It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's some interesting stuff

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Also if I may add, about 6 months ago I was watching a news program on
oil and one of the Forbes Bros. was the guest.
The host said to Forbes, "I am going to ask you a direct question and I
would like a direct answer, how much oil does the U.S. have in the ground."
Forbes did not miss a beat,he said, "more than all the Middle East put together."
Please read below.

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April ('08) that only
scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a
revised report (hadn't been updated since '95) on how much oil was in
this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota ; western South Dakota ;
and extreme eastern Montana .... check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe
Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on
foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at
503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... at
$107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3
trillion.

'When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see
their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea..' says Terry Johnson, the
Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

'This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found
in the past 56 years' reports, The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a
formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to
as the 'Bakken.' And it stretches from Northern Montana, through North
Dakota and into Canada . For years, U. S.. oil exploration has been
considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching
for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological
breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves.... and we now
have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light,
sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER
BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years
straight.

2. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should -
because it's from TWO YEARS AGO!

U. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World!
Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the
largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION
barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In
three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With
this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders,
than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official
estimates:

- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
- 18-times as much oil as Iraq
- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
- 22-times as much oil as Iran
- 500-times as much oil as Yemen
- and it's all right here in the Western United States .

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the
environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America
become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of
people dictate our lives and our economy.....WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in
this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION
barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude
oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.

Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think
again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to. Think
OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?

Source
Wikki

[edit on 3-11-2009 by dthwraith]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hope this is the right spot if not MODS please move.

I don't know if this is true or not, got it today in a email and thought I'd pass it along to all of you. Maybe someone here knows more about this. If it's true then why the hell don't we tap into it!!??

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of people here on ATS reading this already know about Alaskan oil, offshore oil, alternative (suppressed) energy, more efficiency, etc, etc...

The answer to "WHY?" is, money & power, world control, etc... It's sad but true.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am sure we will have some start to deny this. I have done research on the oil in Alaska that we already have tapped(drilled and ready to pump) enough oil to run the US for 200 years. The environmentalists are a wing of the Oil Companies. I just hate the sheeple that fall for the creators of these groups. They do not even ask where their funding comes from.

We the Sheeple, hereby swear to be the slaves and the spokespeople of the very people that keep us slaves.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So if we hold all this oil it kinda blows the "war for oil" argument out of the water.

That being said, why don't we tap into this oil? I can understand the argument against drilling in protected places (parks/forests etc..) but it can't all be in protected areas like that, right?

And, if we aren't going to war for the oil. Maybe we still are. Not so much for us to use, but for them not to have. Oil is a huge cash cow, if we took unfriendly nations cash cow, it would be harder for them to pose a threat to us.

Just some thoughts.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well thanks for pointing this out. I knew of the reports that the oil was here for the taking in Canada, however I only heard rummors it was in quebec. As for why we haven't started to dig for it. It's simple. Your enemies have access to the oil in iraq and iran and kuwait. Why would you not want to limit thier supply? If China Iran Russia or NK pay to buy the oil from the middle east and lets say all the middle east has 500 million barrels in the ground. well that 500 million barrels will be devided by 4 and each of them, giving them 125 million barrels each. Which will give them way more then enough to be happy for 100 years (or be at war for 50 years). Now if you and all your friends come along and have the money to buy 50% of that. This would limit your enemies to 62 million barrels, Therefore giving them enough oil to be happy for 50 years or 25 years of war. Well you would then have the same ammount of oil and 50 happy years of living or 25 years at war. So your on equal footing now. However after the 25 years of war everyone grinds to a halt as there is no more oil. You can then start drilling your lands for oil and presto. Your back in business with oil to power your machines (unlike your enemies who now get to stand there and get crushed). So the oil we gain from Iraq and Kuwait and Afganistan and anywhere else we get it from Just means that its 1 less barrel going into the North korean pocket or into the tanks of the Kremlin or Peoples republic.

The point I am trying to make here is yes it sucks to have to buy that oil from the middle east at the high prices. However in the future when its all gone and only you have oil don't you think that it will pay off ? When you can then set the barrel price to 1000$ and have your enemies begging your for just a drop of it? It will A. put them out of the war business, and B. Make you the richest country in the world once again.

