It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrested for Telling the Truth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinsquibben
reply to post by ugie1028

well I've come across this a few times (playing concerts you have to get people to smuggle camera's in to get photographed) it is actually because she filmed/photographed people without their consent (this is because of the internet really). Obviously the cop wasn't a consenting person. He basically got tired of her bugging him with a camera so he nabbed her on that.

Well the thing about that is this; when you are in a public place or can be seen from a public place your picture can be taken without consent. That is why you see celebrities in the paper coming out of clubs or eating outdoors. At concerts cameras and video recording devices are usually not allowed because they are attempting to cut back on boot legging or inapropriate use of images.

I don't know for sure but it seems that she was arested for standing on the steps and amplifying her voice without proper permits. She was warned repeatedly to stay in the street and to refrain from amplifying her voice. It also doesn't help that she was in the cops' face from the begining.

I don't really feel sorry for her. She was told what could happen and she continued. As my father use to say, "if you're going to be stupid, you better be tough." My advice to her is to pick her battles a little better.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I went through this subject pretty thoroughly with a lawyer a few years ago. I planned on putting up a surveillance camera and my neighbor said she would call the police. So I one upped her and did it myself, they said I should contact a lawyer so I did. In the end, I could have a camera pointed even in their yard if I really wanted to as long as I didn't record audio it was not illegal.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expectation_of_privacy]Expectation of privacy[/url

Very good then. I thought you were on the opposite side of this argument. We really were saying the same thing then. We should be able to film in public.

Why did you want a camera so badly, and why your neighbors so upset by it? It sounds like a good story.

As for the concert. Unless it is free and open, then chances are you essentual sign a contract by just buying the tickets.

Lets see what else. I've been to the 16th chapel. You can not take any video or pictures of it. As soon as you exit however, you will find pictures of it for sale. Money. Artists and their handlers want money. The same is true for concerts. Intelectual property.

The police are not selling anything(beyond their own agenda). They were in the public domain. We should be able to document all run ins with them to better prove our cases. Audio included

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by s373r3d

I ran a business from home, and after having my house burglarized I figured a camera would be a good investment. No breakins afterwords, although the dobermann might have helped too.

I don't know why she was against it, maybe she thought I would peep at her or just didn't know me yet. After we got to know each other she didn't seem to mind or have anything else to say about the situation.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Back on topic. It sucks she got arrested, but she was aggressive. What are the thoughts of other users on The USA version versus the UK version?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join