It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London mayor saves woman from 'oiks'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

London mayor Boris Johnson has rescued a woman who was being attacked by an armed group of young girls, chasing them down the road on his bicycle.

Franny Armstrong called for help as she was surrounded and pushed by the girls, one of whom had an iron bar, in Camden, north London, on Monday night.

The mayor, who was cycling past, stopped and chased the girls down the street, calling them: "Oiks".

Good lad. At least he isn't as cowardly as some other politicians.

He may have saved that womans life.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Stupid American here.

What's an "oik" lol

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Or... he hired them to 'attack' someone so he could play the hero.

NEVER trust a politician.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

really? what was the purpose of that comment...

apparently this guy did a good deed...but here we are...saying he set it up...

sometimes a person is in the right place at the right time.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I think paranoia is getting the better of you my friend. It's sad that some people would equate EVERY story to some form of cover up.

I think ocham's razor here would dictate that he was simply in the right place at the right time and did this woman service.

If he wanted to play hero he would have stopped a bank robbery or something.

Good on him. Either way the security camera's in London would have caught all of that.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ok, so I'm paranoid. I've had enough people actually out to get me, that I dont even trust my pets....

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I like Boris he makes no effort to disguise his true character which is a rare thing in politics I would vote for him to succeed Brown tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Ok, so I'm paranoid. I've had enough people actually out to get me, that I dont even trust my pets....

And there you have it. Seriously I would think about some help, or meds, or a vacation or some time AWAY from ATS.

PS - Why do you have so many people after you?

Dorian Soran

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Aww,i`ve always liked Boris.
Got some good shoulders on him that bloke.

Oik means a youngster/someone who behaves badly.Or something like that.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
OIK:

Depreciatory schoolboy word for a member of another school; an unpopular or disliked fellow-pupil. Also gen., an obnoxious or unpleasant person; in weakened senses, a 'nit-wit', a 'clot'. Hence 'oikish a., unpleasant, crude; 'oickman (see quot. 1925).

www.urbandictionary.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

One word: PETA. They went after everyone at the shelter I worked at, and I am STILL kinda checking my own butt, any odd noise outside is cause for worry... I had these *!&#$!! *people* taking pics of me all day, and probably at night.... They worked with the local politicians to literally throw the entire shelter out into the street, taking animals, and trying to get everyone basically shredded into little bits of confetti, so some rich SOB could put a condo on the site. I had a local tv station SHOW UP at the place I was tending (complete with the homeowner's dogs, after all this crap hit the fan), trying to pump me for all I am worth on TV. I was also turned in for every last 'violation' there was on property concerning the dogs to the local animal authorities. $900 in fines later (thankfully paid by the people owned the house), I was a nervous wreck.

So yes- I am paranoid. It'll probably take years to quit thinking there's a shadowed figure around every corner. And politicians... Hmph. The only good politician.....

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The last time I tried something like that I ended up having my nose broken and my skull fractured and then if that was not enough to contend with I had to fend off a gang of feral youth, one of which was trying to stick me with a knife – of course the police were splendid afterwards...

NOT!

Either I have become too cynical for my own good or I smell a political point scoring setup.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Good old Boris. If politics were solely based on the cult of personality, he'd be Prime Minister already.

He is funny and he does seem honest, but i still wouldn't trust him in charge of the country. Tories have that effect on me.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I take comfort from the knowledge that, in some parallel dimension, one of the oiks pulled out a Kalashnikov and blew Boris's brains out.

I really don't care for that man at all, you might have guessed ...

new topics

top topics

join