It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama’s comment Asking Moms to Return to School sexist or just discriminatory?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Obama’s recent comment on asking moms to return to school, along with the possible financial aid from the tax payer, is either sexist or gender bias. I know of homosexual males that have children and would love to go back to college. They would be able to provide a better life style and make their dependants understand the value in a higher education.
Is this another broken promise from “that one” or another of his shell game double speaks?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Obama’s recent comment on asking moms to return to school, along with the possible financial aid from the tax payer, is either sexist or gender bias. I know of homosexual males that have children and would love to go back to college. They would be able to provide a better life style and make their dependants understand the value in a higher education.
Is this another broken promise from “that one” or another of his shell game double speaks?
\

That my friend is a loaded question.
Why is that the only things It could be perceived as?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RjKon

It is a loaded question that is up to discussion. What do you have in mind?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I think he meant he wants everyone to return to school... or at least give them the opportunity to do so... For what reason, I honestly don't know? Is there some sinister plan at work? Maybe? But really? Sexism... That's stretching it a bit much don't you think?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Hell I know a lot of straight men that could make use of this, but everyone knows a straight white man doesn't catch a break in this world.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce

Hell I know a lot of straight men that could make use of this, but everyone knows a straight white man doesn't catch a break in this world.

Unless your last name is Vanderbilt, Rockefeller, Rothschild, etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by iamoverrated

Well yeah but then thy just get blamed for everyone elses probems. If you are a poor white man your s o l. If your a middle class white man, Obamas going make you a poor one, and if your rich everyone is jealous of you and wants to strip you of everything because they think you are the root of all evil. Personally, I am going to pull a reverse Michael Jackson.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
dear oh dear ......

why do so much people have to find flaws in every thing obama does...

being from uk .... it sickens me as a human how much absolute crap he gets for trying to do THE RIGHT THING ,,,, education is good, helping finance education is even better,,,, and hello ... MEN DONT WASTE 9 MONTHS (well, not waste) BEING PREGNANT!!! and thats not a homophobic comment, thats commen sence.

homosexul men who choose to ADOPT do so through their own will, a girl getting a pregnant is a vastly different sitiuation...

the fact that their allowed to adopt in the first place is bad enough, as kids need a mum AND a dad, not a mum and a mum or a dad and a dad ... this is not homophobic... this is fact,

im very sorry if my views offend anyone ... im in no way against anyones sexual prefrences unless they involve children or animals! ... then i think their just plain sickos.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Sounds like a Muslim, Marxist to me!

no doubt noodles...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

As Obama said himself, judge me by the company I keep. If he wanted to say everyone, he would have said "everyone."

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
dear oh dear ......

why do so much people have to find flaws in every thing obama does...

being from uk .... it sickens me as a human how much absolute crap he gets for trying to do THE RIGHT THING ,,,, education is good, helping finance education is even better,,,, and hello ... MEN DONT WASTE 9 MONTHS (well, not waste) BEING PREGNANT!!! and thats not a homophobic comment, thats commen sence.

homosexul men who choose to ADOPT do so through their own will, a girl getting a pregnant is a vastly different sitiuation...

the fact that their allowed to adopt in the first place is bad enough, as kids need a mum AND a dad, not a mum and a mum or a dad and a dad ... this is not homophobic... this is fact,

im very sorry if my views offend anyone ... im in no way against anyones sexual prefrences unless they involve children or animals! ... then i think their just plain sickos.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by boaby_phet]

Waste you say???? Waste?!!
What would your mother have said about you? Your Freudian slip reveals a great deal about your self, and I doubt that you are a waste!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

As Obama said himself, judge me by the company I keep. If he wanted to say everyone, he would have said "everyone."

I don't know, I still think you're reading into this too much. I think he was just generalizing, i.e. how most people assumes god is a "he' and always uses the male form when talking about "him".

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

How is it sexist?
Governments are known number crunchers.

Large numbers = Large problem
Small numbers = No problem - so isn't on their radar.

They expect the most bang for their buck and so target their funding accordingly.
If they feel that getting moms educated is going to have the biggest flow on effect in extra tax dollars down the line, then they'll target them and go with that.