Long live the hidden oil under the North American soil! Now if they can only make it so Canada becomes the 53rd (?) state (what number are we at in states now?)

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
TPTB will be out to suppress this information if it is true, we will soon know by their reaction to it.

If they do not, and it is true, then it will push up the current price of foreign oil even further.

Everything's a scam, I hate it.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by anubis9311
Well thanks for pointing this out. I knew of the reports that the oil was here for the taking in Canada, however I only heard rummors it was in quebec. As for why we haven't started to dig for it. It's simple. Your enemies have access to the oil in iraq and iran and kuwait. Why would you not want to limit thier supply? If China Iran Russia or NK pay to buy the oil from the middle east and lets say all the middle east has 500 million barrels in the ground. well that 500 million barrels will be devided by 4 and each of them, giving them 125 million barrels each. Which will give them way more then enough to be happy for 100 years (or be at war for 50 years). Now if you and all your friends come along and have the money to buy 50% of that. This would limit your enemies to 62 million barrels, Therefore giving them enough oil to be happy for 50 years or 25 years of war. Well you would then have the same ammount of oil and 50 happy years of living or 25 years at war. So your on equal footing now. However after the 25 years of war everyone grinds to a halt as there is no more oil. You can then start drilling your lands for oil and presto. Your back in business with oil to power your machines (unlike your enemies who now get to stand there and get crushed). So the oil we gain from Iraq and Kuwait and Afganistan and anywhere else we get it from Just means that its 1 less barrel going into the North korean pocket or into the tanks of the Kremlin or Peoples republic.

The point I am trying to make here is yes it sucks to have to buy that oil from the middle east at the high prices. However in the future when its all gone and only you have oil don't you think that it will pay off ? When you can then set the barrel price to 1000$ and have your enemies begging your for just a drop of it? It will A. put them out of the war business, and B. Make you the richest country in the world once again.

Long live the hidden oil under the North American soil! Now if they can only make it so Canada becomes the 53rd (?) state (what number are we at in states now?)

Now that made a lot of sense to me, never thought about it that way. It's evil yet smart all at the same time.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I'd like to point out this isn't in alaska.

was a revised report (hadn't been updated since '95) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota ; western South Dakota ; and extreme eastern Montana

'This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years' reports, The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' And it stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada

Some more info.

"This thing is absolutely huge!" That's what I was told after asking about the Bakken formation. And trust me, the oil boom in North Dakota is far from over. On April 10, 2008, the United States Geological Survey (USGS) released their field report about the Bakken. The formation stretches across North Dakota, Montana and Saskatchewan. The report estimates that 3.65 billion barrels of oil can be recovered from the Bakken formation.

Source

After some digging I think I debunked my own thread. Can't do a copy and paste from site so I'll just post the link.

Snopes

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I realise this has been debunked but if it was true, why use your own oil when you can buy it elsewhere. Eventually when everyone else has ran out, it will more benificial to have your own oil.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Read in the other thread that America plans to hold onto these oil reserves whilst it takes the oil from the east and in the long run will control the worlds oil supplies.

People may think america has the worlds military muscle to hold onto this oil but when it comes down to it the whole world is going to have its sights on that oil, one army doesn't stand much of a chance against all the armies of the world.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I don't know why all of you guys want to believe that we have plenty of oil and more than what Saudi Arabia has when the numbers just don't show it.

www.eia.doe.gov...

According to this chart, The United States reached it peak of oil production in 1970with the daily average of 9.64 Million barrels a day. All through the oil crisis of the 1970's we were pretty Producing around 9 million barrels a day and even then that wasn't able to keep up with demand.

Figures in (Million of Barrels a Day(
1960 - 7.04

1970 - 9.64

1980 - 8.6

1990 - 7.36

2000 - 5.82

2008 - 4.9

The Chart Ends in 2008, and by then we were producing 4.9 Million Barrels a day.

The Trend has been a downward spiral of domestic production and yet these stories keep coming around. I believe it is because we are so dependent on oil to get around that living with out it is so hard to imagine. Because our entire society depends on personal vehicles to get around that we demand that every man, woman, and even Children (teenagers) get a drivers license regardless of their ability to drive.

