It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration Seeks to Keep Terror Watch-List Data Secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Administration Seeks to Keep Terror Watch-List Data Secret

www.washingtonpost.com

The Obama administration wants to maintain the secrecy of terrorist watch-list information it routinely shares with federal, state and local agencies, a move that rights groups say would make it difficult for people who have been improperly included on such lists to challenge the government.

Intelligence officials in the administration are pressing for legislation that would exempt "terrorist identity information" from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act. Such information --
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Fear for the "domestic terrorists" for a secret list is being compiled.

Transparency exchanged for secrecy in this case is a sweet deal for an administration who has continually demonized the opposition and even the American people as domestic terrorists.

Pray you don't end up on this secret "terror watch-list"

Maybe you already are?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

"Instead of enhancing accountability, this would remove accountability one or two steps further away," said Steven Aftergood, director of the Federation of American Scientists' Project on Government Secrecy.

Oh, hell no, we can't let accountability get in the way of our agenda, er, I mean the protection and security of the American people.

Top Secret lists and data on the people... sound familiar?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What is the criteria for getting on the list?
Not going to church?
Speaking out against lies of religious "leaders"?

Exposing the names of the CNP Council for National Policy because they are bottom feeders and make their money off of religious people and religious institutions?

These are just regular American citizens on their hit list, right?

Don't we have a right to know and defend ourselves?

Or will they just decide to round up the list one day and grab you while you are out shopping or in bed asleep?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Pray you don't end up on this secret "terror watch-list"

I am already on this list in uk, and i like i said am monitored 24/7.

You never want to get on this, as these people are an absolute nightmare, and the people who did to me, to destroy my life, have in fact murdered my life.

If your on a list your life is finished, and my life is proof of that. They do not care if you never do anything. All it takes is for one person who hates you for something, and if they are rotten, they will ring up the wrong people, i.e agency and you will be on it forever.

Then the nightmare starts. WHy the people who abuse this system are not on this list instead of there victims is beyond me.

Trust me you never need to do anything, if some one is evil enough to want to do this to you, they will and your fooked, like i am for the rest of your life.

Just remember to never do anything wrong, thats all you can do, and do not let people lead you into things.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'd say if you are not a sheeple you are on the list
I'm sure it started out only including anti-govt., then dissenters, then ron paul supporters, and now almost everyone.

Of course almost everyone here at ATS is on the list

basically if you do not support war-profiteering or wanting big govt. and them having more of your money you are on the list.

new topics

top topics

join