It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For God's Sake, Keep Race and Religion Out of It!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I don't know about anyone else on here but I am sick to death of following interesting threads that degenerate into arguements about race and religious orientation.

When I look out into the world, I see people. I don't see skin colour, I don't see belief systems or boundaries, I just see my fellow brothers and sisters.

Start treating people as human beings instead of ramming them into boxes and assigning them motives. People are so quick to tarnish entire institutions and organisations for the actions of a few people. I'm not going to oust individual threads here. I just know I've come across more than my fair share of this type of crap on this site, hence my reaction here.

In my opinion, racism is an inability to maintain balance in this issue and in the last few months, the threads have been rife with it. Cut it out and start setting an example we can be proud of. God knows we have a major reputation and responsibility to uphold here...

Th8nker

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm going to have to disagree with you. Whether you like it or not, race and religion have a very powerful influence on someones actions, and thoughts. One cannot deny that race and especially religion shape and mold a persons belief system. So leaving race and religion out is not the answer.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Th8nker

Spoken like a true Episcopalian... I myself am a Presbaterian and you are just complaning like all Episcopalians...

LOL just kidding.. you mke a great point. But what fun woud it be if we didnt stick it to each other every now and again? I think you should just learn to let it slide off of your back.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Absolutely in agreement,
getting them all the time just doesnt happen, sometimes it never happens but dealing with facts and intelligence surely is the way to go.
On here, as anywhere, we as people have 3 choices.
Builders
Sustainers
Destroyers
I live that everyday of my life.
The language and emotion in a post or sentence reveals who that person is within those 3 choices.
Its an absolute litmus test.

KEY WORD= degenerate... argument of lost resort, thats when race and religion enter. Not every post is racial or religious.
This one isnt either, but it will degenerate into one 5,4,3,2,1 launch>

star and flag for you

[edit on 9-11-2009 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Your idealism only holds water if it is true that no religion or creed of people is guilty of evil plots against other creeds, races, or cultures.

Look..I am no racist, but I also see a huge danger in being politically correct just for the sake of "tolerence".

If you want to live in a world where you can absolutely say races are not bent on erasing other races, and that certain religions are not currently declaring endless war on "nonbelievers" until they are all killed ...well then I'd say you are deaf and blind and not keeping yourself up to date on world politics.

Yes...a lot of racists bring personal spite, hate and lies to the table and yes they are misguided for doing so.

But if you are saying there is no race or religion making a problem for the world right now...then you just are being silly.

Is it 100% of a race? Is it 100% of a single religion? No..it most certainly is not.

But if you are so safe in thinking that there is no religious or racial group that wants YOU dead for reasons of your skin or religion (or lack of), then you my friend need to start looking deeper into the wealth of information around you.

You are on a great site for that sort of study...might I add.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I am in total agreement that race and religion are extremely important in our world today and should be discussed openly but my problem is with the tolerance for other points of view. There doesn't seem to be any conduct when arguements break out in those arenas. People don't seem to be able to keep their cool and it almost always ends up messy. All too often I've also seen race and religion dragged into topics where it wasn't warranted and thats the times where it really gets under my skin.

Cheers for the replies.
Th8nker

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It is always a loathsome act to drag out racist remarks and biased opinions on a certain race or culture. People who do so have an agenda and are lost to hate.

But do not make the mistake of being the polar opposite end of that stick.

Seeing no threat just for the sake of "tolerance" may do well to prove you not a bigot. But a blind man of equality and tolerance is still a blind man.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Sorry, whether you like it or not, race & religion are a major issue. I believe religion is more of an issue, because if you are, for example, a Radical in your religion, you might not accept non-believers.

Radical religion is a problem. You can't deny it. Maybe you don't understand because you haven't put yourself in that state of mind.

Race is another issue. Some people are just racist.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hey Mr Mask,

I'm under no illusion that there are people out there who want to kill me, my family and my way of life. There are some truly evil entities walking around out there that are a major threat to us all.

I'm not blind to any of it and yet I can still remain balanced on my point of view of the individual. I guess my reasoning for this post is really because I'm continually seeing the race/religion topic used where it blantantly doesn't belong. You make some excellent points here and I think you cover my point that it is integral to remain balanced because if you're not, you're a blind man either way you look at it.

Th8nker

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th8nker
Hey Mr Mask,

I'm under no illusion that there are people out there who want to kill me, my family and my way of life. There are some truly evil entities walking around out there that are a major threat to us all.

