It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beijing's first snow of season 'artificially induced'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Beijing's first snow of season 'artificially induced'

www.google.com

BEIJING — Chinese meteorologists covered Beijing in snow Sunday after seeding clouds to bring winter weather to the capital in an effort to combat a lingering drought, state media reported.

The unusually early snow blanketed the capital from Sunday morning and kept falling for half the day, helped by temperatures as low as minus 2 Celsius (29 Fahrenheit) and strong winds from the north, Xinhua news agency reported.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Anybody still doubting that weather manipulation exists better pay attention to this.

If China has the means to do this, then you can bet "other" countries do as well, including big brother here.

What concerns me is two things:

Number one, if this tech falls into the wrong hands (which it may ALREADY be in), who's to say it can not be turned against the populace to induce disastrous weather (and perhaps already has?)...

And two---THIS sentence:

"Chinese meteorologists have for years sought to make rain by injecting special chemicals into clouds."

"Special chemicals?" And those special chemicals don't come raining down with the rain or snow they induce? Where exactly do these "special chemicals" end up?

Hmmm, this should be something that people should be paying attention to and asking questions, at the VERY least...

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1-11-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Just to turn it around, what if it was an act of Nature, and they Say : H3ll yea, we chemtrailed snow in that area ..

Some thing is up , let us see if Moscow becomes 'snow free' , as claimed by some : Russian PM had ordered snowfree winter in moscow..Hmm.
( take this with some salt, I just heard it on a few youtube..)

All of the sudden it is common knowledge with the weather control ?
You see? If the climate changes radically, they say 'they' are doing it to battle the 'warming', see ?

That way, with all those years with visible 'areal weather modifications', they can play the 'good guy' ....

[edit on 1/11/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I can see that you are jumping on the "Special chemicals?" crazy train.

How about educating yourself?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Uhh, even using your wikipedia source to "educate myself" (lol), my original questions still remain. Funniest part is, even YOUR source comes to no certain safety conclusions of dropping silver iodide into the atmosphere. Did you even READ what you were trying to discount my questions with? Safety concerns were DISPUTED between different groups. So maybe perhaps YOU should read your own material before spouting off with the flippant ("crazy train") remarks? Thanks.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That's awesome! Finally where doing some big fun things with technology.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Uhh, even using your wikipedia source to "educate myself" (lol), my original questions still remain. Funniest part is, even YOUR source comes to no certain safety conclusions of dropping silver iodide into the atmosphere. Did you even READ what you were trying to discount my questions with? Safety concerns were DISPUTED between different groups. So maybe perhaps YOU should read your own material before spouting off with the flippant ("crazy train") remarks? Thanks.

Oh, it's MY source now? You're taking this a little too PERSONAL.

It sounds like YOU are the one only using Wikipedia to educate yourself. I merely provided you with a starting location, but it seems - rather typically - that it was as far as you went. I wouldn't expect any more from you, from all of your crazy train threads I've read on here.

I also find it amusing that you put down wikipedia in the same paragraph that you use it as an arguing point for facts.

All aboard!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

LOL, I was using the source YOU submitted for me to "educate myself" with, according to YOUR OWN STATEMENT. And in it, the source YOU gave as that EXAMPLE, did NOT refute my questions, nor did it add to your name calling ridicule, which you have now TWICE used. I pointed out that the source itself that YOU brought to thread to try and discount my questions with, actually raised the SAME safety questions, that I originally talked about! LOL!

Nice try though.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This is great news, good for the Chinese. They are taking matters into their own hands and being in control of their own destiny.

In America we would have tons of whiny crybabies talking about how its not natural, no kidding it is not natural, that's the point. We are humans, we are advancing our technology what is the point of bettering out technology if not to help out the human race, and that is exactly what the Chinese have done here.

Hopefully soon the US will help take matters into its own hands to help with the drought situation in California and else where.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Dear C.S.U.S.A. ( Cloud Seeders of the United States of America),

I would like to put in my order for a good snow fall here in the Charlotte, NC area. Please let it be in time for Thanksgiving and another good one around Christmas. I cannot remember having a white holiday (either one).

OKTHXBY!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
Dear C.S.U.S.A. ( Cloud Seeders of the United States of America),

I would like to put in my order for a good snow fall here in the Charlotte, NC area. Please let it be in time for Thanksgiving and another good one around Christmas. I cannot remember having a white holiday (either one).

OKTHXBY!

I am living in Charlotte right now, beautiful city and absolutely love it. But let me just say you speak for yourself about wanting white holiday. Half the reason I love it down here is that it is a good 12 degrees warmer than NYC.

Where in Charlotte are you located? I am near collingwoods.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

LOL, I was using the source YOU submitted for me to "educate myself" with, according to YOUR OWN STATEMENT. And in it, the source YOU gave as that EXAMPLE, did NOT refute my questions, nor did it add to your name calling ridicule, which you have now TWICE used. I pointed out that the source itself that YOU brought to thread to try and discount my questions with, actually raised the SAME safety questions, that I originally talked about! LOL!

Nice try though.

I can see this is really bothering you. I apologize; I didn't realize that people on here get so upset when their ego takes a hit. I'm sure you'd like to think you know everything, but the opposite is apparent.

Anyway, the source I provided firstly DID answer your questions. Perhaps you read it, but had problems UNDERSTANDING it?

"Special chemicals?" And those special chemicals don't come raining down with the rain or snow they induce? Where exactly do these "special chemicals" end up?

Reading the article I gave you answers all three of your questions.

Question #1: "Special chemicals?"
Answer: Silver iodide and dry ice

Question #2: "And those special chemicals don't come raining down with the rain or snow they induce?"

Answer #1: Gravity, and "What goes up must come down." This common sense answer reveals your ignorance even more than the first question.

