It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS join search in Helmand for gunman who killed five soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

SAS join search in Helmand for gunman who killed five soldiers

www.timesonline.co.uk

A full-scale manhunt involving British special forces and Afghan police units is under way in Helmand to try to find the gunman responsible for shooting dead five soldiers in Nad-e Ali.

Tributes to the soldiers murdered by an Afghan police officer poured in yesterday as the death of another British serviceman was announced.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well here we go. I say good luck.

It appears there are three theories as to why the killings were carried out..

1. The attacker was high on drugs
I'm not sure how real that one is.

2. It was a Taleban plot
Probably the most likely

3.Revenge for loss of face
This is also a probable cause.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

crazy! if only they done this kind of targettet man hunts 7 or 8 years ago (however long its been) and we could have had osama and no crazieness **.... and we wouldnt be risking the dam SAS on these crazy man hunts!

(**they would have just skipped to iraq)

[edit on 5-11-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
SAS HUNT GULBUDDIN

An sas squad was last night leading the manhunt for the Afghan assassin who gunned down five British soldiers in cold blood.

The killer has been identified only as a policeman called Gulbuddin.

It was unclear last night whether he was simply a lone rogue officer or a Taliban infiltrator acting with an accomplice.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Two groups I wouldn't want hunting me. And the SAS is one of them.

As if the SAS ever required any motivation, they certainly have extra motivation to run this clown into the ground.

Be a real shame if he's taken alive.

Nah.

That's not going to happen.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
|It would be a shame if the hunter becomes the hunted. Remember, everyone is on their ground playing by their rules.

One should ask, how many more sleepers are there ? , that is, if this is a military exercise on behalf of the Taliban to simply see how and what logistics are involved by the U.K. special forces. Similar attacks were mounted against U.S. special forces with alarming success hits. The problem is that they all look and clothe the same as the general non hostile public.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Royal Military Police are investigating whether the gunman, identified as Gulbuddin, was acting alone in response to a “ticking off” he received from one of the British military mentors reportedly Warrant Officer 1 Chant, or that he was a Taleban infiltrator who picked his moment when the British troops were most vulnerable.

Strange timing and similarity to the event in Texas! This will be interesting!

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Agreed, I know if I had either the SAS or SBS on my case i'd be dropping afew bricks

It is bizzare that this has happened & then the gunman at the texas base attack.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

We never know what horrific things the english are doing over there, so why this rubbish about the uk being the good guys. The uk is there to kill people, what is the other side to do.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already covered here.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
4. This is another attempt to destablise the region and thus keep British troops active and serving. Thus the Military Contractors are still getting paid and the false-flag "black ops" teams still get their training in Iraq/Afghanistan for when they get assigned on civilian targets to boost support for these troops serving out there.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
For what it is worth - there are now claims the Taliban are stating that the shooter was one of theirs..

Taliban claim responsibility for killing five British troops in Afghanistan

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Even with that there will be some who feel it was a " False Flag"

top topics

join