I'm not blind to any of it and yet I can still remain balanced on my point of view of the individual. I guess my reasoning for this post is really because I'm continually seeing the race/religion topic used where it blantantly doesn't belong. You make some excellent points here and I think you cover my point that it is integral to remain balanced because if you're not, you're a blind man either way you look at it.

Th8nker

I am no Dali lama, but you seem to be on a good path. I do see (and dislike) the racism you speak of around here (everywhere actually), and so does the staff of ATS (remember the recent anti-racism U2U we all got a few months back).

So yeah...I am not here to disagree with you. You sound level headed thus far.

But I must say, I DO also notice a lot of topics banned from the popular channels of conspiracy discussion (funny how Alex Jones don't like discussions about the Knights of Malta and various other important subjects on his campaign against TPTB ).

Alls I guess I am saying is...it is very dangerous to throw the racist-baby out with the bathwater. There are religious and racial plots and plans around us. There always has been. Turning a blind eye to them because "racism" disgusts you (as it should) is a risky thing to do.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Mr Mask]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
According to the Old testament God is a Racist.

I am not saying anything not true, I am a Christian myself, but it happened like this. God told his Hebrew Nation Not to intermarry with other cultures. God did not want the pagan influence of other peoples to corrupt his chosen people. He wanted then to remain pure. As it turned out they didn't listen and they had to be punished by God for disobeying until they once again returned to God's will for them.

Now you may be right in that hateful mud slinging simply do to the color of a mans skin is wrong.. but there are times when keeping your peoples separate from another race can be a good thing.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The biggest problem is ignorance. But that knife cuts both ways. I've listened to ignorant a#$% after 9/11 treating Indians like they were the ones who did it. Why because the people in question had no idea what they were talking about. On the other side after the FT. Hood shooting it has come out that the shooter was involved in some shady activities. Nothing was done because of a misguided pc policy. That too is ignorant. Some minorities need to learn about true racism and how anyone can be a racist. I'm talking about the current trend to rationalize away someones guilt because of some unrelated factor. The people in the US for the most part hate the KKK, yet another race with a similar type group gets ignored. When it comes to racism and religion to many folks can't see the forest for all the trees!

[edit on 9-11-2009 by hangedman13]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hi JohnPhoenix,

Thats a tough one to be able to reply to without bringing into this thread my own religious perspectives and think I'll choose not to do that. It'll potentially spin things off topic. I do feel seperation is very necessary in the world because there are predators and prey everywhere. Sometimes, seperation is necessary just because people don't get on. I do feel that we need to work at unity however in not so much solving our differences but learning to live and respect them. Websites such as this should be enforcing those ideals. There are some awesome thinkers on this site, people who can really make a difference. We need to bring the race/religion stuff in when it needs to be discussed and when we do, we need to be tolerant and calm about it both as speaker and listener. And like I said in the opener to this thread, if it isn't relevent, keep it out of the conversation. It just serves to throw things off topic.

Th8nker

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
As an atheist , everything thats pushed down our throats and in our ears are race or religion orientated, the true fact is that many races have there own religions, so theres a common factor for an argument, right or wrong everyone will believe in what there race belives in, most wars are caused for there beliefs , anyone who says we need world peace are just mad in my opinion,its never going to happen, so if you leave race or religion out of it theres no side to the argument of whatever the issue is, even the sillliest things what we watch everyday are religion based e.g the simpsons concentrate more on christianity whereas family guy is more jewish related the simplest things are gonna be race or religion its just a part of life it's sad but true. news, newspapers,buisnesses and even football clubs in the uk are much orientated by race and religion its a factor in life that will be there forever.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I get sick of reading utter trash that is considered 'fact' with no merit and no proof except some wild join the dots conspiracy that was dreamed up while being abducted by aliens after dodging the NWO on the way to posting there theory.
Come on just read some of the BS that people post here

Then when some one mentions God....oh my goodness

Well it's not so much that the non-believers have been attacked it more an opportunity to humiliate the believer for their input...and stupidity for having faith.

To put it simply, if a thread is worthy of my time and I have answer and it includes God, then I will input it.
If yo dont like my answer, ok..get over it, we dont then need 20 posts to explain why I am a mindless fool that cant think for myself, and that the God is mythical image created my man and etc etc etc....

This is the problem.

top topics

join