Answer #2: Accumulations in the soil, vegetation, and surface runoff have not been large enough to measure above natural background[12]. A 1995 environmental assessment in the Sierra Nevada of California[13] and a 2004 independent panel of experts (an overview only is presented in the executive summary of the research) in Australia confirmed these earlier findings.

Question #3: "Where exactly do these "special chemicals" end up?"

Answer #1: Again with the "special chemical" ignorance. If you had "educated" yourself you would know that silver iodide is highly soluble in water.

Answer #2: See the answers to Question #2 and append "there have been several detailed ecological studies that showed negligible environmental and health impacts.[8][9][10]. The toxicity of silver and silver compounds (from silver iodide) was shown to be of low order in some studies. These findings likely result from the minute amounts of silver generated by cloud seeding, which are 100 times less than industry emissions into the atmosphere in many parts of the world, or individual exposure from tooth fillings"

Answer #3: Since silver iodide and not elemental silver is the cloud seeding material, the claims of negative environmental impact are disputed by peer-reviewed research as summarized by the international weather modification association

If only you would EDUCATE yourself, you wouldn't be so IGNORANT to the subject. You seem to want to retain your ignorance too since it is apparent that you are brushing off the answers to all your questions.

It's almost as if you want to remain in ignorance. Life must be very blissful for you.

I await your rant and defense, because I think you'd rather explain the reasons for your ignorance instead of educating yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This can't be good in the long run. There is never any good reason to play with Mother Nature.

If you keep all of the rain and snow in one area, how do the crops grow in another? This technology needs to be destroyed, because if it is not, the world will get much worse, not to mention that governments will use it as a weapon.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
This can't be good in the long run. There is never any good reason to play with Mother Nature.

If you keep all of the rain and snow in one area, how do the crops grow in another? This technology needs to be destroyed, because if it is not, the world will get much worse, not to mention that governments will use it as a weapon.

Wow. That post almost sounds like it is coming from someone in the 1600s who thinks spirits control the rain.

We can transport large amounts of water now. It doesn't have to rain directly over the crops.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

By displacing more earth, or transporting from lakes, rivers, and other bodies of water by other means. More cost. The point is, we shouldn't be fooling with Mother Nature for personal pleasure, and that's all this is. Make it snow here for a white christmas, or stop the rain here so we have a dry vacation. Or let's create a blizzard over Israel so they can't launch fighter aircraft to defend themselves. See where this is going?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
China has been doing this for decades, it's hardly revolutionary. Anyone who is a Pilot or knows someone who is a Pilot would know about this, I personally found out from my best friends father who regularly flew Air Canada flights to and over China.

They started out using AA guns to shoot silver Iodide at clouds to make it rain over crops during drought, now they've moved on to arguably more modern methods. Like I said, been doing it for decades and it's well known in the circles that would have a reason to know about it (like, if you are flying a plane over a modification zone
) Not a conspiracy in most senses.

Now, the effect it is having however, THAT is a conspiracy. It's not good, and the more they do it the worse they are going to destabalize the environment over time. India is close to going to war with them concerning their abuse of the water sources that feed into India, this being one of them.

Oh, and they will be doing it here in BC for the olympics in a couple of months.

[edit on 1-11-2009 by D.E.M.]

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

According to RestingInPieces, we can relocate the water to them, right? With Modern technology, we can make a super massive sprinkler, and our kids can play under it while we water the fields.

I try to be as open-minded as I can, but tampering with Mother Nature is not acceptable.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It seems there has been a lot of news lately coming up about artificially induced weather patterns/anomalies and so forth. Is it simply the breaking through of new technology, or is it experimentation at a much larger level.

HAARP comes to mind, as does the recent discovery of the chemtrail patent Stratospheric Welsbach seeding for the reduction of global warming

Interesting times we live in, indeed...

NEXUS

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ah yes, forgot to point out, Beijing did this exact thing in February. That is, blasted Silver Iodide to create snowfall. Resulted in a blizzard that lasted 3 days.

Point being, It's a regular thing with them.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just thought I'd post some further information regarding cloud seeding, firstly there has been a lot of debate regarding it's effectiveness, many countries have used cloud seeding to varying results, there are even commercial operators who will do it for a fee.

Here's one in North Dakota: www.weathermod.com...

So it's no big secret.

As for the special chemicals, as RestingInPieces says, silver iodide is the choice for most cloud seeding operations.

How much is used?

Dr Alex Nazarov
In the tanks we have about 150 grams of silver iodide in a solution of about 25, 27 litres of acetone. And that takes about three and a quarter hours to burn. So very, very small quantities.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How dangerous is the stuff?

Here's a NIOSH Health Hazard Evaluation Report conducted at MK Ballistic Systems in California.

MK Ballistic Systems manufacture flares for cloud seeding, the report was filed because of the possibility that exposure to silver iodide could be a cause of thyroid disease in workers.

So what were the findings?

Good work practices while mixing the flare components resulted in the generation of very little visible airborne dust during the NIOSH visit. Exposures to flare components were found to be well below any concentrations known to cause adverse health effects.

Employee interviews and medical record review revealed no information suggesting an association between diagnosed medical conditions and exposures at MK Ballistics Systems. There was employee concern that exposure to silver iodide might precipitate thyroid disorders, but our evaluation did not find high exposures. In addition, there is no evidence in the medical literature that exposure to iodide compounds is related to the development of the specific thyroid disorders found in the interviewed
workers.

www.cdc.gov...

So, a factory that manufactures silver iodide flares for cloud seeding has been ruled safe, the people working there will get as much exposure to silver iodide as anyone will to no ill effects.

[edit on 1/11/09 by Chadwickus]

<<   2 >>

join