It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Subliminals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Or just pressing MS to describe the mechanisms and better explicate the process? ...If so, I can't play right now - maybe later.

For the record...I am currently ingesting more information on this topic. This thread provided some very interesting aspects I hadn't considered (and which may not have been intended...
)...

And this topic necessarily requires thought and attention...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Mind Reading Software Could Record Dreams

Posted for potential relevance...

Edit for spelling.

[edit on Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:09:00 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
-Blatant Bump-

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Very, very interesting. And worrying.

I read the linked thread about the military AI supercomputer mind monitoring, and enjoyed it to the point when the writer started recommending David Icke to read. From a quick, layman psychological perspective, his claims fit pretty into the category of someone suffering from some kind paranoid delusion.

I'm not saying that there isn't mind control -and there probably is- but he shows little or no evidence to back up his claims. I'm sure there's some kind of population mind control, every superpower has done it, but some of the claims are pretty outrageous.

This is IMHO of course.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Disregard David Icke...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
forgive us if your soul we coax
but death may be just a hoax!!

friends, fear ends
it takes courage to cure rage
pure fact is close to perfect

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Friends...Fear ends?

Talk about phonetic similarities...lol

But seriously, this thread is intended for serious and considered responses to the thread topic.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

But at some point within the next six hours, a flood of proteins produced by the brain moves the memory from short-term to a long-term imprint.

Link

If the above doesn't prove an attempt to artificially manipulate the natural process of experiential downloading to long term memory...or at least the attempt to demonstrate as such...I don't know what does...

They are trying to find drugs that manipulate the neuro-transmitters which have been evolved to regulate memory, dreams and the subsequent behaviour that the process entails...

This is what they are fighting about...

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think people should be repeatedly reminded of important topics like this.

Really enjoyed reading the OP, will have more to say about this later after I've finished some related research. Many thanks for the time and effort put into your posts! Star and Flag.

Can we initiate an 'ATS Classics forum', and get people to vote on threads they would like to see included as the 'pick of the bunch' from each sub-section of the site..? Mods/ Site owners? Whaddya dink? This one would make my list.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NoahTheSumerian

I have some more to add on this as well...but for now I humbly thank you for your comments...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoahTheSumerian
I think people should be repeatedly reminded of important topics like this.

Agreed...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
As well, memory gets allocated by sensory perception.

Allocated should be replaced with "categorized" for it to make more sense...clarification is good...chemical categorization of sensory experience is how our neural branches can be inclined...even if the different sensory 'branches' overlap...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Double post dag-nammit.

edit on 5-6-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Posting here to get it bumped back up for ATS consideration...

I had a specific experience the other day that makes me suspect that I'm - to some degree - a 'targeted individual'.

Will muse a bit more then come back to add the details...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Ha! NoahTheSumerian - That was my old screen name - looks like I've been here before, Memshock me old mucker.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Welcome back, Noah...lol...

I need to go back and re-read the argument/discussion that resulted...there is a lot of new information I have run across that may be applicable. I still think though that I was stuck in semantics for a page or two...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

You're not going to believe the dreams I had last night. Here, check them out:

Proof** that someone is communicating to me in dreams.. **As near as possible, anyway

Would especially value your thoughts MemShock, considering your background.. Cheers.

PS - I noted a few posts up that I had an 'experience' the other day, making me think I was targeted in some way - I'll add that into the thread later on; it seemed huge at the time, but now it takes a back seat compared to the dreams of last night. It's still relevant, and may even have been to prepare me for the events of last night. Will explain either in one of the threads, or by U2U.

I had a specific experience the other day that makes me suspect that I'm - to some degree - a 'targeted individual'.

edit on 6-6-2012 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

MIT researchers have successfully reached inside the brains of rats and manipulated their dreams using an audio cue conditioned into them during the previous day. It's a development that lends insight into the whole sleep/memory consolidation relationship. But it's also worth reiterating that this is dream control, external manipulation of the mind during sleep. And it could one day lead to the controlled engineering of dreams.

The researchers accomplished their dream manipulation by training rats to run through a maze during the day, using audio tones to guide them. One tone indicated that a left turn would lead the rats to food, with the other tone indicating a right turn would be met with reward. While the rats did this, the researchers logged all their neural activity. Then, exhausted from a full day of left- and right-turning, the rats went to sleep.

Scientists have long known that while we sleep, our hippocampus replays many of the day's events and consolidates what happened into memories. It works the same way for rats, and the researchers wanted to know if they could use the audio cues embedded in the day's memories to influence the progression of a dream. It turns out they can. Analysis showed that when lab rats dream (at least these lab rats), they dream of mazes. And if the researchers played the audio chimes to the rats while they were dreaming, they would immediately begin dreaming of the section of the maze associated with that particular chime.

So the content of the rats' dreams was altered, essentially by cuing specific memories from the previous day using a trigger - in this case the audio chime. They think this finding could lead to new kinds of dream manipulation that could also be used to edit the memory consolidation process - basically enhancing, numbing, or blocking out memories - which in turn could aid in the treatment of things like PTSD. Crazy stuff. Abstract and such are over at Nature Neuroscience.

Source

Posted for posterity. I stand by my assertion that remotely transmitted 'subliminals' have been used to influence the thoughts and behavior of humans...and most certainly experimentation of it has occurred upon unwitting and unconsulted individuals.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Book marking
thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join