It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY kind of hate allowed on ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What exactly is it that WE Christians do anyway? Besides teaching love thy neighbor, everyone is created equal, etc.... What exactly is it that every single christian on the face of the earth does that is so bad?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm a christian,I try to the best of my ability to defend my faith.The ones I have real problems with are the hard-core atheists,they don't
believe in anything.They redicule all religions and especially christianity.
They are able to redicule and bash christianity because they can get
away with it.I have some bash me for my signature. I remember
commenting on a member's signature once, so,I keep my mouth shut.

Everyone is scared to death of the muslims because they will respond
violently.I'm not saying on this forum,but in general.There was one
member here I really admired for defending islam,but he was banned.
Some of my threads were about experiences I encountered here.I posted
those threads to help others learn from mistakes others and myself had made on this forum.
What is being a true christian all about...putting God first, others second
and yourself last.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717
What exactly is it that WE Christians do anyway? Besides teaching love thy neighbor, everyone is created equal, etc.... What exactly is it that every single christian on the face of the earth does that is so bad?

Welp Pandora is out of her Box again lol

Good luck and just remember EVERYTHING you say CAN and DOES get used against you.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacecase7717

What do you ALL do that is so bad?

Nothing.

What do A LOT of you do that is so bad?

A lot.

My advice is just don't go around pushing your beliefs on others or expecting special treatment, and you'll never get any crap for whatever you happen to believe.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
I'm a christian,I try to the best of my ability to defend my faith.The ones I have real problems with are the hard-core atheists,they don't
believe in anything.They redicule all religions and especially christianity.
They are able to redicule and bash christianity because they can get
away with it.I have some bash me for my signature. I remember
commenting on a member's signature once, so,I keep my mouth shut.

Everyone is scared to death of the muslims because they will respond
violently.I'm not saying on this forum,but in general.There was one
member here I really admired for defending islam,but he was banned.
Some of my threads were about experiences I encountered here.I posted
those threads to help others learn from mistakes others and myself had made on this forum.
What is being a true christian all about...putting God first, others second
and yourself last.

I think you're right about what ya said but I think a lot of others have seen the activism by atheist's on these boards and are just plane tired of it when they act as religiously and as dogmatic as any religious zealot, so a lot of that is begining to backfire on them.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Sure.. OP.. Hate is perfectly acceptable when it is saying that you hate someones actions and not the person.

The poster of the offending sig file that says, I don't hate Christians I hate what they do, could very well by saying they hate all of the nasty underhanded things Christians do who are using Religion to con the people of their money or force their agenda on someone who is not willing to listen - and this person does not understand that all Christians are not like that. That's what they see in the media.. that's how Christians are most often portrayed.

Christians are often taught to " Not to hate the sinner but hate the sin" This is just saying the same type of thing the way the person with the sig file understands it.

In my Opinion, this does not translate to unhealthy hate.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

My advice is just don't go around pushing your beliefs on others or expecting special treatment, and you'll never get any crap for whatever you happen to believe.

Wow, you just told the entire membership they may as well not bother posting another thing while their is always someone else who'll say you're pushing your beliefs or forcing others to do this or that and again, all while we are denying the other guys ignorance.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

No offense intended, and to bring some (hopefully well received) levity to the OP I changed my sig in honor of your effort to navigate this thread without allowing it to become hateful.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Thanks for adding to the post. Here is my point which took me forever to figure out how to say without taking several paragraphs.

When you say that you don't hate someone/group but hate what they do, you are still hating that person/group. Here is the example I stated a page or so back.

If I say I don't hate gay people but hate what they do, I am still hating gay people by hating their actions. The actions are what make them gay and by hating one part of it, you hate the whole thing.

For disclosure in case someone just started reading this thread on this page, I don't hate gays.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

No offense intended, and to bring some (hopefully well received) levity to the OP I changed my sig in honor of your effort to navigate this thread without allowing it to become hateful.

You're one of the best!

I changed my sig a few pages back because of some of the enlightening statements you had made. Well done and I appreciate you adding your thoughts to this thread. I never really thought I would attract some of the more powerful posters/mods (cough, maxmars) on here but glad to see everyone come out.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Originally posted by bsbray11

No way. Not sure if that was meant as hostile as it sounded but wow. Seriously, this is the kind of thing that probably sets all kinds of people off. Why even make a statement like that?