For the past 40 years, attempts have been made to introduce America to go Solar, wind, and fuels made from Organic Sources that being from alge. But Regan came in, cut the funding for research in to this fuel source, (which by now would be a usable source) tore out the Solar Panels on the White House lawn, and put this nation toward ruin that we are facing today.

It been only the past 10 years that we started to invest in Solar And Wind and new Light Rail Systems and even then, its going to be too little to late to really use them. And Even now, People who are against transit always say how wasteful it is, and "We don't want those people" around as there excuse to fund it when in the end, we are going to be depending on it more than ever in the future.

dthwraith, lets say your right, and we do have the oil you report. To avert this current Crisis in the Economy we will need to start producing that oil by 2012. And we will need to start producing 10 million Barrels a day by 2015 to avert this crisis.

If we are to wait until the rest of the world runs out of oil, it will be too late to tap this reserve because by then, the rest of the world would have already invested in alternative power sources that are way better than oil.

Just remember everyone. Every time you fill up your gas tank, you help the terrorist overseas kill our troops, throw rockets at Israel and promote Murder by the regims that rule like Stalin.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by sirbikesalot06]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Also I was able to come to the conclusion just by looking at the Production numbers. But if you people need more proof that we just don't have the oil here it is.

We'll I did go to the site, and I did see the Proved Reserves.

www.eia.doe.gov...

And if you scroll down, you'll come to a graph that shows the proved oil reserves (remember the key word on Proved) that shows our reserves coming down. But just by looking at the production chart, it easy to infere that we just don't have the oil anymore. At least that's my opinion.

Quote from Source.

"Crude Oil
In contrast to natural gas, reported crude oil proved reserves declined by more than 10 percent to 19.1 billion barrels, despite a third year of increased discoveries (Figure 3). Net negative revisions were about the same as the volume produced during the year, and nearly 1.5 times as much as was discovered. The overall decline in reported proved reserves of crude oil was the largest in the 32 years that EIA has published estimates (Figure 4). "

Now this data comes from the Federal Government. I guess you guys would rather here from politicians instead of the people who have credentials.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You don't need to totally consider this debunked. It is still a viable topic. Just ask those drilling in North Dakota right now this minute.

That formation was left alone because the nature of recovering it drove the price to high, but with modern methods and prices its now a goldmine.

That pales in comparison to what lies under the Overthrust Belt (Wyoming, Idaho, Utah) and does not take into consideration the vast reserve of natural gas lying under the Wyoming High Desert.

Some was developed on the Overthrust Belt but most was tied up waiting for the various States to determine Royalties which ended up on the shelf in the State Legislatures back in the late 1970's through the early 1980's. The general consensus in the rumor mill in the Oil Industry, of which I was a part at that time, is the States were influenced by the Fed's to keep it in the ground by shelving the needed legislation.

The pools under the Overthrust Belt when the estimates were published were estimated to "rival the Saudi Oil reserves". As time went by, it was forgotten by the public at large, but the oil and natural gas is still there, located, tested and could be produced at any time.

Add to this the Oil Shale reserves in Colorado which were estimated to be enough to fuel the US needs for 300 years and you can see we are not even close to Peak Oil and never have been. A test plant to refine from the incredibly high grade Oil Shale in that area was built and proven to be viable in the 1970's. The Fed's shut it down. I knew two people working there at the time. They simply mothballed it without reason.

The reserves in Alaska pale in comparison to the area's I just mentioned but could be online in under "3 years" due to the infrastructure being in place. Modern drilling techniques pose no risk to the environment and it boggles the mind why they won't let the drilling start up, right now, this minute.

I had many conversations with everyone from the owners of Wildcat Outfits to Company Hands that would descend on the rigs in their helicopters whenever anything went amiss on a hole. The general view back then was what I've seen discussed here; that we were hoarding our nations oil to deplete other countries oil reserves first.

I noticed on the other thread that was shut down, that somebody thought they had debunked this by pointing to a table of current oil production. That has nothing to do with potential oil production should we lift the moratorium on drilling and constructing refineries. Those numbers are irrelevant to potential oil production.

Obviously the real reason we get any oil at all from outside is financial and to benefit a select few. It certainly hurts "We the People".

