It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400,000 on FBI's Terrorist Watch List

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
What if your president was fighting to keep that terror list top secret?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The last people you ever want to encounter are rogue FBI agents. Pray you never do... Between threats against friends, family and loved ones as well as having your teeth knocked out, jaw fractured, ribs broken and a big fat lit cigar put out on your forehead along with other things which the description would be so graphic that my post would be censored or removed... You will learn to do as they say, and they will let you live as long as you have some kind of leverage against them.

I've been a good bitch... See you tomorrow in Atlanta.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm supprised by the replies to the OP, every one saw the title.

"1,600 are suggested daily for FBI's list, Number of names on terrorist watch list at 400,000, agency says"

And then i guessed stopped reading, now there are 3 pages of post about how the goverment has all these people on the list and it looks like everyone assumes that the people on the list are Americans. READ THE ARTICLE! This is from the 4th paragraph.

"Fewer than 5 percent of the people on the list are U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents."

So 5% of the 400,000 = about 20,000 people in the US are on that list. With the current popluation of the US as of 20 Oct, 2009 being aprox 308 million. That brings the amount of the US population on this list to.....drum roll please...... 0.0000649% of the total US population is on this list. So everyone take a deep breath and reread the entire article.

p.s. all the population figures were taken from Wikipedia and the CIA factbook.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
This is not "innocent until proven guilty".

One can be innocent until proven guilty while sitting in jail for some alleged crime. All we are talking about is putting people on a watch list. We put them on a watch list because they have done or said something to raise suspicions of being a threat to national security and because the cost of not watching them may be far too high.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jaym19th

Yeah you're right on there. It just strikes me as odd that they wouldn't want to share such a list when that's the case. I mean if most of them are foreign anyway, what does it hurt to inform the American public about who to keep an eye out for?

To me that says many of the people whom are on the list, got there under dubious circumstances and if the public knew the story behind it, they wouldn't be pleased.

JMO

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaym19th
READ THE ARTICLE! This is from the 4th paragraph.

"Fewer than 5 percent of the people on the list are U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents."

Maybe they are "not U.S. citizens" because they are classified as "constitutionalists".

Perhaps they are "not U.S. citizens" because they are atheists. (and according to G. Bush, sr. [as well as various policy dictates for holding any office]...."atheists are not citizens". Seems the pledge says that this is one nation under god. So those who do not believe in god are not included.)

What we really need to know is their definition of what is and is not a U.S. citizen. Didn't Clinton teach us that definitions of the same word may vary in interpretation according to circumstance?

<< 1  2   >>

join