I mean, I was agreeing with you right up to that last part. Why threaten?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerry_Knight
Wow, you just told the entire membership they may as well not bother posting another thing while their is always someone else who'll say you're pushing your beliefs or forcing others to do this or that and again, all while we are denying the other guys ignorance.

Everyone already posts and trashes just about whatever they want, Christianity included.

What is this thread about again?

This is what the OP says:

To get to the point, the only hate that is allowed on ATS is Anti-Christian. I sent several mods (no I won't name them as I still have some respect for them) that an individual on here had a prejudice signature line. It reads > I don't hate Christians, I hate what they do

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Only anti christian? Because i see tons of threads and posts against islam as well and religion as a whole gets a bashing. However it is not hate, simply criticism for the most part when religion sticks it's nose into areas that it has no right to be in. You know that whole seperation of church and state thing, well all you are seeing is people trying to enforce that.

Basically calm down, step back and realise that religion is a choice and therefore up for debate. Oh and how did you miss the threads that have called homosexuality wrong or unatural?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Only anti christian? Because i see tons of threads and posts against islam as well and religion as a whole gets a bashing. However it is not hate, simply criticism for the most part when religion sticks it's nose into areas that it has no right to be in. You know that whole seperation of church and state thing, well all you are seeing is people trying to enforce that.

Basically calm down, step back and realise that religion is a choice and therefore up for debate. Oh and how did you miss the threads that have called homosexuality wrong or unatural?

With the rating and experience you have on here, I am shocked you jumped in and didn't at least read most of my posts. Had you, you would have seen that I modified my view to reflect what others had brought to light. I am not foolish enough to stick to a wrong belief when presented with better, more reliable information. The great mods and posters on here offered up great examples which showed it wasn't just Christians but also confirmed one of my theories which is "hate is alive and well on ATS".

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

What do you ALL do that is so bad?

Nothing.

What do A LOT of you do that is so bad?

A lot.

I am afraid that your answer of "a lot" is kind of vague. You are going to have to be more specific. Also some, I would not say a lot, of Christians try to push their beliefs on other people. Most religions do. When is the last time there was a christian suicide bomber? When is the last time a christian beheaded someone for not converting to Christianity? There is a difference in trying to teach someone about Christianity and trying to force someone into christianity.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx

I don't believe in ANY kind of hate.

To get to the point, the only hate that is allowed on ATS is Anti-Christian.

Religious groups have various values and behaviors - to hate those various values and behaviors is perfectly acceptable.

Values, beliefs and behaviors are what regulate our interaction with each other.

Lets take an example - your values are that human life is worthless unless they subscribe to your beliefs, that you are not only allowed - but obligated to kill people who disagree with your beliefs, and that all authority on heaven and earth originates only from your holy and sacred texts.

This set of beliefs is not only intolerant, but extremely dangerous - but these are principles on which at least one religion is predicated.

How about Satanists - can we hate their teaching and religion? Of course we can - it is moral and just for individuals to decide what values, behaviors and beliefs are acceptable - and which are not.

Hating a religion and its teachings does not discriminate between people - it merely targets those values which are abhorrent.

I hate Christianity, Judaism, and Islam - and maybe some other religions I am not fully aware of. The basis for my hatred of these, and almost all religions is that they believe things with little to no evidence, but not only that - they carry out beviors and take on values because of those unfounded beliefs.

All belief is unfounded - but is generally harmless. THe harm comes when people act on those unfounded beliefs, and encourage others to do so.

For example - I might believe that buses don't exist. It is all well and good to believe that, but when I start encouraging others to walk in front of buses, then that is clearly dangerous.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Really? You strike me as someone that is far more intelligent then your last response leads me to believe. Of course "get crap" isn't the part that seemed to be threatening but your overall response. It was one of those lines "if you don't go pushing your religion around, you won't get any crap" that I would expect some cowboy in a western to spout out to some religious group going through his town. I didn't see you respond like that to anyone else who wasn't Christian.

Just interesting to observe.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Alright. I am heading out for the night but will be back in the morning to catch up. Keep bringing the topics and debate as I love to see passionate people stating their beliefs, wrong or right.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
I didn't see you respond like that to anyone else who wasn't Christian.

Considering what this thread is about, I'm not surprised.

You were complaining about someone putting in their sig that they hate what Christians do. Like I said, I see people post all the time that they hate what gays do, or what the military does, or what terrorists do.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

you left out hindu, pagan, buddhist, satanist, druidic, norse, kabbalist, and new age. that filter you're using must be pretty specific!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join