It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Reds reliever get's his lost wallet returned in the mail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Now this is a nice story. Reds reliever Danny Graves had lost his wallet in the team bus, and thought he would never see it again. To his surprise this week, his wife called him to tell him that the wallet arrived at their Florida home via the mail.

The $1400 dollars in the wallet was replaced with travelers checks, to insure that the money would not be stolen through the mail. The relievers' drivers license, credit cards, reds id card and the $1400 were in the wallet. All were returned.

Source

Graves' reaction: "I'm going to send him a bunch of stuff. He's going to get a little more than an autograph. He's going to get some of that money, too."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Good people do live on this planet indeed. But we focus way too much on the terrible things people do and ignore the good.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
hey good post and its not even about war or bush or kerry or iraq or al qaeda...

thank you for reminding us that there is more to life than those things.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It's good to see positive news for a change. A relief that there are still decent people out there. Thanks.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Have to concur with the other comments nice to know there are some decent people about

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There are probably lots more of these kind of stories around, but the media chooses to ignore these and give more negative news. I hardly read any news that has to do with terrorism or the war, and I haven't even seen the beheading video and don't plan to either. I'm longing for the days that good news starts to hit the front pages of newspapers, and I'm longing for the time when ATSNN is giving more attention to good news.

You get more of what you focus your attention on.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
that's a really nice story and yes there are some good people...but there are some devious people who would realize that "the guy is rich" "he'll probably reward me" "i'll get baseball tickets, autographs and such and probably get to meet and chill with him" "hmmm, i think I will return this now.

bet you if it wasn't a famous person, that $1400 would have been gone.

nice story though.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
bet you if it wasn't a famous person, that $1400 would have been gone.

Actually, I hadn't heard of him until I read this thread. I would have returned it anyway. Unless it was Tony Blair's wallet. That bastard owes me big time.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
grate post, i got sick off all the bad new on the TV so i stop watching the TV for about 3 days so far. i only watch my favorate shows. thanks for the good news

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the report. These days it�s especially nice to see the good and honorable side of humanity.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
See End, that's what you get with ATS, the good, the bad and the ugly. Guess which one I am.

new topics

top topics

join