It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO videos being removed from youtube

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I was browsing through my favourites this afternoon and half of the videos on UFOS had simply gone!!
Look at these screen pics

s421.photobucket.com...

s421.photobucket.com...

s421.photobucket.com...

s421.photobucket.com...

s421.photobucket.com...

s421.photobucket.com...

s421.photobucket.com...

Notice all the video unavailables showing up in red..

Is there any explanation for this?

I understand its been happening for quite a while now.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Were the removed videos suspected hoaxes? Have they been debunked before? Just a thought, maybe all the known hoaxes are being removed to restore ufology, or if they are removing the unexplained, then they are trying to destroy it.

Just a thought, but if the removals seemed random I don't know what to say, maybe they see ufos as a joke and are clearing server space.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Youtube removed my ufo videos too
I don't know what is the reason. They did not give any information for this.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

One was the phoenix lights, and the another on NASA Ufos, all with 100k views and more..

Still dont know what to think ..

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It is possible its copyrighted material, or has been bought by some tv station for an upcoming show and upon their request taken down.
Dont know, just a thought really.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Then it's either what pazcat says, or they're trying to destroy ufology.

I don't think youtube would normally remove 100k view videos,

Send them an email asking why they were removed.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They are normally taken down because people are posting videos that are not theirs and they just change the title. Would you like it if you took a video of something and people started crappin it up with titles like OMG DRACO STARSHIP GFL PROOF.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Interesting... if someone had purchased these videos, saying a television company... That "could" branch in two directions. Either using the videos for a theoretical show or how so many have been talking about disclosure... makes ya wonder. Though this "disclosure" would be pretty cool but until it happens I will just debate about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlubberyConspiracy
...or they're trying to destroy ufology.

Ufology is doing a good enough job of that itself.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Hadyn -don't know the reason either but theres been one hell of a lot of decent UFO videos removed by Youtube over the last few years.

Tried to save a few in this thread but many have now gone for good.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

There is a good example those top 3 videos belong to one person so two (or more which there probaby are) of them could be removed if one person said it was theirs.

www.youtube.com...

Another example there.
The videos are being removed because they are being yanked by other people and posted without permission.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Someone should create a independent site called YufoTube.com

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Probably because most of the vids are fake.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Someone should create a independent site called YufoTube.com

Have you even seen the ATS media Portal? It is pretty close, if you want more people using it get some friends to add stuff.

Probably because most of the vids are fake.

No, youtube does not remove videos because they are hoaxes.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I've noticed this aswell, and it tends to be the more credible UFO videos that get taken down.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I very much doubt it's down to any judgement about whether they're real or not. The usual route to have stuff removed from YouTube (ianal) is through DMCA notices or flagging for inappropriate or graphic content(like sex, violence, adult material or fraud).

If it's a DMCA notice over copyright IIRC they should send details and how to appeal. But if it's a general ToS (Terms of Service) violation I'm not sure there's an appeal process but they should give a reason to the people who have uploaded videos.

I have a few questions:

Is it possible that a few prolific uploaders have had their accounts removed for something like spamming or other behaviour against the ToS?

Has YouTube been served some kind of injunction by the copyright holders of the original videos? (would explain no invocation of the DMCA).

The devil's in the detail and the people who have had the videos removed will hopefully clarify matters.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by jackphotohobby]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

No, youtube does not remove videos because they are hoaxes.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by zaiger]

And how do you know this?

Fake movies, waste of space on servers, delete them all, save money. Business.

Edit: I don't just mean fake UFO vids, anything that's old videos that get zero playtime anymore, like cleaning out the garage, junk in the trash...makes more room without buying servers or server space etc.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This is why if I find ANY Good Vids on Youtube I save them to disc with my Vid Downloader software.

Apart from this, quite a few times they have stopped some of my comments about Freemasons, UK Royal family etc.

You MUST Understand that Youtube are part of the mainstream establishment now. So ANYTHING they don't want you to see, will be disposed of. Just SAVE them in future and use other methods to distribute them to members of ATS.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There is an overload of hundreds of people reposting the same videos over and over. I wouldn't mind if they streamlined things a bit.

People with original content, like Alison (seeingUFOsPA), seem to be going strong.

I would die happy if there were a few hundred less people reposting that Terra hoax over and over and over and over and over.

I don't know. I'm subscribed to a ton of ufo channels and haven't seen any of them closed.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by naught

People with original content, like Alison (seeingUFOsPA), seem to be going strong.

If by going strong you mean laughed at a lot then yes. If I see one more plane video of hers on ATS i will be sick.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join