OP, you did not really debunk any of this. The truth is, we have oil coming out of our backsides and because of Federal Regulation, Environmental Regulation, Licensing Processes that take decades and the cost of frivolous, phony law suits by radical organizations funded by "unnamed" Beltway Insiders, nobody is dumb enough to pursue it. When the Fed's don't want you to do something, they make it so expensive you simply give up and that's what happened with oil.

We should be paying under a dollar a gallon for gas, but thanks to whoever pocketed all the overseas oil money, we take it up the keaster (forgive my coarse language). We should be exporting not importing. That is simply a fact.

The first time I read something about Peak Oil, I nearly fell out of my chair over the nerve of the people who invented that idea. Those same dipsticks taught us in the early 70's that we would be completely out of oil, fish and farmland by now. You see this particular game has been going on since before most of you were born and if you think you can verify all this on the Internet, think again. You have to go to the source or work for them to know these things. The people who are hiding this from you own the newspapers, the universities, the broadcast news and about everything else.

As an example of how bad it is and how evil these people are, take a look at Alaska. Congress was shown a video of an area about 130 miles from where we want to drill and told a lie. They knew it was a lie, but used it as cover. Caribou do not traverse the area to be drilled, it is a salt marsh with nothing but hoards of mosquito's. No Wildlife would be endangered. It is all a bald faced lie. The drilling is only done in the winter when the herds have gone south and the pipelines pose no risk.

In 2001 the DNC flew 100 Native Americans from the lower 48 to stage a anti-oil rally in Nome. CNN flew up a film crew. They presented the 100 people who had never lived here, plus the single authentic Inuit they could find opposed to drilling, as all being Native Alaskans by leaving the word Alaskans out of their reporting. It was so egregious even our local far Left newspaper here was appalled. Nome is not even near where the drilling would take place. It was a travesty and should insult all of you.

It's easier for them to get away with lying about stuff up here because of the sparse population and easy to buy politicians. That's why they keep the argument centered on us so often. They can fabricate whatever they want, knowing nobody will listen to the people who know the truth. It also keeps people from asking, what about the oil in North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah and Colorado? All you hear about is Alaska.

Keep your eyes on Alaska and even North Dakota, but whatever you do, don't look towards the Overthrust Belt or the Colorado Oil Shale because, shhhhhhh, its a secret

Other questions people should ask themselves are:

What affordable clean energy alternatives?
Where are they?
Name the companies?
Document their existence?
Which Universities are working on them?
Which companies are ready to build the generation plants?
Where had ground been broken to build the generation plants?
How many jobs did it create?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
and supposidly Prudue Bay is only one oil field. I hear there is 3 now. and only one is being worked and the other two have a TS on it. Gull Island and another field. source Lindsey Williams =

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
you know...according to that article, 503 billion barrels=2041 years of running america 100%. assuming this is true, 2 trillion divided by 500 billion=4

so basically thats 5x2041 years of oil for the u.s., over 10,000 years supply! i say tap that, sell it cheap to only americans, and since it can be sold so cheep, put a small tax on oil that comes from those reserves only, and use the money as grant money to develop alternate fuel sources. it would be ironic that the oil companies would be paying for their own downfall.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I found this while searching for the article, which basically states it was some BS pulled up off some investment letter.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
HOW can we NOT BE extracting this?

Probably because they know that a lot of that area would become unstable and cave in if they removed the oil.

Long Beach sank 29 feet from pumping oil out from under it. They had to stop. Sure there are many other places like that in the western states too. Lots of stories of large caverns under there so if that's true, it wouldn't be the most stable area.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If we do have oil, it makes since not to tap it yet. Just think about it. WHY would we want to sell our oil while the price is still relatively low? I could see it being part of a strategic plan to keep our reserves high. Plus, once we are past peak oil, the united states could stand to make WAY more money if we are the only ones with oil fields left because we have used up everyone else's sources.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
If we do have oil, it makes since not to tap it yet. Just think about it. WHY would we want to sell our oil while the price is still relatively low? I could see it being part of a strategic plan to keep our reserves high. Plus, once we are past peak oil, the united states could stand to make WAY more money if we are the only ones with oil fields left because we have used up everyone else's sources.

Nope, because by then, the rest of the world will be using newer forms of energy. If we wait to use this oil, then it will be to late.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join