It isn't a bottomless pit of money that they have or else why should moms get the help and not EVERYONE? If that was the case, they'd have to forget about it and no one gets anything as they wouldn't be able to fund it.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

It isn't a bottomless pit of money that they have or else why should moms get the help and not EVERYONE? If that was the case, they'd have to forget about it and no one gets anything as they wouldn't be able to fund it.

Well since the government does not have any money, except borrowed, stolen, or printed maybe they shouldn't give these types of programs to anyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Not everyone needs to go back to school. Why moms? Why do they have to go back to school. unless he is referring to only the single low income moms. Even still with the economy these days you can have phd and be able to find a job. I know first hand a bachelors doesn't get you any where any more.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

as you clearly saw, i also added " (well, not waste) "

that.,....is called trying to have a sence of humor .... but some ananly retentive forum operator (as per usual on ats) does not get it and trys to use it as an attack...

and to be fair .... i wouldnt give to freekin hoots what my mum woudl think to that, or what i woulld think, she aint the only person thats been pregnant and im sure as hell not the only person thats made someone pregrant before also ..

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Obama’s recent comment on asking moms to return to school, along with the possible financial aid from the tax payer, is either sexist or gender bias. I know of homosexual males that have children and would love to go back to college.

And once again, the single are left out on the street. I can say this because it's happening to me- if you're white, single and over 30, you ARE DEAD. D-E-A-D. You cease to exist in any form or fashion for any reason. Women dont want you, jobs dont want you, no one wants you (and in my case with no family- I dont even GET the comfort of family members).

One guy wants to pull a reverse MJ- I am about to pull a 'Logan's Run', minus the running part.

Why bother...

[edit on 2-11-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Come on, why is this not more obvious to ATS members?

Oh man, where to start....

Ok, here goes:

The Women's Rights Movement, was not about 'Equality'. The biggest aspect of the Women's Rights Movement was the fact that 'United We Stand. Divided We Fall."

It is not merely a guess that keeping the America people divided, equals keeping them powerless to change anything meaningful, or to defend themselves as a population. Because of the earlier families in America, there would need to be some changes before government would be able to take so much control for themselves.

It was obvious that communities were too close, and would stick together against tyranny against each other, if it were to present itself. So, to accomplish splitting up the neighbourhoods/communities, media needed to go into overdrive to convince the people that their own neighbours were killers, molesters, gay, etc.... So on comes the beginning of people fearing their own neighbors.
This wasn't good enough.

American families were simply too close, with the added negative of American values that kept communities close. So the family needed to be decimated, so that individuals could be more easily singled out.

Before the Women's Liberation junk, it was a common American tradition for a wife to stay home and raise the kids. She would ensure that the family stayed close, and the kids would be raised with the same morals and values that their parents had.

To infiltrate the family, we needed more American children to be raised by strangers, that would integrate these future adults into a new society with NEW morals, customs, society norms... etc...

I repeat, the 'Women's Rights Movement' was never about 'Equality'. Families were simply too close to be divided like the powers needed.

This brings about my speculation on current events. I think that because of the state of the economy, more women have been home raising the kids, than there have been for a long time. Because of the past closeness of families, this must be avoided. We are in a time when it is not normal for a woman to raise her own children. A school system with questionable intent is only powerful, when most of the population is indoctrinated into it

Women are NOT to be staying home and taking part in raising her own kids. This is just not the American way, and it produces a family that is inseparable. It would undo so many years of America being brought up into such a system of divided individuals.

Just my opinion. I'm not sexist.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Governments hate stay at home moms they are much happier with your child in school and after school programs until 7 at night then they do homework until 10 then they maybe talk wit hthe family members for 30 minutes then they go to bed and repeat the next day.

Gov''t and the education system in general is designed to destroy families because a strong family is a scary thing for the NWO because they rule with strong families.

They make it about a feminist issue when there is nothing wrong at all with a stay at home dad or mom. You can bond with the child more and counter program the brainwashing they have received in school.

Financial constraints make it hard these days but if you can do it then for sure go for it because your family is as important as any job.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Lol It feels like you have re-phrased my theory, in many less words.

Glad not everyone will think I am insane, then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join