It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which hand you use?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I noticed on the right-brain/left-brain thread that most people responding were more right brained. Either the tests are skewed, or people on ATS are disproportionately right-brained. I've read that since the right-brain controls the left side of the body, many right-brained people are left-handed.

I'm right-brained and left-handed. Just wanted to get some responses and see which hand ATS members are. Lefties make up 13-20% on average. Does ATS have more lefties than this?

Oops, should have linked the thread which has the tests I took earlier when wondering about this. My bad!

Left/Right brained?

[edit on 11-11-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Left-Handed here!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm right brained right handed, you must have seen my post.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i noticed there isnt any Polls on ATS, its more of open discussions.
i write with my right hand.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was like 37% left and 63% right and I am right handed. Do you think it may have something to do with the closeness of a lot of the posters' %'s?

I could have told you before taking the test I was right brained haha. I've got the math scores to prove it haha.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Which hand you use?

Here's an idea... why not see if you can correlate the left-right slant with those who either load their toilet paper to unroll over from the top/front or from the bottom/rear?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm right handed.. dunno which "brained" I am.. I probably don't use either side of my brain.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Actually I use both hands, but the strange thing is that when I use the left I get a strange feeling of contentment.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
i'm right brained and ambidextrous!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sheesh! I was shocked to see this question. So many males come here so my thoughts I'm sorry to say were in the gutter......oops

Just shows I've been married too long.....

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Im right handed and a perfect 50/50 on the brain!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am right handed. I took all the tests on that thread and the results were pretty even. One said I was right brained (55-45), the other left (55-45).

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Can someone provide a link to that test?

I'm dominant left.. but do a few things right handed... like use a mouse, swing a golf club, use scissors... however I think I adapted to right handedness in a few areas because I had no choice.

Doesn't the church think us lefties are the work of satan?

IRM

[edit on 11/11/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
Sheesh! I was shocked to see this question. So many males come here so my thoughts I'm sorry to say were in the gutter......oops

Just shows I've been married too long.....

Yes! Brain in gutter also. Divorced with a much younger GF.

I try to use both hands and switch off doing most tasks.
Don't know if it helps the brain, but it balances wear and
tear!
I think it boils down to mental and physical stimulation.

Idiocracy the Movie pretty much says it all!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am lefthanded..I kick with my left foot.. throw with my leftarm...am left eyed dominant but the test scores were 11 left brain..7 right brain
59 left brain..41 right brain
The girl went clockwise first, but was able to make her go either way.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have a test for you.

Sit on a chair and raise you're right foot off the floor, just enough so you can move it around in a clockwise direction.

Then hold you're right hand out in front of you, and move that around in an anti-clockwise direction, at the same time as you foot is moveing clockwise.

Watch what happens to you foot/leg.

EDIT: Im right handed, left brain.....at home.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Agent-ATS]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I'm kinda glad this was started. I am considerably more right then left, however i am right handed. The thing is up until i was 3 i was lefty, and use my left for some tasks. I also have a mild form of dyslexia.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
right hand

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm right brained
I'm also right handed.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Right handed and slightly right brained according to the tests. I thought I'd turn out more right brained as I certainly enjoy those traits more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join