighten up, I'd be deligheted if you'd join our guild, we meet in the lodge, you'll be enlightened, though it'll cost you some gold! But we're not the Illuminati oh no..."

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is very interesting. I'm wondering what the letters S P Q R on the mosaic represent?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We already know Revelation is a political diatribe directed at Rome. "The great whore" is almost certainly a play on words based exactly on what you're bringing up regarding the wolf

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
This is very interesting. I'm wondering what the letters S P Q R on the mosaic represent?

It stands for the Senate and People Of (Que?) Rome

Senatus Populus-Que Romanus The Senate and People of Rome. Which of course didn't include slaves or women or just about anyone, and certainly not whores and infants, but basically the Roman nobility, with variations.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I see parallels where these metaphors are often repeated.

For instance, the pillars of Jachin and Boaz which may represent the institutions of both religious and secular governance. These "twins" of power both serve to uphold the Treasury of the Mother.

Another parallel is the Suckling Fig and the mystery of the fig tree that Jesus cursed.

I think there is more to be dissected in this story.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Boaz and Jackin are the two olive branches of the two olive trees, feeding the two lamps with true light. When these two pillars are erected, two people must live and die. Like the two stars often included with remus and romulus and the wolf whore.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Not to sound ignorant or anything but you have totally lost me on this one.

What exactly are you trying to say? That John took this story from Roman folk lore and there is no mystery? or like your thread says that Rome is the Great harlot ?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Romulus and Remus myth is similar to the Cain and Able story.

The maternal she wolf is interesting. The Romans saw themselves as the descendants of refugees from the Trojan war. The DNA does show Romans to be related to the Turkish. The matriarch of the Trojan royal family ,Hecuba, was turned into a wolf by the gods. This was somehow considered an act of mercy ,a boon, the gods gave her after she witnessed the violent deaths of so many of her children and grandchildren.

Everyone who reads the bible knows that all the children of Babylon are slaughtered. This completes the Troy Rome cycle. So, why are we supposed to celebrate? I think this ties in to Inanna and Dumuzi. Had Dumuzi not celebrated the death of Inanna, the fertility goddess would have returned to the underworld. This would have been the end of all life on earth. The mystery of Babylon is resurrection.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by eradown]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Could this somehow tie into the story of the 42 young men that were cursed so that they were mauled by she-bears in Kings 2:23-24 ?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Really. The Romans are related to the Turks? I'd love to see your source from that.

Especially since the Turks didn't show up in Asia Minor until the twelfth century AD

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by eradown

Really. The Romans are related to the Turks? I'd love to see your source from that.

Especially since the Turks didn't show up in Asia Minor until the twelfth century AD

I should have been more clear; they are related to the people who live in Turkey. You are thinking of the Asians who invaded Turkey in the twelfth century AD. I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Here 's a link:
www.physorg.com...

[edit on 15-11-2009 by eradown]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NWRHINO

Hmm I always thought it came from 'Apo Calypto' from a south american tongue.

Any ways its very interesting that 'apocalypse' had a positive connotation then and now it is always negative. Now its all destruction and horror... maybe it is a little of both? I mean sacrifice is neccessary for progress, as they say... so maybe with an 'armageddon' comes an apocalypse (understanding)..?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join