It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which hand you use?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Right handed with mixed results, right on one and almost 50/50 on the other... I wouldnt read into some of those tests too much, some of the questions were hypothetical and people just guess what there reaction would be( or what they would like it to be). one was about how you would learn to dance! how the hell would you answer that honestly if you never tried?

[edit on 11-11-2009 by HanoverFat]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

We already know that most people in the world are right handed. What would be interesting to see is what household items and other "things" that are made "cater to the masses" such as an electric tin can opener. Pretty sure you use your right hand to press the lever down. Do they make a left handed model? Don't know. I wonder if when things are invented that subconciously the inventor favors their dominent hand and the product comes out in that manner? I wonder out of Tesla, Edison, Einstein, etc... were the majority of them right or left handed.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Is there a link to the brain test? Just to see if they find ANYTHING!!

I am primarily right handed, but if I can't get at what I want to do, I use my left.

Like: with tools, drills, saws etc, but my l/h writing is slightly less atrocious than my r/h

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
erm..sorry but I was quite taken aback by the title of this thread
i was like '' HERE !!? on ATS !?"
guess i have a durrty mind !
Also I believe the theory had been debunked as a myth ..
this link here may help clarify what I mean..

but interesting post nevertheless.
Oh ! and I use my right hand.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

OK - heres a very cool test about right and left brain thingy!

WHICH WAY DO YOU SEE THE GAL SPINNING ?

When I first saw this illusion, I perceived the silhouette as spinning in a clockwise direction. But after staring at it for a while, it appeared to be rotating in the opposite direction. It took some time, but it happened eventually.

keep at it - it WILL happen !!

ultracool !

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm left-handed for most things, like writing, brushing teeth, holding scissors, holding the phone, etc. But I swing a bat like a righty, kick a ball with my right foot, use a mouse right-handed. I'm somewhat ambidextrous, but mostly left-handed.

I scored 49-51 on one of those tests.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
According to that test, 11 right-brain, 7 left-brain. Another test I've taken showed similar results.

I'm dominant with my right hand.

I'm also dominant with my right leg.

And if I'm surfing or skateboarding, I stand goofy-foot (right foot in front), not that that has anything to do with this, but thought I'd mention it.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Left brain, left-handed except writing - done with the right hand.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Those tests weren't very accurate. The Dancing Lady one is thrown off by the music resulting in more right brained results. For the record I was born a lefty but raised buy my grandmother who insisted on me being right handed, now I fail with both hands equally.

How to make the girl change directions. To make her go clockwise, sing a song in your head. To make her go counter clockwise do a math problem in your head or start counting by 3's or something like that.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I think mine was 56% left brained & 44% right brained.

I can use both hands to write.. can write quicker with my left hand though!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I saw the thread about abstinence then I stumbled over this. You can imagine what I thought about.

I guess I have a slight right-brained bias. I don't remember my scores.

My handedness is pretty mixed up with a slight right-hand bias. Some particular things have a preference but I often employ both for some things. This is hardly a complete list.

Left hand: Writing with pen or pencil, stirring with utencils, eat with fork in left hand-knife in right

Right hand: Writing on chalkboard, scissors, sports, musical instruments, computer controls, weapons

Both: Tools like screwdrivers, wrenches and knives.

There are quite a few left handers in my family. My sister is somewhat mixed as well and opposite in preference to myself for things listed.

Oh, right. I'm ignored. Too spiritual-ee and stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Removed: My first-ever double post!

[edit on 11/30/2009 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Right hand
not ambidextrous

Wolf

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Completely Right handed.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by logistix111

We already know that most people in the world are right handed. What would be interesting to see is what household items and other "things" that are made "cater to the masses" such as an electric tin can opener.

I think that's an interesting question - I've wondered that myself

I'm right handed - but can use my left almost just as well if I need to - everything except for writing

but I can paint with my left hand - and use my left for some things - to the point where I've been asked if I'm left handed

so obviously we have one that's dominant - and we tend to go with that - which just makes it that much more dominant

so if everything is set up for the right hand we wouldn't have a reason to use our left as often

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm Left handed Left Brain 47% Right Brain 53%

I used a knife & fork the same as a right handed person. When i was at primary school in the 70's we were made to "hold them in the right way".
Feels odd to use my right hand.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Which hand you use?

Here's an idea... why not see if you can correlate the left-right slant with those who either load their toilet paper to unroll over from the top/front or from the bottom/rear?

OH definatly the toilet paper over from the front!!!....the other way is just not on!! naharr no way....
oh right brained...right handed...to answer the question.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join